Sir Bobby Robson Trophy - England 3 - 2 Germany

Dave

Had a cracking time, I don't usually get into all the tacky Mexican wave sort of stuff but it was fun and very much in the spirit of the event. Great to see Sir Bobby get a brilliant reception.

Guest Phil K

Type properly for f***'s sake. This isn't a mid-1990s mobile phone.

:clap: ;D

Must admit "text-isms" irritate the sh*t out of me too

Whether it's "m8" or whatever. My wife even does it.

What a game. When they brought Sir Bob out in the wheelchair I cried. The atmosphere though was fabulous. Tiny little kids (2 and 3 years old) shouting "Shearer, Shearer", the mexican waves (bloody executive box weren't that clued up as to how to keep them going like), the streaker was funny as f*** especially as none of the stewards looked remotely interested in covering him up and the football match went on around him, the Gazza kicked his boxers  :mackems:. Shearer's penalty, seeing Sir Les at SJP again, Jorge Albertz (sorry I know he's German but he is one of my Ranger's heroes), the night was fantastic.

Oh and the new away shirt looks canny on as long as you are under 3 feet 6, any taller than that and it just looks stupid.

aye, i liked jorge albertz, remembering him having a hell of a shot on him. with that 'zidane bit' he's got going on at the back of his head, he looked from a distance like a taller nicky 'midfield collossus' butt  :snod:

It's Joerg not Jorge... German not Mexican! :-)

Was great to see Sir Bob get a standing ovation. I still think the atmosphere could've been better and the whole event could've been better organised. I was expecting a similar event to Shearers Testimonial to be honest - not qutie to the same extent like.

I liked how lots of kids got along to the game I just think scarves or a banner or something could've paid better tribute.

Guest toonlass

What a game. When they brought Sir Bob out in the wheelchair I cried. The atmosphere though was fabulous. Tiny little kids (2 and 3 years old) shouting "Shearer, Shearer", the mexican waves (bloody executive box weren't that clued up as to how to keep them going like), the streaker was funny as f*** especially as none of the stewards looked remotely interested in covering him up and the football match went on around him, the Gazza kicked his boxers  :mackems:. Shearer's penalty, seeing Sir Les at SJP again, Jorge Albertz (sorry I know he's German but he is one of my Ranger's heroes), the night was fantastic.

Oh and the new away shirt looks canny on as long as you are under 3 feet 6, any taller than that and it just looks stupid.

aye, i liked jorge albertz, remembering him having a hell of a shot on him. with that 'zidane bit' he's got going on at the back of his head, he looked from a distance like a taller nicky 'midfield collossus' butt  :snod:

Actually we are all wrong, its Jörg Albertz  :razz:

Joerg is how you write that weird 'o' thing so technically he was right (not wanting to be too pedantic)  :razz:

Guest toonlass

Joerg is how you write that weird 'o' thing so technically he was right (not wanting to be too pedantic)  :razz:

Ahhh bugger it. I don't care.

Guest Geordiesned

A message from Sir Bobby on his justgiving page:

WOW !!!!  What a fantastic reception I received at St James' Park yesterday, Sunday 26th July.  It was one of the best night's of my life and I cant believe how many people turned up to support me and my charity.  The atmosphere was amazing and the England win, thank goodness, was well deserved !!!  I would personally like to to take this opportunity to thank everyone who bought a ticket for the football match or indeed anyone who has made a donation to my charity. As I keep saying, "every penny counts".

I thought the fans were really respectful when the German national anthem was played and they gave the german team a well deserved ovation at the end of the game, so I thank them for that.  I thought it was a very competitive match and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.  After all, it was all about having fun and raising money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

I would like to personally thank Lester Holcombe and Ciaran Kennedy of Toast Events for staging this magnificent event in my honour.  I would also like to thank ITV for the wonderful programme they produced and obviously I could not have done this without the help of Newcastle United and their wonderful staff. Every player and celebrity who was involved in yesterday's match has my absolute gratitude because without them agreeing to take part it would never have happened.

I have to say that the people of the North East "did me proud", so thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.

I will let you know in due course how much the match has raised for the charity and I will keep you posted of any future charity events taking place. 

Thank you for your support.

Sir Bobby Robson CBE

:)

Guest toonlass

A message from Sir Bobby on his justgiving page:

WOW !!!!  What a fantastic reception I received at St James' Park yesterday, Sunday 26th July.  It was one of the best night's of my life and I cant believe how many people turned up to support me and my charity.  The atmosphere was amazing and the England win, thank goodness, was well deserved !!!  I would personally like to to take this opportunity to thank everyone who bought a ticket for the football match or indeed anyone who has made a donation to my charity. As I keep saying, "every penny counts".

I thought the fans were really respectful when the German national anthem was played and they gave the german team a well deserved ovation at the end of the game, so I thank them for that.  I thought it was a very competitive match and I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.  After all, it was all about having fun and raising money for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation.

I would like to personally thank Lester Holcombe and Ciaran Kennedy of Toast Events for staging this magnificent event in my honour.   I would also like to thank ITV for the wonderful programme they produced and obviously I could not have done this without the help of Newcastle United and their wonderful staff. Every player and celebrity who was involved in yesterday's match has my absolute gratitude because without them agreeing to take part it would never have happened.

I have to say that the people of the North East "did me proud", so thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.

I will let you know in due course how much the match has raised for the charity and I will keep you posted of any future charity events taking place. 

Thank you for your support.

Sir Bobby Robson CBE

:)

:clap: :clap2: :clap: :indi:

My Dad was getting rather annoyed at the German centre backs being so dirty.

Shearer doing Klinsmann type dives made them look far dirtier than they were tbh.

Big up to Midds,Cat and brother of Cat.It was nice to meet for a pint with you before the game. O0