Sir Bobby Robson Trophy - England 3 - 2 Germany

Dave

Loved that bit there when the presenter voice said "they've enjoyed coming along, seeing England win, seeing Shearer score, and seeing Sir Bobby" whilst showing a shot of some miserable faced fans leaving the ground. :lol:

All this talk about SBR has got me thinking about my favourite times while he was manager:

Beating Arsenal at Highbury 3-1

Beating Man Utd 4-3

Beating Leeds 4-3 away

Beating Juve

Drawing with Inter away

Beating Spurs 4-0 with the fantastic Robert goals

Beating Shef Wed 8-0

Feyenoord away was amazing

Also some fine players: Robert, Bellamy, Shearer, Acuna, Solano, Bernard, Dyer, Speed, Woodgate etc (I know some were not signed by SBR)

Makes me want to get the end of season DVDs out, but once I start watching them, I get really depressed about our current situation

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just got back from an alreet night out. Some great support for SBR and a streaker too!

Only bad bit was the realisation that Des Walker is better then most of our back four, Bez could probably still play Left Back and Rob Lee & Peter Beardsley have more engine and creativity in them then all of our midfield...

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its not sad, its a testiment to the character of Bobby Robson that he can be out their with a smile despite all that has happened. That right there is bravery and passion, all those so called Newcastle United players should have been there to witness what it is to be a true Geordie legend and hero.

So sad to see him in this state. I have been his fan since Italia 90. Great person personally also a great football manager. Only Guss Hidink might compare to him right now in football. I belive we still paying for his unjustly sacking into the minute. I wish him all the best for the rest of his life...

Guest thebigfella

Great night support was briliant 2 questions though who was the number 2 for the german total beast and why was dowie there u think he and alan been in meetings with cashley!!

I just got back.

As already mentioned, very sad to see Sir Bobby in that way but the whole event had good vibrations.

I had a fun time like, we got a canny good mexican wave going at one point that lasted a few laps.

Des Walker was amazing. It was also class seeing Pedro & Beresford in action.

Its not sad, its a testiment to the character of Bobby Robson that he can be out their with a smile despite all that has happened. That right there is bravery and passion, all those so called Newcastle United players should have been there to witness what it is to be a true Geordie legend and hero.

:clap:

I like Bobby Robson, always have done, his achievements in European football stand out against pretty much all other English managers (in terms of achieving things with European clubs, rather than in European football with an English club, that makes him pretty much unique)

But I've often been curious about seeing him described here as a Geordie legend and the strength of his link with NUFC.

I always assume that's meant in the sense of a legend from your parts, rather than an NUFC legend, given that his connection with the club was 4 or 5 years as manager. Is this right?

Not being from your area, I always associate him overwhelmingly with Ipswich as a manager (and then Albion and Fulham as a player).

Guest Stephen927

:)