How to save ourselves from relegation

Guest Brazilianbob

We created plenty of chances against a side that planned a 0-0 from their bus.

yet that side managed to create the best chance

What's that got to do with anything? :lol:

We created three clear cut, golden, chances in the game and that is more than we've done for a long time. Oba's row-zedder, Viduka's right after half time (which, in fairness to the three strikers, was a smashing but of football), and that ridiculous sitter that Owen scuffed.

That's what switching to the 4-3-3 has done and i have faith in the formation. The dying embers of quality in this squad have been begging for some sort of method in which to get a chance in front of goal and Shearer's done the right thing in reverting to it, even though it was Keegan's.

Shooting boots needed from now on in though. :thup:

Playing 4-3-3 to create three chances against another struggling side is one thing, trying to do it against a team which can out run-us, out-fight us, out-score us and who actually punish us if we make any mistakes is lunacy in my mind. If Chelsea didn't want to take Barca on why the hell would we want to go toe to toe with Liverpool?

Don't agree with you Yorkie mate. For me it was an even game, you managed to create the better quality of chances, but Pompey spurned a fair few good situations themselves, a few of which were very dangerous indeed. Don't take the "they played for a 0-0" rubbish.

Don't agree with you Yorkie mate. For me it was an even game, you managed to create the better quality of chances, but Pompey spurned a fair few good situations themselves, a few of which were very dangerous indeed. Don't take the "they played for a 0-0" rubbish.

Agreed.

Over the first twenty minutes or so Pompey kept things tight & and slowed the pace down, in effect taking the crowd out of the game. An early goal conceded - on their part - against a side in a must win game & against a side looking to establish an up-beat & dominant tempo could've led to a landslide defeat, considering they would've been facing the proposition of defending against minded attacking 433 team with a new found sense of confidence with a crowd onside for the ride.

Guest DarkSchneider

Last year Keagan said that he just had to find a place for Geremi. I think that he should play more. At least he offers some threat from free kicks and he can deliver balls into the box. I can't understand why we didn't use him more when we were playing long ball. Now we're playing no ball(in the box) instead.

Even if he hasn't got the legs as most of you like to say, he can offer much more than Duff and Jonas in terms of creativity and final ball.

I'd try something like

Geremi Barton Jonas

We created plenty of chances against a side that planned a 0-0 from their bus.

yet that side managed to create the best chance

I disagree, Owen had the best chance of the game. I know they hit the post, but that chance was nowhere near as easy to convert as Owen's, nor was Crouch's. Coming closer to scoring =/= being a better chance.

Guest toonlass

It's easy..we make 3 consortiums,first one buys West Brom,second buys Boro and the third buys Hull.Then,we send them into administration,costing each club 10 points,and we stay up.Piece of piss really.

Its so brilliant that it just might work  :lol:

Guest toonlass

I have a plan. We go to St James' and loosen the bolts holding up the Sports Direct logo. When we are shooting towards the Gallowgate end, the fans can all kick the back of the stand, shaking the roof, and the sign falls off. It lands on their keeper and at least 3 other players, leaving them with only minor cuts and bruises. We nip in while they are all off for treatment and score. Even despite our finishing even with 4 blokes off we should get at least 1 goal. Then we pack our defense and hope that we don't concede.

I have a plan. We go to St James' and loosen the bolts holding up the Sports Direct logo. When we are shooting towards the Gallowgate end, the fans can all kick the back of the stand, shaking the roof, and the sign falls off. It lands on their keeper and at least 3 other players, leaving them with only minor cuts and bruises. We nip in while they are all off for treatment and score. Even despite our finishing even with 4 blokes off we should get at least 1 goal. Then we pack our defense and hope that we don't concede.

the sign would either miss or land on the fans, guaranteed

Guest ObaStar

Our main problem seems to be getting the ball into the box.  As we cannot count on the current incumbents I reckon we should recall Lua Lua from Donnie and put him on the right wing/right midfield with a remit to get the ball into the box for Viduka and Owen.

what a stupid idea.