Liverpool 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 03/05/09 - post match reaction from page 17

Dave

Is Owen really on £120k though? I'm sure it was £100k last year... Would be amazed if Nacho is on that too, the other two look roughly right, maybe still a little high (as in 10k or so). Still a massive fucking rip off.

f***ing hell, what wages are you basing that on? :dowie:

Still be a shitload of money mind.

Owen - £120,000

Viduka - £75,000

Cacapa - £35,000

Gonzales - £20-30,000

Viduka's could be even more IMO!

Is Owen really on £120k though? I'm sure it was £100k last year... Would be amazed if Nacho is on that too, the other two look roughly right, maybe still a little high (as in 10k or so). Still a massive fucking rip off.

There's been quite a few quoted wages for Owen, £105,000, £120,000, £125,000, I decided to go with the middle one :)

£20-£30,000 is pretty small wages here so I wouldn't imagine that's high for a La Liga player either.

I don't really believe that Viduka is paid that much tbh. I'd say half that.

You can't really believe he's on £37,000?  Nah I'm reasonably sure he's on £75,000, I've never seen any other wage mentioned for him.  Apparently we gave him that because we got him for free.

You can't really believe he's on £37,000?  Nah he's on £75,000, I've never seen any other wage mentioned for him other then £75,000.  Apparently we gave him that because we got him for free.

OK, fair enough if that's true, which it probably is. But I find it hard to believe that having no transfer fee (which goes to the club) means we are happy to pay the player (which goes to the... player) much much more. The wage shouldn't be dependant on the transfer fee.

It shouldn't be but that's how it always works, players look for extra if the clubs going to get them for free and in the current insane market clubs fall for it.  Apparently the fat one was on close to £60,000 at Boro :dowie:

Obviously I might be a bit off on one of two of the wages, but the minimum we'd save by letting those four go would be £12 million a year IMO.

You can't really believe he's on £37,000?  Nah he's on £75,000, I've never seen any other wage mentioned for him other then £75,000.  Apparently we gave him that because we got him for free.

OK, fair enough if that's true, which it probably is. But I find it hard to believe that having no transfer fee (which goes to the club) means we are happy to pay the player (which goes to the... player) much much more. The wage shouldn't be dependant on the transfer fee.

Well...when any player is on a bosman transfer there are hell of lot more competition for the signing which of course means better wages to choose from and do you really think Viduka or any other of our greedy bastards would honestly go for a lower wages instead of some more reasonable thing such as guaranteed starting place

It shouldn't be but that's how it always works, players look for extra if the clubs going to get them for free and in the current insane market clubs fall for it.  Apparently the fat one was on close to £60,000 at Boro :dowie:

Christ, fair enough then. My bad. Players are too greedy nowadays *shakes stick*.

Guest fraser

Not only a shite result, performance and blah, blah, blah but my wife broke her ankle walking (entirely sober) along Anfield Road after the match. Still, think she'll be back before Barton.

If anyone had turned up at Anfield unaware of the fact that over 40 points separated these two sides, then casual observation of our warm-up routine would have given a clue as to the lack of basic proficiency - Newcastle's laughable attempt at shooting practice about on a par with the most useless of the fan groups who do the "It's a Knockout" type kick-in on Soccer AM.

:lol:

It was absolutely abysmal at Stoke too.

If anyone had turned up at Anfield unaware of the fact that over 40 points separated these two sides, then casual observation of our warm-up routine would have given a clue as to the lack of basic proficiency - Newcastle's laughable attempt at shooting practice about on a par with the most useless of the fan groups who do the "It's a Knockout" type kick-in on Soccer AM.

:lol:

It was absolutely abysmal at Stoke too.

It's absolutely abysmal when they're playing for real at the minute as well.

Didn't pick this up via the telecast - as i was away from my viewing set, on a couple of occasions - but i refer to the The Independent's post match review.

This observation and i'm paraphrasing ,"Mike Ashley, in the directors box, chuckled as Shearer was teased by the home support with the 'You should've stayed on the telly' chant.

Disappointing to say the very least, if true.

:lol: why is it disappointing when Shearer himself acknowledged the kop, came out of the dugout, and gave them a wave and a smile?

:omg: MIKE CHUCKLED!!

Shearer out tbh.

Didn't pick this up via the telecast - as i was away from my viewing set, on a couple of occasions - but i refer to the The Independent's post match review.

This observation and i'm paraphrasing ,"Mike Ashley, in the directors box, chuckled as Shearer was teased by the home support with the 'You should've stayed on the telly' chant.

:lol: why is it disappointing when Shearer himself acknowledged the kop, came out of the dugout, and gave them a wave and a smile?

Shearer acknowledging, and taking the piss out of the opposition - whether it be The Kop etc - isn't that unusual. Top players & managers alike cop it all the time, they exchange in the banter exchange, and ironically enough they tend to come out on top. Witness Bellamy's performances at SJP amidst the groundswell of abuse and booing he's received since his forced departure. With an ambitious board/owner in tow Shearer - as manager - might just harness the opportunity of inflicting the last laugh. Can't see it happening during Wor Mikey's ownership though.

At least you can see the funny side with regards to that 'breath of fresh air' - Big Mike - still being able to enjoy his leisurely afternoon at the football, amidst the club's current predicament thanks to his running of it over the last two years. Much like the sight of him sporting a broad smile while out of harm's way in the protective custody of the director's box at WHL, with the score at 0-1. Funnily enough i don't.

Shearer out tbh.

Acknowledging your obvious tongue in cheek response....................... isn't it about time that you remove your tongue from Wor Mike's arse.

Shearer acknowledging, and taking the piss out of the opposition - whether it be The Kop etc - isn't that unusual. Top players & managers alike cop it all the time, they exchange in the banter exchange, and ironically enough they tend to come out on top. Witness Bellamy's performances at SJP amidst the groundswell of abuse and booing he's received since his forced departure. With an ambitious board/owner in tow Shearer - as manager - might just harness the opportunity of inflicting the last laugh. Can't see it happening during Wor Mikey's ownership though.

At least you can see the funny side with regards to that 'breath of fresh air' - Big Mike - still being able to enjoy his leisurely afternoon at the football, amidst the club's current predicament thanks to his running of it over the last two years. Much like the sight of him sporting a broad smile while out of harm's way in the protective custody of the director's box at WHL, with the score at 0-1. Funnily enough i don't.

Did you see the shots of Mike Ashley when Liverpool scored? He wasn't smiling then! And neither was Shearer. Outside of that though, I get the feeling that the club has collectively decided to put on a brave face in amidst all the chaos and perilous state we're in. You can see it in Shearer's body language before matches, his first press conference, and his latest.

Also, the taunts coming from the Kop, their timing, and considering the scoreline, were funny as fuck tbh. Having a sense of humor to acknowledge sporting banter isn't the end of the world. Ashley can only make top tier decisions to aid in keeping us up. He's made a last ditch tackle hiring Shearer, and we all hope he can do the job. Smirking at some Scouse humor when you're down in the gutter isn't the end of the fucking world.