Shepherd Coming Back Again and more take-over tosh

biggs

Sorry I don't get that. Are you suggesting Ashley would have been better off keeping a DoF?

No I'm not. But once again you're just being contrary for the sake of it. You know fine well the reason Ashley brought in that system was so we could buy younger players for cheaper fees and cheaper wages in the past. But then again I'll leave it for now as you will no doubt contradict this post too.

Eh? How the f*ck am I the one being contrary here?

You made an argument saying that Shepherd had changed his ways towards the end so had admitted his mistakes which I agree with. All I did was put an argument forward that by getting rid of a system that has f*cked us up, and brought in someone else and got rid of the main cause of the problems that perhaps, just maybe, Ashley has done the same.

How can it be alright to accept one had learned from his mistakes, but not the other, even though both have made similar acts? If anything you're the one being contrary here.

I never once said Ashley hasn't learned from his mistakes did I by getting ride of the DOF system? Shame he never realised we never needed such a system in the first place.

I hated Shepherd very much before.But after F*ck Fat Mark Ashley came, I find i still dont like Shepherd,but not hate him so much any more.No matter which rich men buy us in the future,Newcastle wont worse than the situation we are .

Couldnt have put that better myself and a pint of what youve just had :Jonny2J:

"They tend to blame everyone but themselves. They have to look at themselves and say what have we done wrong here and not start blaming other people. Just be a man stand up and say, 'I've got it wrong. How can we put it right?' "

JEEEZUZ!  :kasper:

Thats rich coming from freddy Shepherd. 

Absolutely. The longer Freddie stayed in the job, the worse he became, and the prime reason was he would never learn. Whenever something went wrong, it would be someone else's fault and the solution was always to acquire more power for himself.

To me with the appointment of Allardyce and the admittance for a more prudent approach showed that he had realised his past mistakes.

Yes, I always saw it as a kind of final act of redemption. He'd finally learnt from his mistakes and, with death approaching, he chose to walk towards the light. Well done him.

Thing is, he wasn't supposed to come back, the fucking zombie.

Personally, I didn't see Allardyce's appointment as finally seeing the light. More like running out of options. The lame-ducks who were there to keep the seat warm for Shearer (Souness, Roeder) had failed and Shearer still wasn't interested in taking over. Shepherd then had no choice but to turn to the man who was (apparently) the best available.

By then, we'd had three years of decline on and off the pitch

"They tend to blame everyone but themselves. They have to look at themselves and say what have we done wrong here and not start blaming other people. Just be a man stand up and say, 'I've got it wrong. How can we put it right?' "

Absolutely. The longer Freddie stayed in the job, the worse he became, and the prime reason was he would never learn. Whenever something went wrong, it would be someone else's fault and the solution was always to acquire more power for himself.

To me with the appointment of Allardyce and the admittance for a more prudent approach showed that he had realised his past mistakes.

I'm not sure the appointment was down to him realising he needed to take a more prudent approach.  Shepherd tended to swing wildly between managerial appointments based on the reactions to our teams -

Dalglish - Keegan's team played nice open attacking football but a little poor defensively so let's appoint a guy who knows how to get teams playing as a tight defensive unit.

Gullit - Oh Shit! Dalglish's team is crap to watch, better get in some Sexy Football

Robson - OK, so Gullit didn't work, let's go the man who knows everything about football

Souness - Robson lost the dressing room, we need a disciplinarian

Roeder - OK, so Souness was a lunatic who alienated almost everyone, let's go for Mr Nice Guy

Allardyce - Mr Nice Guy was too nice & we're 20 years behind other teams when it comes to training techniques.  People keep talking about these Pro Licenses, Allardyce has one & he was in line for the England job, he'll bring us up-to-date

For what it's worth I think Shepherd would have sacked Allardyce before the end of last season for the same reasons that we got rid of Souness, we were shit to watch and the players were clearly unable to follow his instructions, whatever they were.

I'm not sure the appointment was down to him realising he needed to take a more prudent approach.  Shepherd tended to swing wildly between managerial appointments based on the reactions to our teams -

Dalglish - Keegan's team played nice open attacking football but a little poor defensively so let's appoint a guy who knows how to get teams playing as a tight defensive unit.

Gullit - Oh s***! Dalglish's team is crap to watch, better get in some Sexy Football

Robson - OK, so Gullit didn't work, let's go the man who knows everything about football

Souness - Robson lost the dressing room, we need a disciplinarian

Roeder - OK, so Souness was a lunatic who alienated almost everyone, let's go for Mr Nice Guy

Allardyce - Mr Nice Guy was too nice & we're 20 years behind other teams when it comes to training techniques.  People keep talking about these Pro Licenses, Allardyce has one & he was in line for the England job, he'll bring us up-to-date

For what it's worth I think Shepherd would have sacked Allardyce before the end of last season for the same reasons that we got rid of Souness, we were s*** to watch and the players were clearly unable to follow his instructions, whatever they were.

Very good points and i must say just about right on all counts but its his financial stuff that dragged us down .

You'll always find some trait that makes someone seem like a polar opposite of someone else. Allardyce played boring machine football; let's bring in some spirit and enthusiasm; Keegan was too spirited and too much his own man; let's bring in a clown who's so desperate for the job that he'll take all kinds of shit without protesting, like when we sell our best player in the January transfer window without even making the profits available for transfers; oh shit, the clown had a dodgy heart, let's bring in someone young who has a real heart.

Et cetera.