Shepherd Coming Back Again and more take-over tosh

biggs

A naked Freddy Shepherd riding back into the toon on the back of a white stallion!

But sadly the white stallion will have skid marks on its back.

Are you questioning Shepherd's personal hygiene? I'll have you know that his personal hygiene was twice that of Mike Ashley.

Sixth best anal hygiene in Europe.

Might as well shove it in here because it's not worthy of a new thread but funny all the same, but Arsenal Director Stan Kroenke is fighting Vince McMahon on next week's WWE Raw. :lol:

:lol: What on earth?

:lol:

The reaction from McMahon, who once shaved his head after losing a bet to Donald Trump and whose death was evidently faked when his limo reportedly exploded with McMahon inside, shouldn't have come as a surprise.

The wrestling impresario challenged Kroenke to a steel-cage match during an interview on ESPN. He also questioned the owner's business acumen for scheduling two events simultaneously.

"Quite frankly, it's my view that Stan Kroenke should be arrested, should be arrested for impersonating a good businessman, because he's not a good businessman," McMahon told ESPN. "A good businessman doesn't book a World Wrestling Federation live televised event on Monday night realizing that his team in all likelihood would not make the playoffs."   

"They tend to blame everyone but themselves. They have to look at themselves and say what have we done wrong here and not start blaming other people. Just be a man stand up and say, 'I've got it wrong. How can we put it right?' "

JEEEZUZ!  :kasper:

Thats rich coming from freddy Shepherd. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/19/newcastle-united-offer-mike-ashley

Investors line up £140m offer for Newcastle• Multimillionaires are ready to buy out Mike Ashley

• Bid is dependent on club staying in Premier League

The Guardian, Tuesday 19 May 2009 Article history

Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, may finally be able to sell the club to a rich consortium if they beat the drop this weekend.

Newcastle United could play themselves out of a £140m takeover if they are demoted from the Premier League this weekend. A consortium made up of multi-millionaires from the United States and the Middle East wants to buy out the club's unpopular owner, Mike Ashley, but only if Newcastle pull off a last-day escape from relegation.

The consortium has been taking advice from the football powerbroker Chris Nathaniel     :dowie:  about a deal that would potentially make Newcastle the latest Premier League club to fall under foreign ownership. The men behind the takeover, including two NBA owners, have been putting together a potential deal for the last few months and are led to believe that Ashley is willing to sell even though he took the club off the market at the end of December.

The prospective buyers are waiting to see whether Newcastle can climb out of the relegation zone at Aston Villa on Sunday before deciding their best strategy. Newcastle's valuation would plummet if they were to fall into the Championship but the businessmen involved in the proposed deal see little mileage in taking on a club that is not involved in the Premier League. As such, they will automatically turn their attentions elsewhere if the results go against Alan Shearer's side and Newcastle's 16-year spell in the highest tier of English football comes to an end.

If Newcastle escape the drop, Ashley will be given the opportunity to end his controversial and occasionally acrimonious two-year spell in control at St James' Park, having initially put the club up for sale last September because of a series of protests and demonstrations following Kevin Keegan's departure as manager.

Ashley, who bought the club for £134m and has spent another £100m on the club, was blamed at the time for not allowing Keegan to have control of the club's transfer policy and claimed he was unable to continue watching the team due to fears for the safety of his family. "I'm now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game because I am advised that we would be assaulted," he said.

The asking price was initially set at around £400m but that has been shown up as unreasonable in the present economic climate. Ashley has returned to watching games, having been unable to find a buyer despite appointing a team of advisers to market the club's availability as well as making his own trips to the Middle East to try to drum up interest. Freddy Shepherd, the club's former owner, has reputedly been exploring the possibilities of putting together a consortium and there has also been interest from Nigeria and South Africa. However, Newcastle have found attracting new buyers almost as difficult as Shearer has found it to turn around the team's fortunes on the pitch.

The club is in the third relegation spot going into the final weekend of the league season and Shearer has won only once since taking over from Joe Kinnear as interim manager at the start of April. The 1-0 home defeat by Fulham on Saturday leaves them one point behind 17th-placed Hull City, who face Manchester United at the KC Stadium on Sunday, meaning Newcastle will be relegated if they lose at Villa Park. Newcastle have appealed against the red card shown to Sébastien Bassong against Fulham and will learn today from the Football Association whether the defender will be available.

A victory, or even draw, might be good enough to save Shearer's side but their chances of a dramatic late escape have also been undermined by Sir Alex Ferguson's insistence that he is entitled to play a weakened side against Hull, resting key players such as Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo for the Champions League final against Barcelona at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome three days later.

While Ferguson is acutely aware it will open himself to allegations of favouring Hull, the United manager said last night he had to think selfishly. "I've got a fantastic squad. I could pick two teams and the team I will pick on Sunday will reflect that." Ben Amos, the club's fourth-choice goalkeeper, could be promoted to make his league debut.

Think of Willie McKay, Kenneth, Souness etc....

If Shepherd EVER returned as Chairman or - heaven forbid - owner, I would NEVER step into SJP again, and that is for CERTAIN.

If Shepherd EVER returned as Chairman or - heaven forbid - owner, I would NEVER step into SJP again, and that is for CERTAIN.

because the would the club would shrivel up and die with him running it?

can't see how you can say that man, i just can't - hate FS myself for being the mouthy buffoon he is but the club is number one, not the person running it

then again i presume you mean never set foot in SJP while he's in charge rather than never again?

Guest Magpiecn

I hated Shepherd very much before.But after F*ck Fat Mark Ashley came, I find i still dont like Shepherd,but not hate him so much any more.No matter which rich men buy us in the future,Newcastle wont worse than the situation we are .

"They tend to blame everyone but themselves. They have to look at themselves and say what have we done wrong here and not start blaming other people. Just be a man stand up and say, 'I've got it wrong. How can we put it right?' "

Absolutely. The longer Freddie stayed in the job, the worse he became, and the prime reason was he would never learn. Whenever something went wrong, it would be someone else's fault and the solution was always to acquire more power for himself.

Absolutely. The longer Freddie stayed in the job, the worse he became, and the prime reason was he would never learn. Whenever something went wrong, it would be someone else's fault and the solution was always to acquire more power for himself.

To me with the appointment of Allardyce and the admittance for a more prudent approach showed that he had realised his past mistakes.

That happened after 3-4 years of continuous cock ups.

If we're saying that, you could say that by appointing Shearer and sacking Wise, that Ashley has went for "a more prudent approach and has realised his past mistakes".

I thought the whole idea though of the DOF system was for us to have a more prudent approach? So no you couldn't really.

To me with the appointment of Allardyce and the admittance for a more prudent approach showed that he had realised his past mistakes.

Yes, I always saw it as a kind of final act of redemption. He'd finally learnt from his mistakes and, with death approaching, he chose to walk towards the light. Well done him.

Thing is, he wasn't supposed to come back, the fucking zombie.

Sorry I don't get that. Are you suggesting Ashley would have been better off keeping a DoF?

No I'm not. But once again you're just being contrary for the sake of it. You know fine well the reason Ashley brought in that system was so we could buy younger players for cheaper fees and cheaper wages in the past. But then again I'll leave it for now as you will no doubt contradict this post too.

Sorry I don't get that. Are you suggesting Ashley would have been better off keeping a DoF?

No I'm not. But once again you're just being contrary for the sake of it. You know fine well the reason Ashley brought in that system was so we could buy younger players for cheaper fees and cheaper wages in the past. But then again I'll leave it for now as you will no doubt contradict this post too.

Eh? How the f*ck am I the one being contrary here?

You made an argument saying that Shepherd had changed his ways towards the end so had admitted his mistakes which I agree with. All I did was put an argument forward that by getting rid of a system that has f*cked us up, and brought in someone else and got rid of the main cause of the problems that perhaps, just maybe, Ashley has done the same.

How can it be alright to accept one had learned from his mistakes, but not the other, even though both have made similar acts? If anything you're the one being contrary here.