First team squad for sale if we go down

TRon

In a sense I'm looking forward very much to Monday, firstly this damn nightmare of the season is over and secondly we'll be able to begin the job of overhauling this god awful set of players. Relegation will of course make it so much easier, but the club still has to get it right. It's no good replacing s***, underperforming, overpaid  players with players in the same mould. Whomever is our manager needs help in identifying the players that will do what this club has never done before and get us straight back up. The manager needs to be backed of course to do this. It's no good Ashley just cutting costs all oover the place because of the loss in revenue, we may need to make a substanial loss next year to have even a hope of getting back, it's not going to be easy though, that's for sure.

I am in a similar mood, I've started coming to terms with the fact we might be in the Championship next season and the one positive I will take out of it is that a mass clearout will mean I won't have to suffer watching this shower of s**** dragging our name through the mud any more. Hell I might even start enjoying football again. That is assuming Ashley either f***s off or lets Shearer rebuild properly.

feel the same! really really hope shearer stays on....if we go down and shearer leaves then we could have a problem!He must be the best suited for the job, i guess!

Better than Dave Bassett?

Whether we go down or not, major rebuilding is required. As such, the club should look to appoint their permanent manager within weeks if not days of the end of the season.

He needs as much time as he can get.

Absofuckinglutely. This is key, there is just so much work to do, there is no time for sitting back mauling things over, having a break, then finally making the decision on who will be the permenant manager some time in late June early July. But why do I get the impression that that's exactly what will happen ?

aye i want our team to be signed at the start of the season in time for the 1st game, none of this before the transfer window shuts s***, really players should be signed so that they start pre-season training, that gives you better preparation

no, no, no, don't you know it's haaaaaard to sign players these days?  it can only be done right before the window, apparently

If you were a Chairman of a club why would you sell a player a month before the window ends?

Guest dover

Were selling players if were relegated? :kasper: theres a headline grabber. Shite article, would be more appropriate to put entire squad up for sale if we survive. Because in truth not one of them is a top six premiership footballer - based on this seasons performance - not on reputations.

Starting at the back Harper isnt a patch on given and if im honest I dont think hes up to it anymore. Bassong and Taylor partnership has potential but is a long way from "tight", weve no left back cover, no right back cover, the midfield is the worst ive ever known, Butt, duff, smith and Nolan? ffs ive seen ships turn quicker. Owen and Viduka are already gone, Martins too inconsistent, and Shola is a championship player. Jonas has been desperatley disappointing after a promising start, guthrie ditto, and I ask you, honestly who the fuck do we REALLY need to keep?

Put the whole lot up for sale regardless of Sundays outcome and give Shearer the funds to build a team we can finally be proud of, we deserve something.

Whether we go down or not, major rebuilding is required. As such, the club should look to appoint their permanent manager within weeks if not days of the end of the season.

I have to agree he needs to act very quickly. Who ever is in charge next season needs as much time as possible to prepare for the new season, as the players we have now are not good enough to move the club forward. Or get the team promoted.

Hopefully by next weekend we will know who is going to be managing Newcastle united next season.

Absofuckinglutely. This is key, there is just so much work to do, there is no time for sitting back mauling things over, having a break, then finally making the decision on who will be the permenant manager some time in late June early July. But why do I get the impression that that's exactly what will happen ?

aye i want our team to be signed at the start of the season in time for the 1st game, none of this before the transfer window shuts s***, really players should be signed so that they start pre-season training, that gives you better preparation

no, no, no, don't you know it's haaaaaard to sign players these days?  it can only be done right before the window, apparently

If you were a Chairman of a club why would you sell a player a month before the window ends?

as opposed to selling him hours before it end and having that amount of time to find a replacement?  yep, that's logic for you

fact is the clubs willing to spend the money don't fuck about do they?  they sign the players at the value(s) asked or walk away if the value is too high and look at another target early doors

the teams looking for bargains are the ones who wait and look how that's turned out for us

as opposed to selling him hours before it end and having that amount of time to find a replacement?  yep, that's logic for you

fact is the clubs willing to spend the money don't f*** about do they?  they sign the players at the value(s) asked or walk away if the value is too high and look at another target early doors

Like Man U and Berbatov, how many weeks before the end of the window did he sign?

fact is the clubs willing to spend the money don't f*** about do they?  they sign the players at the value(s) asked or walk away if the value is too high and look at another target early doors

Like Man U and Berbatov, how many weeks before the end of the window did he sign?

oh come on dude, you're not really comparing the situations are you?  when they NEED a player, i.e. have a gaping hole in their squad they don't wait until the last day of the window to sign him

man u held the power in the berbatov deal 'cause they DIDN'T need him as they'd just pissed the league and hadn't lost any players - all parties knew this including berbatov & ferguson but spurs had to sell as he was going to be a disruptive force in the squad when not given his move

we, on the other hand, have massive holes all over our squad that can be filled by vast numbers of players better than we have already - the first asking price too high?  move on and get the next guy in for pre-season

or wait until the end of the window again, yeah lets have a shit/empty squad again 'cause man u paid a fortune for berbatov near the end of the window, THIS must be the secret to their success

we, on the other hand, have massive holes all over our squad that can be filled by vast numbers of players better than we have already - the first asking price too high?  move on and get the next guy in for pre-season

Deja Vu?  Isn't this what Keegan was trying to tell the owner this time last year and we ended up with three 'left wingers', no right winger, no cover for either full back and a striker we didn't need. 

I hope that if Shearer does stay on he doesn't get shafted in the transfer market by the owner and told to use what he's got left to try and bring us back up next year.

If we keep the academy lads, guthrie, enrique, beye, bassong, R. Taylor (useful for championship, maybe) and sell the crap we can do fine in the championship, with a little investment at right wing, center mid, left wing and striker (to save us from shola) :)

GK: Krul, Forster

Defenders: Taylor, R.Taylor beye bassong edgar tozer Kadar Enrique

Midfielders: Guthrie, Vukic, LuaLua, Nolan (stuck here prob) (very short here)

Strikers: Carrol, Xisco, Shola, Ranger

oh come on dude, you're not really comparing the situations are you?  when they NEED a player, i.e. have a gaping hole in their squad they don't wait until the last day of the window to sign him

man u held the power in the berbatov deal 'cause they DIDN'T need him as they'd just pissed the league and hadn't lost any players - all parties knew this including berbatov & ferguson but spurs had to sell as he was going to be a disruptive force in the squad when not given his move

or wait until the end of the window again, yeah lets have a s***/empty squad again 'cause man u paid a fortune for berbatov near the end of the window, THIS must be the secret to their success

All chairmen hold out till the last minute, it makes business sense.

Why do you think there's so many transfers at the end of the window? Coincidence? Laziness? Hah.

or wait until the end of the window again, yeah lets have a s***/empty squad again 'cause man u paid a fortune for berbatov near the end of the window, THIS must be the secret to their success

Why do you think there's so many transfers at the end of the window? Coincidence? Laziness? Hah.

no, no they don't man

plenty of deals take place well before the window, i'd easy say 50%+, they just don't make the headlines on super sky sports - wouldn't mind seeing stats on the number of deals done personally

again, pay your money you get your player; we're in the shit 'cause we did neither and allowed the system to fuck us a number of times...time to work the system not let the system work us is what i'm saying

no, no they don't man

plenty of deals take place well before the window, i'd easy say 50%+, they just don't make the headlines on super sky sports - wouldn't mind seeing stats on the number of deals done personally

again, pay your money you get your player; we're in the shit 'cause we did neither and allowed the system to fuck us a number of times...time to work the system not let the system work us is what i'm saying

Its all well doing the "hold out till the last minute, it makes business sense" when your looking to buy Berbatov to add to Rooney,Ronaldo,Tevez etc, but when like us you get to the last day needing players to go right into the 1st team its just stupid and theres no money to be saved as clubs know how desperate you are

no, no they don't man

Its all well doing the "hold out till the last minute, it makes business sense" when your looking to buy Berbatov to add to Rooney,Ronaldo,Tevez etc, but when like us you get to the last day needing players to go right into the 1st team its just stupid and theres no money to be saved as clubs know how desperate you are

wow, you made sense!

imagine that