Frog w(h)ingers

Mowen
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robert, in a lesser team, scored more goals and created more. He basically transformed an average team into a good one with his magnificent productivity

Like what Ginola did with Spurs, really. :angel:

not really

Ginola's goal record and productivity dont even compare to Robert's man, honestly, how can you people have such short memories?

Using the same logic, would you say that Lampard is a better midfielder than Xavi?

Ginola's goal record and productivity dont even compare to Robert's man, honestly, how can you people have such short memories?

Using the same logic, would you say that Lampard is a better midfielder than Xavi?

i liked ginola more as a player & think he had a better all round game but robert was one of the most direct wingers i've seen play - it's like he had 2 gears, stop and attack the fuck out of them

i was probably one who underrated robert looking back, thought he didn't work hard enough - well we got damien duff to replace him and he works hard apparently :dowie:

I'd certainly rather have Lampard in my team tbh

would depend on the team surely?  who they'd be playing with

Hmm...it's your opinion  :-X

Let's take this further then. Would you say that Lampard has been a better midfielder for Chelsea than Zinedine Zidane was for Madrid, given that Lampard for Chelsea has double the goals and assists Zidane has in the same number of games for Madrid?

Let's take this further then. Would you say that Lampard has been a better midfielder for Chelsea than Zinedine Zidane was for Madrid, given that Lampard for Chelsea has double the goals and assists Zidane has in the same number of games for Madrid?

personally don't agree he'd perform in any team either - xavi for spain compared to lampard for england as the most obvious example

xavi's a player who dictates the way a game is played, lampard is not although he does have other strengths of course

Zidane is an exception, he's down as one of the best players of all time

With wingers it's different though, they're judged soely on what they can create in the final third.

personally don't agree he'd perform in any team either - xavi for spain compared to lampard for england as the most obvious example

xavi's a player who dictates the way a game is played, lampard is not although he does have other strengths of course

Not just disagreeing for the sake of it mate but I've rarely seen Lampard on a pitch this season without him bossing the game tbh

Not just disagreeing for the sake of it mate but I've rarely seen Lampard on a pitch this season without him bossing the game tbh

i've just not seen it myself dude, never have with lampard tbh - he's a great midfielder don't get me wrong but basically i would say the international stage is the hardest to perform on and he simply doesn't do that

both xavi & lampard play in great teams that have been constructed around their respective strengths - this can't be done at international level and xavi is the one who excels imo

both quality though

Robert. Or in other words, for us, Robert is preferred.  For teams like Barca Ginola is preferred because they require players to have high level of performance consistently while for us we need a winger who can finish off any opponents in the world.  In this sense Robert's hit and miss magic is what we need most, and it's proven during his era in Newcastle.  Still remember his sting of magic during Souness time?  It's purely unbelievable.

Personally I think it's very difficult to say which one is better.  Too close for me.  Just that in the end of the day Robert fits us better.

In another life Robert would have made one hell of a striker, his finishing was absolutely clinical

He was lethal in front of goal, with our current lot of midfiielders who couldn't score in an empty net, that's not something that should be under-valued.

In another life Robert would have made one hell of a striker, his finishing was absolutely clinical

Always wondered whether our title challenge that 2001-2 season might have kept going a bit longer had Robson went with Robert alongside Shearer rather than Cort for that run of games after the Sunderland match when Bellamy got injured.

Guest firetotheworks

Robert, in a lesser team, scored more goals and created more. He basically transformed an average team into a good one with his magnificent productivity

Like what Ginola did with Spurs, really. :angel:

not really

Explain...

Even with Ginola, Spurs were still a mid-table club who flirted with relegation along with us in the 1997/8 season, whereas along with Bellamy, Robert was one of the main factors in transforming us from a mid-table side, to a side capable of pushing Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool.

Zog shouldn't be anywhere near this list. Anyway my vote goes to Ginola - obscenely talented footballer, Robert could only dream of doing some of the stuff Ginola did & could never destroy a full back like Ginola could.

Don't get me wrong; Robert was fantastic for us but he was also selfish. Daveeed was pure class.