Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colo and Barton should of both been diciplined internally. I realise this is coming from someone who wasn't caught up in the heat of the moment but at the same time it was completely unecessary and puts in a position of having two fit senior centre backs. We've already had our woeful squad depth exposed once this season without the need of risking it again.

Guest neesy111

Colo and Barton should of both been diciplined internally. I realise this is coming from someone who wasn't caught up in the heat of the moment but at the same time it was completely unecessary and puts in a position of having two fit senior centre backs. We've already had our woeful squad depth exposed once this season without the need of risking it again.

Agreed, I would of fined them both two weeks wages.

In a weird way I can understand Barton's little bit more than Coloccini's the game was lost when he elbowed him it made no sense.

Barton punched someone without provocation for a laugh, mate.

Punching someone in the chest is nowhere near as cowardly an act as elbowing them in the face as the run alongside you. :lol:

In a weird way I can understand Barton's little bit more than Coloccini's the game was lost when he elbowed him it made no sense.

Punching someone in the chest is nowhere near as cowardly an act as elbowing them in the face as the run alongside you. :lol:

Eh? That has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to what i've just said.

It's about as relevant as your comment in response to what Nixon said. ???

It just shows the world that your opponent got the better of you.  Elmander wins the battle and Coloccini lashes out to get his own back, it's stupid.

Too right. But it's hardly less understandable that punching someone without provoacation when the play is stopped.

It just shows the world that your opponent got the better of you.  Elmander wins the battle and Coloccini lashes out to get his own back, it's stupid.

Too right. But it's hardly less understandable that punching someone without provoacation when the play is stopped.

I was just talking generally really, not comparing to Barton's.  Although Coloccini's wasn't any more provoked than Barton's was it?  Both lost their heads when we were struggling in both games.

Which is easier to understand, seriously? 'Understandable' is the word he used.

We all know why Coloccini elbowed Elmander, his opponent got the better of him and he cowardly lashed out to avoid being beaten again. None of us have a clue why Barton decided to punch MGP. It could have been boredom, for all we know.

Which is easier to understand, seriously? 'Understandable' is the word he used.

We all know why Coloccini elbowed Elmander, his opponent got the bet of him and he cowardly lashed out to avoid being beaten again. None of us have a clue why Barton decided to punch MGP. It could have been boredom, for all we know.

I think it was pretty obvious why Barton lashed out tbh, not that it was an acceptable excuse.  It was heat of the moment stuff, whereas Coloccini's was clearly pre-meditated idiocy.  That for me makes Barton's at least more understandable.

Heat of the moment stuff? :lol: It was 1-1 and MGP wasn't running at him with the ball.

Terrible excuse for a wind-up.

No, as you know I mean when he knocked into him. Clearly a massive over reaction and fucking stupid, but heat of the moment. I don't think there's any doubt about that being the reason he punched him tbh. But then as I say, you know that.

I think the heat of the moment arguement applies far, far more to Colo's case.

He wasn't the only one of our lot who should/could have been sent off yesterday. The entire team we're losing their heads. Coloccini was just stupid enough to do it 3 feet from the linesman.

he was provoked, shoulder barged for no reason and also pederson was winding players up all night.

You could say the same about Coloccini - "provoked" by Elmander giving him the runaround all afternoon.

In the real world, there is absolutely no justification for either of them and both of them have let NUFC and the manager down big time.