Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Argentine defender Colo loves life with Newcastle United and, following the departure of Kevin Nolan, the Chronicle can reveal that the £10m defender is one of Pardew’s candidates to captain the Magpies next term – a job which he carried out to good effect last season, notably when he powered home a dramatic late equaliser against Wigan."

Surely he is the only candidate.

Guest neesy111

He'll be on 150k a week by the time he leaves.

Even thought about that he gets percentage rise in his wages, quite a few players have them you know.  He started here on 80k so now being on 90k is not beyond being actually believable.

How good is his English these days?

I can imagine him having a conversation with the ref:

Colo "Hey, why is penilty?"

Ref "You cut him right down Colo, it's a stonewall"

Colo "jejejeje, yes i know the macarena"

:lol: :thup:

Even thought about that he gets percentage rise in his wages, quite a few players have them you know.  He started here on 80k so now being on 90k is not beyond being actually believable.

Well done , you play football manager. Who said he started on 80k btw?

Guest neesy111

Erm no i don't but how do assume Owen ended up on 133k a week here?  The press have constantly said he's on between 75k-85k for the last 3 years.

Wage rises on FM are for young players  O0

it's a good thing that Colo's on 80k a week because it means other clubs sniffing around won't be able to afford him. Pards will be chuffed about that and hopefully he'll get the armband this season.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7006189,00.html

Fabricio Coloccini has re-iterated his commitment to Newcastle.

The Argentinian defender, signed from Deportivo La Coruna in 2008, had been linked with a return to Spain with Sevilla.

But the 29-year-old, who still has two years on his contract, insists he has no intention of leaving St James' Park this summer.

"Now it is about the future at Newcastle and working towards next season," he said.

"Our first aim was to be safe last season and we achieved it. Next season we will look to move up the table again."

Although Newcastle suffered relegation in his first season on Tyneside, Coloccini helped them win promotion back into the Premier League before finishing 12th last season.

And having got to grips with the top flight again, the centre-half is confident the Magpies can re-establish themselves as a top-half team.

Togetherness

"We work well together as a team and I think that showed when it mattered last season," added Coloccini, who has been left out of Argentina's Copa America squad.

"Hopefully we can get better results at home, win more matches than last year and climb up the table.

"I am happy at Newcastle and when I hear the fans singing my name it gives me a special feeling."

Bob Moncur: “I think Coloccini is almost perfect for the role because of the way he plays – he leads by example from the back.

When he first arrived he was roughed up a bit by Premier League strikers, but playing in the Championship appeared to give him the confidence he played with while over in Spain. Last season we really stood up and took notice of him.”

http://bit.ly/jziydq