Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's never been slow, he just rarely used his pace correctly in his first season. The most fundamental thing he got wrong time and again was marking. The times he would be right up the arse of an attacker - it just didn't work. He got skinned with alarming regularity in that first year.

So we should bump a thread every time a player makes a mistake? Dave would a loan to secure the space for Shola's thread alone, man.

As for Colo, poor the goal but I liked the fact he was kicking and hitting folk tonight. :thup:

Jointly at fault for Roberts' goal (slightly more so IMO), yet his thread has gone unbumped. Peculiar.

misjudged the flight of the ball alright but both him and willo were to blame, neither dealt with it well, doesn't change the fact he's still having a good season, even the best defenders around make a mistake occasionally

You have a way of stating opinion with enough conviction that you believe it to be fact Ronaldo, but that doesn't make it so.

I will go as far to say he's been an outstanding performer this season. He's lead the way in passing it out of defence instead of hoofing/surrendering position to the opposition which is a rare quality in this league. His general defensive play/reading of the game has been very good too.

Williamson hasn't made a catalogue of howlers, yet his thread received a fair bit of attention. Similarly, Tiote - who has arguably had a better season than even Colo - made a mistake and has had hearty commiserations over an error which lead to a goal in his thread.

So, to me, it is peculiar that Colo's thread was left unblemished by tonight.

Williamson was more at fault, to be fair. The first ball was a forgivable one to lose out on, the second one was a straight-on challenge.

Rare mistake from both of them, sure they'll come through it.

Yep. Colo's mistake was letting the ball bounce. He didnt get turned by Roberts because Roberts never had control of the ball. This s*** happens from time to time. It was a minor error that in normal circumstances wouldn't have lead to a goal.

Aye and Williamson's mistake was letting Roberts elbow him in the chest, the f***ing s*** defender that he is.

If it was an elbow that felled Williamson then surely he's not to blame, and instead the ref is for not spotting it. Either way, Colo's minor error (letting the ball drop) would normally never be punished by a goal. I'm not sure about why Williamson went down so easily but that's irrelevant in this thread.

It wasn't Colo's only error last night. There was a time when kalinic had him one on one and he decided to go to ground and slide him and was lucky to get away with it, with the covering defender (can't remember who it was)

So, it's not an error. It's something you want him to do differently.

FFS, no need to pay semantics. If it is generally accepted that a certain style or technique of defending is better and more effective, and a player does the opposite, then it is an error.

Worse than Boumsong!

Guttless, talentless, clueless mop-haired fuckwit! Here's hoping i'll never have to see him polute one of our team shirts again.

just looked at the OP here :lol:

:lol:

"Joke Enrique" was another forum classic iirc.

Worse than Boumsong!

Guttless, talentless, clueless mop-haired fuckwit! Here's hoping i'll never have to see him polute one of our team shirts again.

just looked at the OP here :lol:

:lol:

"Joke Enrique" was another forum classic iirc.

Thankfully Coloccini has proven me wrong and I am happy to retract and apologise for the above comment.

I'm pretty sure it was said during or just after a match when I was almost certainly pissed and probably quite angry