Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

For someone who started the season as 4th choice and is still 3rd choice now then 5 goals is a half decent return tbf despite his glaring flaws.

5 goals is excellent considering how shit he is!

Same as Shola.  :lol:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/04/25/alan-pardew-receives-his-transfer-budget-61634-28577762/

Pardew claimed in February he had been told the entire £35m received from Liverpool for Andy Carroll would be reinvested in the team, although not just in transfer fees. Strikers will be high on his shopping list, but Peter Løvenkrands served a reminder of his value with his sixth goal this season. “I keep telling Peter he needs to shoot more, and he’s shown with his goal exactly why he should,” said Pardew. “He’s so honest at times he looks to set other people up rather than taking a bit of a gamble himself.

“When he’s in the side, you know you can play four midfield players against a side playing a different system because of his work-rate.

“It was only because of the effort he put in against Manchester United that he got substituted. Even if new players come in, I know Peter will still be pushing for a place in the team. He’s a fantastic character and we’re very lucky to have him.”

Hmm.

Wouldn't read a great deal into that quote but if the 'Hmm' is directed towards the fact he'll still be at the club next year, then it's a bit daft imo. I'm perfectly happy having him as fourth or fifth choice next year. I'd rather have him occupying a squad number than no one.

Tbh all that says to me is that Pardew hasn't got any significant plans for him next season, which is good news. His goal return this year has, if nothing else, proven that some of the criticism he gets is way over the top.

Guest BooBoo

Standard media speak to boost confidence in one of your remaining fit strikers for the final stretch.

Yep, meaningless guff.

Lovenkrands will hopefully be way down the pecking order next year. Ideally we'll have a pool of strikers along the lines of:

1. New signing

2. New signing

3. Best

4. Shola

5. Lovenkrands

Guest WashyGeordie

Standard media speak to boost confidence in one of your remaining fit strikers for the final stretch.

Yep, meaningless guff.

Lovenkrands will hopefully be way down the pecking order next year. Ideally we'll have a pool of strikers along the lines of:

1. Best

2. Shola

3. Lovenkrands

4. Nile Ranger

5. Xisco "Hes like a new signing"

Fixed.

I think they will give him one more year contract. He is playing first team football for about 3 month now you just can not let go this kind of player it is better to loan Ranger out and Keep Lovenkrands at least until January.

1. New Top Striker

2. Best

3. Shola

4. Loven

If we can find funds I will add another good striker and push the pecking order one down. Mind you still we need Loven since Best and Shola are so much injury prone.  

I think they will give him one more year contract. He is playing first team football for about 3 month now you just can not let go this kind of player it is better to loan Ranger out and Keep Lovenkrands at least until January.

1. New Top Striker

2. Best

3. Shola

4. Loven

If we can find funds I will add another good striker and push the pecking order one down. Mind you still we need Loven since Best and Shola are so much injury prone. 

His contract already lasts next season.

Would panic if he was still here after that.

Does my head in that folk would be happy to have a 31-year-old has-been/never-was instead of a younger player with a bit of potential who'll also defend from the front instead of doing a disappearing act.

And before anyone gives me any crap about Nile, there's got to be a couple of dozen youngish strikers in The Championship with far, far better technique and finishing abilities than Ranger. We got Leon Best for £2m or less and he's the best of our current bunch.

Guest Heneage

If only there was a Bellamyesque signing to follow this summer like 10 years ago.

..strikers in The Championship with far, far better technique and finishing abilities than Ranger.

:bluestar:

Guest toonlass

Does my head in that folk would be happy to have a 31-year-old has-been/never-was instead of a younger player with a bit of potential who'll also defend from the front instead of doing a disappearing act.

And before anyone gives me any crap about Nile, there's got to be a couple of dozen youngish strikers in The Championship with far, far better technique and finishing abilities than Ranger. We got Leon Best for £2m or less and he's the best of our current bunch.

If we had a fit young striker who could score goals then I would agree with you. Who else do we have? Are you suggesting starting Airey instead of Lovenkrands?

If we had a fit young striker who could score goals then I would agree with you. Who else do we have? Are you suggesting starting Airey instead of Lovenkrands?

Pretty obvious I was talking about next season.

Guest toonlass

Pretty obvious I was talking about next season.

Was it?

I think most fans would expect at least one striker to be brought in during the summer. Lovenkrands is a squad player, nothing else.