Championship stats; this is what we'll need

Dave

Just mentioned it elsewhere but I reckon Matt Derbyshire would be worth a punt if he doesn't permanently go to Olympiakos. Big Sam doesn't fancy him by the looks of it and he's got a bit about him. Obviously this is dependant on a premiership club not being interested, but I don't know if he'd be a starter anywhere.

Agree. 100%.

I fear that ship has sailed.

He is the sort I could see a lot of lower prem teams going for this summer after his exploits in Greece. Besides I'm pretty sure Olympiakos will be looking to sign him also.

Got no idea how he's done in Greece I have to say, but he'll have learnt a lot even if he hasn't scored. I reckon being the main striker at Newcastle would be tough to turn down if the alternative is to be a bit part player at a lower prem team. Depends who has their sights set on him and how they plan to use him I guess.

Jermaine Beckford from Leeds has been transfer listed. Decent buy?

I think he would score goals in the championship.

However, I think Leeds will ask a silly price for him and also not sure if he is the sort of character Shearer would want to rely on as a main striker, as he is quite pratish.

Jermaine Beckford from Leeds has been transfer listed. Decent buy?

I think he would score goals in the championship.

However, I think Leeds will ask a silly price for him and also not sure if he is the sort of character Shearer would want to rely on as a main striker, as he is quite pratish.

Well they've transfer listed him because he failed to sign a new deal. Obviously they'll want whatever they can take now rather than let him go free when his contract runs out.

I don't know, might be worth a shot. Can't be worse than Shola  :kinnear:

Derbyshire would be a great signing in the Championship but I doubt he would need to drop down a division. He would easily get 20+ imo. He's a finisher but we will need a right winger. I am quite confident Duff will be productive if we keep him. I actually think Carroll will get a fair share of goals if he is one of our main 4 strikers.

If the club read the message board and my posts, they would have known to buy some of these lot before - to fill up the squad with hungry and skillful players who wouldn't cost too much, and if we got relegated, these said hungry players would then know they would be charged to getting us back up and being the core of the squad. 

Should have listened to me.

We should bust a gut and get Ross McCormack he's scored a lot of goals in average Cardiff side, my mates a Cardiff fan and says he has made a lot of goals for himself.

He works pretty hard as well. Very busy and committed. I don't think he'll ever make a decent Premership player but he is a very good Championship player which is what we need at the moment.

As long as we have the funds to do so we should bully some of the smaller Championship teams, even given our recent history surely you would prefer to play for Newcastle rather than Scunthorpe or Peterborough - not that I know any players from those teams that are worth signing.

Stephen Hunt/Kevin Doyle would be a good start!

Cant see him come here.He had said many times last season that he's a player to play in PL.

In that case someone should tell him he sort of isn't good enough.