Ashley statement

Optimistic Nut

It's worth mentioning for every person tripping over themselves to defend Ashley there's another lining up to take a shot at him. Opions generally seem to favour either extreme rather than sit in the middle of the two.

"Taking a shot at him", given that he's just got us relegated for only the fifth time in our history, should be the most liberal position as far as I'm concerned, with the other extreme being hoying the f***ing arsehole off the top of the keep. I am somewhere in between those two but only because I couldn't haul his obese form up the stairs.

I'll give you a hand Wullie, you can try one of you over head kicks on him.

It's worth mentioning for every person tripping over themselves to defend Ashley there's another lining up to take a shot at him. Opions generally seem to favour either extreme rather than sit in the middle of the two.

"Taking a shot at him", given that he's just got us relegated for only the fifth time in our history, should be the most liberal position as far as I'm concerned, with the other extreme being hoying the f***ing arsehole off the top of the keep. I am somewhere in between those two but only because I couldn't haul his obese form up the stairs.

I'll give you a hand Wullie, you can try one of you over head kicks on him.

I'd only miss again. :(

Re: Ashley's apology.

I'm taking it with a pinch of salt after seeing this ignorant/aloof c***'s smile - as caught on camera on matchdays - on too many occasions amidst the heat of the relegation slide, and it wasn't a battle on our part going by our board's efforts - or lack of - in the January transfer window & the team's on-field display's down the stretch.

How anyone display such level aloofness, and it bordered on 'i don't give a f***' status imo - beggars beyond belief. Following weeks of the aforementioned aloofness, all eminated from his protective viewing sanctuary away from the blood & guts supporters, he delivers a heartfelt apology etc.

Another PR stunt, from a walking PR Gimick...................... to go along with a lengthy list under his watch ie. the 'King Kev' replica, and a few of his previous press releases when many branded him a breath of fresh air - most notably his 'i stand at the head of the Toon Army' proclaimation which was delivered around the time when Allardyce was sacked.

As big a walking waste of space this club has ever seen.

Empty statement. 

They've said they made mistakes before and still done nothing about it.

He is a cost cutting cock stick, thats all he is, nothing will change with this bellend at the club mark my words.

And i'm not saying lets go out and buy KAKA before some dickweed pipes up.

Watch this space.

Probably the most relevant statement posted in this thread.

I fully accept that mistakes were made during this and previous seasons and I am very sorry for that.

Lets analyse this apology of a statement a bit then.

1) "mistakes were made". Notice it's not "I made mistakes" or "we made mistakes", just that mistakes were made. No admission of blame there. Thank goodness he's noticed something's gone wrong though!

2) "during this and previous seasons". Still blaming the old board two years after they ceased to have any influence on matters. At least he's consistent.

3) Most importantly, what mistakes does he think were made? There's nothing in this statement to give a clue as to what he thinks the mistakes were. Everyone seems to assume he thinks the mistakes that were made are the same ones we think were made (and not all of us agree on what they were). Maybe he thinks the mistakes made were simply not making a bit of money on Owen last Summer and spending too much on Loloccini and Xisco, he could have just got a cheaper defender and given Ameobi a new contract earlier instead? Maybe it's just that he wishes he'd sold the club for the amounts he got offered off the various potential buyers last year? I don't see how you can start believing things are going to change for the better when you don't even know what he believes the mistakes made were.

This apology is as bland and non-committal as it could be. Good PR, but nothing more. Absolutely nothing to pin any hopes on that the right lessons have been learned.

So the old board have nothing to do with the problems we've got now?  Very myopic view.

Though true. Obviously.