Ashley statement

Optimistic Nut

FFS, What do you expect him to say....?

Okay, the guys made mistakes, he's admitted that and he says he's in talks with Alan with regard to taking the club forward, what more do you want him to do at this stage?

Don't think anyone is saying anything other than fair play to him. I'm one of his biggest crtics but I think that's a pretty good statement and it took a lot of bottle. We don't need more uncertainty with the ownership of the club right now. We need stability, if a takeover takes place I hope to god it's fast and slient.

The mian thing he needed to do first of all was to sort out the management of the club and again fair play to him, he's begun doing that just 48 hrs after the season ended. If by the end of the week he's secured Shearer as manager then he should be congratulated, his next task is to let Shearer get on with it and back the man to the hilt.

means nowt if not backed up with the required actions.

Okay, the guys made mistakes, he's admitted that and he says he's in talks with Alan with regard to taking the club forward, what more do you want him to do at this stage?

Don't think anyone is saying anything other than fair play to him. I'm one of his biggest crtics but I think that's a pretty good statement and it took a lot of bottle. We don't need more uncertainty with the ownership of the club right now. We need stability, if a takeover takes place I hope to god it's fast and slient.

The mian thing he needed to do first of all was to sort out the management of the club and again fair play to him, he's begun doing that just 48 hrs after the season ended. If by the end of the week he's secured Shearer as manager then he should be congratulated, his next task is to let Shearer get on with it and back the man to the hilt.

Spot on, all of that.

Of course this mess has all occured under his tenure and he's got a long, long way to go before it's even close to being fixed, but it's a start.

Welldone to him for actually making some kind of sound towards us finally.

If the guy actually spoke like this more & kept people in touch with what hes thinking there would be far far less hate towards him.

He's not the only one who should be apologising. He's trying to draw a line under the past and move forward, which is a good thing to do, but it all sounds a bit grovelly.

I hope he's pretty close to getting an agreement with Shearer, because otherwise his last sentence is really going to backfire on him.

This is why our relegation is even more tragic. I think that when Mike Ashley appointed Shearer he had finally learned his lesson about putting his trusting in the wrong people. I think he would have fully backed Shearer next season whatever league we were in. I'd obviously have preferred this overhaul to have started in the Premiership. I expect Shearer to get what he wants in the negotiations.

Sounds like it's by request of Shearer to me

"Mike - first thing you need to do is to apologise to the fans, then we'll move on"

That's a definite possibility, not thought of that.

As others point out, it must have been a positive meeting or the bit about moving forward will backfire on him spectacularly.

As we stand we have Ashley as owner, we have us the fans and hopefully we soon have Shearer the manager and a totally commited squad of players and backroom staff.

Unless we all put on a totally united front and that may require burying of hatchets all round, things will only get worse.

I'm pleased he has made some kind of statement. I hope he starts making much cleverer decisions from now on.

If this is his recovering alcoholic type admission of a problem and wish to put it right then I'll try and lend my support. Trouble is he has shown himself as a habitual liar and is liable to fall of the rails again at some point.

We now must wait and see what has been agreed.

"Mike - first thing you need to do is to apologise to the fans, then we'll move on"

That's a definite possibility, not thought of that.

As others point out, it must have been a positive meeting or the bit about moving forward will backfire on him spectacularly.

Indeed we had that crap from Lambias then today after a meeting with Al we get that from Ashley, I wonde rif Al added the last bit.

:lol:

if the big pow wow was today you'd have thought the situation regarding the manager may have been mentioned.

has anything been decided ?

when ashley is sorry mistakes could he also be saying sorry for mistakes made in todays meeting ?

is this meeting to be carried on tomorrow ?

if the big pow wow was today you'd have thought the situation regarding the manager may have been mentioned.

when ashley is sorry mistakes could he also be saying sorry for mistakes made in todays meeting ?

Don't, man. :lol:

Well done Ashley. I always like this guy I don't know why but no one will spend 250mil if he doesn't care about something. Just be realistic and think about it do you guys spend 1/3 of your wealth on something you don't like or something you don't take care of?

Granted mistakes have been made this season but our thirst for glory in the past decade push us to this disaster. Spending with out any realistic target put us to where we are now not just one reason. I hope he ties up Shearer in here and he comes with some figure head person like Kenny Dalglish with him.

Good on Ashley. Get Shearer signed and that's two things that he'll have done right in a row. Must be a record or something. Back him with some money and give him time then we can say that he's done his job - hopefully that'll be enough to fix the mess of the last two years.

Well done Ashley. I always like this guy I don't know why but no one will spend 250mil if he doesn't care about something. Just be realistic and think about it do you guys spend 1/3 of your wealth on something you don't like or something you don't take care of?

Aye you are right.  Thanks for everything Mike....

means nowt if not backed up with the required actions.

Isn't that what I just said ???????

This is actually what I thought staright off the bat, but if it is, it's a bloody good sign because it's showing that Shearer is pulling a lot of power in there and that can only be good news for us.

This is actually what I thought staright off the bat, but if it is, it's a bloody good sign because it's showing that Shearer is pulling a lot of power in there and that can only be good news for us.

:lol:

the guy is on a hiding to nothing

The last two paragraphs in the statement are telling, it's clearly aimed at securing Shearer as manager and talks are ongoing according what we see there.

I wouldn't have expected for one minute that Shearer will have gone in there today, Ashley would have made his offer and transfer budget, player cull etc and Shearer would have said yes on the spot. If nothing else he's going to show Ashley he got to be backed and hold out a day or two before making his decision. It make his position much stronger.

I think Ashley will follow the Shearer plan whatever that is and we'll end up with the situation we want by the end of the week. He'd been a complete fool if he didn't tbh and I think he knows that now.

Llambias said originally he hoped for news by the end of the week so I don't think there's anything sinister about it not being agreed today. We all hope Shearer is getting every little detail determined so that the Keegan debacle isn't repeated. If that takes a few days to iron out then so be it.