Ashley statement

Optimistic Nut

He can fuck off like. Means nothing to me.

Fair comment. It means nothing to any of us until there is action to back it up.

I think it's a start though.

I think people said that about the statement before the Liverpool game too. We'll give him another chance and all of the rest of it. Done us well did that.

Unless there's a buy out imminent what else can we do but hope lessons have been learnt? :undecided:

I don't see the point in hoping I really don't. I'm not going to back him just because nobody else will buy us.

Think the one gesture that chunk should make is 50 mil out of his own back pocket to turn us around and not have us scraping by with a crappy few million.

We need to scoop up the best talent from the championship and other leagues we can.

If we struggle next season he's going to be slapped like an old whore who had the cheek to ask for payment.

Fair comment. It means nothing to any of us until there is action to back it up.

I think people said that about the statement before the Liverpool game too. We'll give him another chance and all of the rest of it. Done us well did that.

Unless there's a buy out imminent what else can we do but hope lessons have been learnt? :undecided:

I don't see the point in hoping I really don't. I'm not going to back him just because nobody else will buy us.

I'm not sure anyone is backing him. Just saying that this could be the first tiny step on a long, long path back. Yeah of course I know he's made promises before and let us down.

Why did you go to games last season when you knew we were absolutely shit? Why did you cheer and chant for Newcastle United? Hope.

And until someone else buys the club, hope is all we have.

I'm not sure anyone is backing him. Just saying that this could be the first tiny step on a long, long path back. Yeah of course I know he's made promises before and let us down.

Why did you go to games last season when you knew we were absolutely shit? Why did you cheer and chant for Newcastle United? Hope.

Because I'd already paid for my season ticket.  :cheesy:

Because I'd already paid for my season ticket.  :cheesy:

Fucking knew you'd say that. :lol:

Empty statement. 

They've said they made mistakes before and still done nothing about it.

He is a cost cutting cock stick, thats all he is, nothing will change with this bellend at the club mark my words.

And i'm not saying lets go out and buy KAKA before some dickweed pipes up.

Watch this space.

I fully accept that mistakes were made during this and previous seasons and I am very sorry for that.

Lets analyse this apology of a statement a bit then.

1) "mistakes were made". Notice it's not "I made mistakes" or "we made mistakes", just that mistakes were made. No admission of blame there. Thank goodness he's noticed something's gone wrong though!

2) "during this and previous seasons". Still blaming the old board two years after they ceased to have any influence on matters. At least he's consistent.

3) Most importantly, what mistakes does he think were made? There's nothing in this statement to give a clue as to what he thinks the mistakes were. Everyone seems to assume he thinks the mistakes that were made are the same ones we think were made (and not all of us agree on what they were). Maybe he thinks the mistakes made were simply not making a bit of money on Owen last Summer and spending too much on Loloccini and Xisco, he could have just got a cheaper defender and given Ameobi a new contract earlier instead? Maybe it's just that he wishes he'd sold the club for the amounts he got offered off the various potential buyers last year? I don't see how you can start believing things are going to change for the better when you don't even know what he believes the mistakes made were.

This apology is as bland and non-committal as it could be. Good PR, but nothing more. Absolutely nothing to pin any hopes on that the right lessons have been learned.

It staggers me that people are falling for this guff yet again. The man's just got us relegated and people are still tripping over themselves to defend him. How far will he have to take us before sense prevails?

It staggers me that people are falling for this guff yet again. The man's just got us relegated and people are still tripping over themselves to defend him. How far will he have to take us before sense prevails?

Who's defending him?

Don't think it's that people want to defend him, most are just sick of no stability.

If a takeover comes about then fine he should fuck off but it needs to happen this week so we can plan for the new season but if that's bullshit we have no choice other than get behind the club as a whole if he plans to stay irrespective of what we feel about him.

I fully accept that mistakes were made during this and previous seasons and I am very sorry for that.

1) "mistakes were made". Notice it's not "I made mistakes" or "we made mistakes", just that mistakes were made. No admission of blame there. Thank goodness he's noticed something's gone wrong though!

2) "during this and previous seasons". Still blaming the old board two years after they ceased to have any influence on matters. At least he's consistent.

3) Most importantly, what mistakes does he think were made? There's nothing in this statement to give a clue as to what he thinks the mistakes were. Everyone seems to assume he thinks the mistakes that were made are the same ones we think were made (and not all of us agree on what they were). Maybe he thinks the mistakes made were simply not making a bit of money on Owen last Summer and spending too much on Loloccini and Xisco, he could have just got a cheaper defender and given Ameobi a new contract earlier instead? Maybe it's just that he wishes he'd sold the club for the amounts he got offered off the various potential buyers last year? I don't see how you can start believing things are going to change for the better when you don't even know what he believes the mistakes made were.

This apology is as bland and non-committal as it could be. Good PR, but nothing more. Absolutely nothing to pin any hopes on that the right lessons have been learned.

Point taken but given that he apologies it infers that at least some of those mistakes were his, otherwise he'd feel no need to say sorry.

Just to clarify by own position, his words are empty. He's shown himself incapable for 2 years, that's a lot of time to realise he's going wrong and change direction. He's still yet to do something inspiring, appointing Shearer is an obvious choice but hardly inspired thinking.

Who's defending him?

Come off it Dave you're crazy in love with Ashley and you know it!

:razz:

How does getting relegated count as stability? Some people have taken leave of their senses. :lol: My view is that we must get this poison out of the club as soon as possible before him and his mates take us down again.

How does getting relegated count as stability? Some people have taken leave of their senses. :lol: My view is that we must get this poison out of the club as soon as possible before him and his mates take us down again.

True and that's how I feel but like it or lump it if Ashley has no plans to sell we aren't going to drive him out so what does that leave us with?

The apology means little. If he had mentioned that the majority of the mistakes made were directly related to the fact that he attempted to run a football club in a completely ludicrous manner, that would be a starting point.

Spot on as per usual.

The apology means little. If he had mentioned that the majority of the mistakes made were directly related to the fact that he attempted to run a football club in a completely ludicrous manner, that would be a starting point.

I'd pay to see that. Possibly read out by Mr. T. :lol:

So the old board have nothing to do with the problems we've got now?  Very myopic view.

Guest diddimz

Thats what i was thinking, and scratching my head as to why everyone seemed so excited at the statement, its, 'keegan made a mistake walking out, combined with the old boards failings, has resulted in us getting relegated, im sorry you have had to experience this'

It's worth mentioning for every person tripping over themselves to defend Ashley there's another lining up to take a shot at him. Opions generally seem to favour either extreme rather than sit in the middle of the two.

It's worth mentioning for every person tripping over themselves to defend Ashley there's another lining up to take a shot at him. Opions generally seem to favour either extreme rather than sit in the middle of the two.

"Taking a shot at him", given that he's just got us relegated for only the fifth time in our history, should be the most liberal position as far as I'm concerned, with the other extreme being hoying the fucking arsehole off the top of the keep. I am somewhere in between those two but only because I couldn't haul his obese form up the stairs.