Ashley statement

Optimistic Nut

too f***ing late, can stick it!

He's not going anywhere though, it's his freakin club, he owns it. He's not begging you for the right to continue owning it. We are stuck with him, like it or not. If he's making genuine efforts to repair the damage he's caused then he deserves support. What we don't need is another bloody witch hunt like we had after KK left.

Everyone knows he's cocked up big time, the burden of blame lies squarely on him but lets move on and try to fix the club in a rational manner.

Very encouraged by that statement tbh. It does sound like Shearer has won all the assurances he needed. Better late than never I suppose.

Probably the same assurances KK, was getting this time last year.............

Very encouraged by that statement tbh. It does sound like Shearer has won all the assurances he needed. Better late than never I suppose.

I can't see Wise coming back tbh.

As we stand we have Ashley as owner, we have us the fans and hopefully we soon have Shearer the manager and a totally commited squad of players and backroom staff.

Unless we all put on a totally united front and that may require burying of hatchets all round, things will only get worse.

I'm pleased he has made some kind of statement. I hope he starts making much cleverer decisions from now on.

I agree with this. Whats been has been. We need to all stay United and help turn this club around again. Getting the fans 100% behind the club is the only way forward. We need to stop being bitter, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get behind our new team and Shearer as manager. It might take time, but we have to give it time.

I hate whats happened the past 2-5 years, but line in the sand time.

That's obviously the worry. The fact Wise/the DoF position went (and it was announced before Shearer's appointment) is still hugely significant though IMO.

Cut the ST prices a tad, fuck off the likes of Owen and the wasters, get a decent chairman like Mort back in who can actually deal with the PR side of the club properly and back the manager. Mike Ashley put his first foot forward in making amends when he fucked off Wise, he took the second step when he employed Shearer and now he just needs to continue.

I can't see Wise coming back tbh.

Things have been changing behind the scenes for some time now. I think the penny has finally dropped.

too f***ing late, can stick it!

He's not going anywhere though, it's his freakin club, he owns it. He's not begging you for the right to continue owning it. We are stuck with him, like it or not. If he's making genuine efforts to repair the damage he's caused then he deserves support. What we don't need is another bloody witch hunt like we had after KK left.

Everyone knows he's cocked up big time, the burden of blame lies squarely on him but lets move on and try to fix the club in a rational manner.

This fear of a witch hunt repetition gives Shearer the biggest bargaining point of all imo...i expect Ashley is over a barrel where transfer funds,control of the club etc. etc. are concerned.

Guest fading star

words words words blah blah blah

actions please...

:clap:

Ashley has pinned himself into a corner. It’s Shearer or bust. Considering the weakness of his position being sorry in a vague way isn’t what’s needed. He could hardly deny mistakes had been made.

He can either sell at a huge loss or come up with a big enough transfer kitty for Shearer to have a chance of succeeding. Another of his wait and see statements proves nowt.

I hope Shearer doesn’t let his heart rule his head. He‘s got to have the financial backing to do the job. Ashley has the money. I don’t care if he has to sell Lonsdale, he got us into this mess and it’s down to him to put it right.

That's obviously the worry. The fact Wise/the DoF position went (and it was announced before Shearer's appointment) is still hugely significant though IMO.

Yeah, I think the Keegan thing and what everyone has learned from it means it is very unlikely to happen again.

Firstly, Shearer wouldn't sign unless he was absolutely sure he would have the level of control he wants, and even Ashley won't be stupid enough to undermine another NUFC legend (although I know some people would disagree!).

It kind of occurred to me that they're not the best negotiators are they. Llambias saying they wanted Shearer 110% will give Big Al huge negotiating power.

He can ask for the moon and they will have to give it to him. So no doubt he has taken a list as long as your arm and is going through it with a fine toothcomb (whatever one of those is).

Very pleased with how quickly things appear to be happening. Not 48 hours after relegation and we already appear to be preparing for the season ahead and getting things sorted as quickly as possible  :thup:

Guest fading star

Very pleased with how quickly things appear to be happening. Not 48 hours after relegation and we already appear to be preparing for the season ahead and getting things sorted as quickly as possible  :thup:

You jest. Contingency plans should have been draw up months ago. The financial impact of relegation should have been established. How much money would be needed to start the rebuilding process, and where it was going to come from, already known.

Dither. Gamble. Dither. Gamble.

They have to when you think about it. The season is only 8-9 weeks away and we can't fuck around until the end of August to sign players this year. As soon as Shearer is appointed (hopefully) they need to get to work straight away. Thankfully Dowie will know quite a bit about the Championship.

You jest. Contingency plans should have been draw up months ago. The financial impact of relegation should have been established. How much money would be needed to start the rebuilding process, and where it was going to come from, already known.

Dither. Gamble. Dither. Gamble.

At least it now looks like Shearer's taking charge of the situation. Ashley and Co might have realised their mistakes too late but at least they've realised them.

Aye but just from past experience, this lot arent great at doing what appears to be best and have a tendency to let things drag on far too long.

Part of me expected something to happen around mid/late June. Thankfully they havent hung around

Difference being that this time Shearer is having lengthy discussions with them to say what he expects, etc. whereas last time Keegan walked in "without reading the brochure because there wasn't one".