Ashley statement

Optimistic Nut

He can fuck off like. Means nothing to me.

Fair comment. It means nothing to any of us until there is action to back it up.

I think it's a start though.

Fair comment. It means nothing to any of us until there is action to back it up.

I think people said that about the statement before the Liverpool game too. We'll give him another chance and all of the rest of it. Done us well did that.

You don't want Shearer to take the job?

I meant Ashley's "apology" and his trying to kiss the arses of us fans.

I think people said that about the statement before the Liverpool game too. We'll give him another chance and all of the rest of it. Done us well did that.

Unless there's a buy out imminent what else can we do but hope lessons have been learnt? :undecided:

You don't want Shearer to take the job?

I meant Ashley's "apology" and his trying to kiss the arses of us fans.

It's a case of you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't though isn't it?

That's something he had to do. He had to apologise and acknowledge that he'd fucked up. It won't change the past 2 years and it won't get us promoted back up but he's held his hands up.

Now hopefully he's learned from his idiotic mistakes and knows what has to be done. Getting Shearer onside and giving him free reign to rip it up and start again is the first step. Now he's apologised he has to follow it up with positive actions. He can start by slashing ticket prices, refunding a bit to the 3-year ticket lot, peddling the big earners  and sticking his hand in his own pocket to bring a few good players into the club to replace them. 

Guest barnabox

least you could do. Let your actions match your words.....for once.

This.  Talk is cheap, even if it is the right words.  It is actions that will turn us around.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Apology not accepted by me, he can take a running jump.

This new statement does though cast a shadow over the appalling Mr Llambias as it makes his 'apology' look even more hollow than it did the other day. Hopefully Shearer has been asking Ashley to get rid of Llambias in the inevitable cull.

Guest neesy111

if shearer is appointed by the end of the week, then i can see the club moving forward

i have a feeling the talks will be for who shearer wants to keep and who needs to go to balance the books tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Almost everythings been covered that I wanted to say on it.

Initially surprised by the statement, surprised that there was no spin or bullshit, and he flat out apologised. It's toooo late ta palajaaz.....but it's the least he could do, and many wouldnt have, so fair play on that.

...and I'm on board with the suggestion that this may have been Shearers idea.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2579/mikeashley1197139w.th.jpg

This picture sorta takes away the sincerity of it all........ He looks like a little fat kid who's just been given an ice-cream and now he's petrified that his ma's gonna take it off him again cos he shat himself...... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He looks special needs in that photo like.

:D

:lol:

Thats why Lambias is a shit Chairman he s really just Ashley's carrer.

This picture sorta takes away the sincerity of it all........ He looks like a little fat kid who's just been given an ice-cream and now he's petrified that his ma's gonna take it off him again cos he shat himself...... :lol:

He will be if we don't get promoted first up.

Guest northwestmag1892

I just hope that Al tells Ashley to get rid of Derek Labia before signing any contract. The fella is utter poison and the fact that he didn't apologise for the debarcle speaks volumes. Labia == c**t in my world. :)

Allegedly...

Guest firetotheworks

He will be if we don't get promoted first up.

:lol: On a roll here like lads.

No need for any Ashley apologists now he's doing it himself... phew.

Stand down Stupeedo.

Aye, I'd better stop wanting to see the good in the people who own and run our club (AS included)