120 Made Redundant At SJP

Crumpy Gunt

Redundant means you have no role in the job you're currently doing - these people have been chopped for cost cutting measures alone which is a f***ing joke when you think that the cummulative wages for these people are probably less than a couple of weeks worth of wages for around two or three of the charlatans that have taken us down.

Admin staff always get the s*** end of the stick - if they were needed last year they will still be needed next year.

This has just made my mind up, no matter what the prices are next year.  f*** it and f*** this club.  Shove your f***ing season ticket up your f***ing arse.

No season ticket= less money for club= more chance of someone else getting laid off

Using that logic.

No season ticket = less money for club = more money for imports = less jobs.

FYP  :pow:

Guest fading star

..... And in same time the di*k Barton fights to stay - with a £64K salary per week. That fu**er makes me more and more dislike him. No respect for the club or the fans. -He could make this easy for all parts with going to Blackburn or Bolton - that for some strange reason seems to want him :crazy2:. But it looks like he still want to be the biggest d**k-head in GB.

Shite isn't it.

The haste with which these people have been laid off suggests Ashley has a business plan in place for next season, which makes the delay in appointing a manager seem a little odd. 

Part of me (the bit that thinks Ashley is incurably incompetent) suspects the timing of these redundancies is designed to put pressure on Alan Shearer to accept a second rate transfer budget. Parts of the media are already making connections between the two. Then again the club laid off the entire customer service department a few months back, so perhaps these job losses are just part of the five year plan.

Barring all conspiracy theories maybe these people were, shock horror, laid off because we need to reduce our budget.

Baffling though it seems, I reckon this could be the reason.

Guest toonlass

God I hate to say I told you so, when its real people's jobs that have gone here, but I recall saying in threads about boycotting merchandise that jobs would go for the non-playing staff if we didn't put our money into the club.

God I hate to say I told you so, when its real people's jobs that have gone here, but I recall saying in threads about boycotting merchandise that jobs would go for the non-playing staff if we didn't put our money into the club.

Ah so it's our fault again is it?

Guest wshmag

I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it, that 'protest' went out with a whimper after about a week.

Guest toonlass

Partially yes. Not taking owt away from Ashley's fault, but the stupidity of some of our fans in thinking that a boycott wouldn't have a knock-on effect on the backroom staff was staggering.

Partially yes. Not taking owt away from Ashley's fault, but the stupidity of some of our fans in thinking that a boycott wouldn't have a knock-on effect on the backroom staff was staggering.

Who thought that like? I very much doubt this so called boycott was the reason for so many job losses. Especially as it only lasted about a game.

Ashley is a total Cunt for fixing Shepherd's mess.

He hasn't fixed anything.

English Definition according to Stupeedo,. Fix: take something that was going well but went a bit off the rails, and fucking destroy it, beyond all recognition.

Ashley is a total Cunt for fixing Shepherd's mess.

He hasn't fixed anything.

English Definition according to Stupeedo,. Fix: take something that was going well but went a bit off the rails, and fucking destroy it, beyond all recognition.

Perhaps he meant 'fix' as in 'neuter'.

Who thought that like? I very much doubt this so called boycott was the reason for so many job losses. Especially as it only lasted about a game.

She's talking a load of bollocks tbh.

If we'd stayed up, those 120 would probably still be in a job. It's nowt to do with us boycotting merchandise for like 7 days :lol:

Redundant means you have no role in the job you're currently doing - these people have been chopped for cost cutting measures alone which is a f***ing joke when you think that the cummulative wages for these people are probably less than a couple of weeks worth of wages for around two or three of the charlatans that have taken us down.

Admin staff always get the s*** end of the stick - if they were needed last year they will still be needed next year.

This has just made my mind up, no matter what the prices are next year.  f*** it and f*** this club.  Shove your f***ing season ticket up your f***ing arse.

No season ticket= less money for club= more chance of someone else getting laid off

Using that logic.

No season ticket = less money for club = more money for another part of the economy = new jobs.

Yeah, but the lad was angry at lay offs at our club. Spending money at Pizza hut instead is unlikely to help the poor folk we've just laid off. 

By the same logic the football merry go round may have just created some extra jobs in Burnley, so I suppose that makes things ok??

The fact is if we don't continue to supprt the club, it will lose revenue and more people could be laid off.

Conversely, if we get behind it (financially and in terms of physical support) then we've got more chance of going back up and these people might get their jobs back.

Guest toonlass

Aye, but don't try telling the 'boycoutting' NUSC supporters. They just don't seem to understand that if we don't buy merchandise and tickets that its the backroom staff who will be out the door.

Guest neesy111

Thats the ppl who I feel sorry most, it's a disgrace that michael owen's wages doesn't even cover their wages for a year

shows you how unfair life is at times

Guest fading star

Using that logic.

No season ticket = less money for club = more money for another part of the economy = new jobs.

Yeah, but the lad was angry at lay offs at our club. Spending money at Pizza hut instead is unlikely to help the poor folk we've just laid off. 

By the same logic the football merry go round may have just created some extra jobs in Burnley, so I suppose that makes things ok??

The fact is if we don't continue to supprt the club, it will lose revenue and more people could be laid off.

Conversely, if we get behind it (financially and in terms of physical support) then we've got more chance of going back up and these people might get their jobs back.

It may have passed you by but lots of people across the region are losing their jobs. Is there any reason why we should care less about them than employees of NUFC? Perhaps we should all get a loan from Northern Rock and buy a Nissan?

Thats the ppl who I feel sorry most, it's a disgrace that michael owen's wages doesn't even cover their wages for a year

if you want to whinge at that you'll also have to say you don't want nufc to be succesful.

very sad,unfortunate, but true

if you want to whinge at that you'll also have to say you don't want nufc to be succesful.

strange interpretation.

strange interpretation.

if you'd rather pay sales staff than give the money to players.

strange interpretation.

if you'd rather pay sales staff than give the money to players.

fair comment, but id rather employ the staff, and players well who turn up.

Guest neesy111

yes but michael owen has held this club back (not his fault for the transfer fee and wages tho), but his performances for our so-called super-star striker has got this club relegated, we we're kept getting told that his goals we're gonna save the club

Guest Phil K

Ironically , most of them would have done their job properly, while the incompetents stay/have their massive contracts honoured.

Exactly.

Ashley and his mob's still there, most (if not all) the playing staff are still there, the coaches are still there.....

Guest neesy111

Its remarkable that people believe that its michael owen's fault that we were relegated.

he was paid to score goals and he hasn't for over 4 months, so he has to take a large proportion