120 Made Redundant At SJP

Crumpy Gunt

Guest toonlass

Its remarkable that people believe that its michael owen's fault that we were relegated.

Its remarkable that some people believe that its not michael owen's fault we were relegated. He hasn't scored a goal since January 10th ffs. Its not solely his fault but he has been shite.

Guest toonlass

Its remarkable that people believe that its michael owen's fault that we were relegated.

Its remarkable that some people believe that its not michael owen's fault we were relegated. He hasn't scored a goal since January 10th ffs. Its not solely his fault but he has been shite.

Read it again, especially the bit in bold

Guest Stephen927

All of the midfielders are paid to create chances for him to score too, and you can't say that they've done that at all. Its down to the whole team. Singling out owen is simply looking for a scapegoat.

:sadnod:

Guest neesy111

All of the midfielders are paid to create chances for him to score too, and you can't say that they've done that at all. Its down to the whole team. Singling out owen is simply looking for a scapegoat.

well if he had looked like that he was arsed when he was on the pitch then there would be less ppl on his back, also he thinks us as fan's are stupid when he say's he's not injury prone haha fuck off m8

good strikers can score goals without a midfield, as shearer proved during his 10 years here as he has some shit midfielders during his time

Guest fading star

he was paid to score goals and he hasn't for over 4 months, so he has to take a large proportion

Nonsense. Ashley bought a club with a decidedly average squad. It’s a net spend of fuck all over two years that did the damage, that and having four managers in one season.

Owen was a stupid signing and he’s been a waste of space most the time, but blaming him for our relegation is well wide of the mark.

Guest toonlass

he was paid to score goals and he hasn't for over 4 months, so he has to take a large proportion

Nonsense. Ashley bought a club with a decidedly average squad. It’s a net spend of fuck all over two years that did the damage, that and having four managers in one season.

Owen was a stupid signing and he’s been a waste of space most the time, but blaming him for our relegation is well wide of the mark.

Crap. The underachievement of many of our players contributed as much as anything.

well if he had looked like that he was arsed when he was on the pitch then there would be less ppl on his back, also he thinks us as fan's are stupid when he say's he's not injury prone haha f*** off m8

good strikers can score goals without a midfield, as shearer proved during his 10 years here as he has some s*** midfielders during his time

Shearer never played with a midfield as bad as this:

Lovenkrands-Butt-Nolan-Guthrie

Guest neesy111

Crap. The underachievement of many of our players contributed as much as anything.

very true, those fan's solely blaming ashley for 100% of our problems is stupid as that squad of players if they had tried 100% every game this season, then we would of been safe

Guest toonlass

I was replying to neesy's post and didn't even read yours. Even so, highlighting any one player seems strange when nolan, barton, guthrie, coloccini, martins (for most of the season), ameobi, have all had just as little input, if not less than owen. But people love to hate owen because he's on high wages. Truth is, not one person thought it was a bad deal when he first signed.

I did, and I have always maintained it. But since I wasn't posting on here back then I can't prove it.

Guest neesy111

I was replying to neesy's post and didn't even read yours. Even so, highlighting any one player seems strange when nolan, barton, guthrie, coloccini, martins (for most of the season), ameobi, have all had just as little input, if not less than owen. But people love to hate owen because he's on high wages. Truth is, not one person thought it was a bad deal when he first signed.

i did, when we we're offered 8 million for robbie keane and souness said 'he's a not a proper footballer', that make's my blood boil

robbie keane has scored around 75 more goals in the same peroid

Guest toonlass

Good for you, but that's really the smallest point I'm trying to make. Owen can take a fair share of the blame, but should not be made a scapegoat when there were 11 players out their every week, most of which were just as average.

If the lad is being paid a shedload of money every week, and is our captain (which was a big mistake, and also one I have been saying for eons), and then comes out and says "I will score goals to keep us in the premiership" and doesn't, then he needs to take some of the blame. He is not being made a scapegoat, but think of other premier league captains and what they are like, and then think of England's Michael Owen who couldn't motivate cement to dry. It was a scandal that Shepherd ever signed him up here.

Redundant means you have no role in the job you're currently doing - these people have been chopped for cost cutting measures alone which is a f***ing joke when you think that the cummulative wages for these people are probably less than a couple of weeks worth of wages for around two or three of the charlatans that have taken us down.

Admin staff always get the s*** end of the stick - if they were needed last year they will still be needed next year.

This has just made my mind up, no matter what the prices are next year.  f*** it and f*** this club.  Shove your f***ing season ticket up your f***ing arse.

No season ticket= less money for club= more chance of someone else getting laid off

Using that logic.

No season ticket = less money for club = more money for another part of the economy = new jobs.

Yeah, but the lad was angry at lay offs at our club. Spending money at Pizza hut instead is unlikely to help the poor folk we've just laid off. 

By the same logic the football merry go round may have just created some extra jobs in Burnley, so I suppose that makes things ok??

The fact is if we don't continue to supprt the club, it will lose revenue and more people could be laid off.

Conversely, if we get behind it (financially and in terms of physical support) then we've got more chance of going back up and these people might get their jobs back.

It may have passed you by but lots of people across the region are losing their jobs. Is there any reason why we should care less about them than employees of NUFC? Perhaps we should all get a loan from Northern Rock and buy a Nissan?

It may have escaped your attention but the original poster to whom I was responding said he wasn't renewing because of THESE redundancies.  Check your ground before the condescending act.  That way you won't make such a knob of yourself

Guest neesy111

I just wish you could sack/lay off footballers and easily as other employee's as that would solve 3/4's of the problems the club is facing

Guest fading star

Redundant means you have no role in the job you're currently doing - these people have been chopped for cost cutting measures alone which is a f***ing joke when you think that the cummulative wages for these people are probably less than a couple of weeks worth of wages for around two or three of the charlatans that have taken us down.

Admin staff always get the s*** end of the stick - if they were needed last year they will still be needed next year.

This has just made my mind up, no matter what the prices are next year.  f*** it and f*** this club.  Shove your f***ing season ticket up your f***ing arse.

No season ticket= less money for club= more chance of someone else getting laid off

Using that logic.

No season ticket = less money for club = more money for another part of the economy = new jobs.

Yeah, but the lad was angry at lay offs at our club. Spending money at Pizza hut instead is unlikely to help the poor folk we've just laid off. 

By the same logic the football merry go round may have just created some extra jobs in Burnley, so I suppose that makes things ok??

The fact is if we don't continue to supprt the club, it will lose revenue and more people could be laid off.

Conversely, if we get behind it (financially and in terms of physical support) then we've got more chance of going back up and these people might get their jobs back.

It may have passed you by but lots of people across the region are losing their jobs. Is there any reason why we should care less about them than employees of NUFC? Perhaps we should all get a loan from Northern Rock and buy a Nissan?

It may have escaped your attention but the original poster to whom I was responding said he wasn't renewing because of THESE redundancies.  Check your ground before the condescending act.  That way you won't make such a knob of yourself

Childish insults, the last resort of the desperate.

Guest Heneage

If you wanted to be cynical you could say Owen is paid to score goals and missed a glorious opportunity against Pompey, thus not doing what he's paid for.

Using that logic.

is he right in what he says though ?

It may have escaped your attention but the original poster to whom I was responding said he wasn't renewing because of THESE redundancies. 

It's not because of these 'redundancies' - it's the whole shambolic structure of the club.  The people that are responsible for us being in the position that we're are still getting a big fat wedge week after week, under no threat of being made 'redundant'.  This is just the straw that broke the camels back for me as these are not redundancies - these are sackings of staff that would have still been required next year if we were in the top league, and will still have been required next year.

Guest fading star

Using that logic.

is he right in what he says though ?

It’s hard to tell. It’s hard to work out what he’s saying - all conversations have to stick rigidly to some predefined agenda? Deviations are only allowed when they can be used to support SteveMc’s view?

If you wanted to be cynical you could say Owen is paid to score goals and missed a glorious opportunity against Pompey, thus not doing what he's paid for.

I waited ages on the phone to get tickets for the Chelsea game.

Ticket office not doing their job properly.  :pow:

**** off overpaid mercenary wasters!  :angry:

If it hadn't been for his performances towards the end of last season we would've been relegated a year earlier.

It's not Owen's fault we were relegated, it's the fault of the hierarchy of the club for not heading the warning of that near miss and not signing players to fill the gaping hole of creativity in our midfield that has crippled every other part of the team for the past few seasons.

I waited ages on the phone to get tickets for the Chelsea game.

Ticket office not doing their job properly.  :pow:

**** off overpaid mercenary wasters!   :angry:

Not sure if it is outsourced now but I know they've been trying to outsource it for a while.

God I hate to say I told you so, when its real people's jobs that have gone here, but I recall saying in threads about boycotting merchandise that jobs would go for the non-playing staff if we didn't put our money into the club.

Ah so it's our fault again is it?

Partially yes. Not taking owt away from Ashley's fault, but the stupidity of some of our fans in thinking that a boycott wouldn't have a knock-on effect on the backroom staff was staggering.

Who thought that like? I very much doubt this so called boycott was the reason for so many job losses. Especially as it only lasted about a game.

Also have you seen how many people are wondering around town in the new shirt? Have a fucking word man.

Guest neesy111

God I hate to say I told you so, when its real people's jobs that have gone here, but I recall saying in threads about boycotting merchandise that jobs would go for the non-playing staff if we didn't put our money into the club.

Ah so it's our fault again is it?

Partially yes. Not taking owt away from Ashley's fault, but the stupidity of some of our fans in thinking that a boycott wouldn't have a knock-on effect on the backroom staff was staggering.

Who thought that like? I very much doubt this so called boycott was the reason for so many job losses. Especially as it only lasted about a game.

Also have you seen how many people are wondering around town in the new shirt? Have a fucking word man.

all of these boycott's are a load of tosh tbh, i actually need to get a new shirt because my old 1 has barton on the back

Guest Stephen927

The boycott never really took off anyway. There will be people out there who won't buy anything from any of his shops but thats because the man is a cunt, not because NUSC told them not to buy any Mike Ashley products or buy anything from the ground on a matchday.