RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Wally_McFool

Yeah we get it, thats at least 3 times you have told everyone that Keegan is a con man!

I'm sure he must be if you say so.

Wally

Waste of a post by you there.

I am entitled to my opinion and I dont expect everyone to agree with it.

Ignoring all the other aspects of your post I disagree with to single one out; how can you honestly believe that "he [KK] is just as much or even more cupable than Ashley for the situation we are in now".

When did Keegan leave the club? Even if it was 100% his fault (not in the slightest imo) Ashley had plenty of time to right the wrong. He could have appointed a manager, permanently, who could have kept us up. He appointed Kinnear on a game-by-game basis who worked hard but wasn't good enough and couldn't provide stability on his contract. Even once MA had decided he was staying he chose not to invest in the squad in January, preferring to make a profit when a blind man could see that we needed players.

When JFK was taken ill rather than appointing a manager he let a coach take the reins, despite him having no experience of managing. This was allowed to continue for far, far too long before he finally got around to doing something; by this stage it was too little too late.

Was KK responsible for making MA fuck up pretty much every decision after he left? Was he bollocks. We'd have stayed up if KK had put up with Ashley's shit for the season because he's a talented manager; but we should have stayed up anyway were it not for that fat fucking idiot.

HTL

With no disrespect, you seem to have conveniently bypassed one crucial and extremely major point regarding this entire debacle. Whilst I realise that you are an admirer of KK whilst I am not, it would appear that your comments regarding Ashley failing in his appointment of KK are very much one sided.

Lets look at the financial situation the club found itself in. We all know that years of excessive spending by the likes of Souness etc had driven the club towards the financial black hole it finds itself in now. Ashley clearly identified this after taking over and decided best practice was to generate his own academy of youngsters and for a change, make profit on deals rather than huge financial losses experienced by the club i9n the previous regimes management. It was clear that Wise and Co. were brought in to deal with this side and to a certain extent, they were successful in attracting some good youing talent from around the world.

Ashley had backed Allardyce with a fair amount of funding only to see most of it pissed up against a wall, so to speak. We all know the virtues of KK as a coach, especially of young players. It is non existent. He relies on money to buy players rather than nurturing them himself. Whether Wise and Co were instrumental in signing lkayers unwanted by Keegan is still heresay and yet to be proven in an open forum.

The James Milner affair was instrumental in KK resigning. Anyone could see 12 million for Milner was too good a deal to turn down especially when the player wanted to leave. The fact that Schweinsteigger changed his mind to come to NUFC at the last minute is hardly the fault of the administration.

Ashley has paid off in excess of 100 million pounds of debt and there is still substantially more to be paid off too. A blind man can see that we have not been in a position to buy players for over a year due to these financial constraints made even worse by relegation.

Trutyh is, KK spat it when told limited funds would be available. He still had a good squad, had made a reasonable start but chose to sit the dummy instead. He could have tayed on and built the club up again but even he knew he didnt have the ability or the patience to do this.

In my ipinion, he is just as much or even more cupable than Ashley for the situation we are in now. To take the club to court over this matter only highlights just what a con man he is.

If Ashley wanted the club to operate in the manner you describe he should not have appointed Keegan, nor anyone else (Redknapp for example) who believes bringing in better players in return for transfer fees is essential for a club to make progress. The mistake was his and his alone.

By the way, you don't know the truth, all you have is your own bias which is based on very limited information. For accuracy you should really leave such comment out of your posts otherwise they become in danger of turning into you know what.

HTL

With no disrespect, you seem to have conveniently bypassed one crucial and extremely major point regarding this entire debacle. Whilst I realise that you are an admirer of KK whilst I am not, it would appear that your comments regarding Ashley failing in his appointment of KK are very much one sided.

Lets look at the financial situation the club found itself in. We all know that years of excessive spending by the likes of Souness etc had driven the club towards the financial black hole it finds itself in now. Ashley clearly identified this after taking over and decided best practice was to generate his own academy of youngsters and for a change, make profit on deals rather than huge financial losses experienced by the club i9n the previous regimes management. It was clear that Wise and Co. were brought in to deal with this side and to a certain extent, they were successful in attracting some good youing talent from around the world.

Ashley had backed Allardyce with a fair amount of funding only to see most of it pissed up against a wall, so to speak. We all know the virtues of KK as a coach, especially of young players. It is non existent. He relies on money to buy players rather than nurturing them himself. Whether Wise and Co were instrumental in signing lkayers unwanted by Keegan is still heresay and yet to be proven in an open forum.

The James Milner affair was instrumental in KK resigning.  Anyone could see 12 million for Milner was too good a deal to turn down especially when the player wanted to leave. The fact that Schweinsteigger changed his mind to come to NUFC at the last minute is hardly the fault of the administration.

Ashley has paid off in excess of 100 million pounds of debt and there is still substantially more to be paid off too. A blind man can see that we have not been in a position to buy players for over a year due to these financial constraints made even worse by relegation.

Trutyh is, KK spat it when told limited funds would be available. He still had a good squad, had made a reasonable start but chose to sit the dummy instead. He could have tayed on and built the club up again but even he knew he didnt have the ability or the patience to do this.

In my ipinion, he is just as much or even more cupable than Ashley for the situation we are in now. To take the club to court over this matter only highlights just what a con man he is.

How exactly did you decied which of these statements were fact and which were unproven heresay?

HTL

The James Milner affair was instrumental in KK resigning. Anyone could see 12 million for Milner was too good a deal to turn down especially when the player wanted to leave. The fact that Schweinsteigger changed his mind to come to NUFC at the last minute is hardly the fault of the administration.

If Ashley wanted the club to operate in the manner you describe he should not have appointed Keegan, nor anyone else (Redknapp for example) who believes bringing in better players in return for transfer fees is essential for a club to make progress. The mistake was his and his alone.

By the way, you don't know the truth, all you have is your own bias which is based on very limited information. For accuracy you should really leave such comment out of your posts otherwise they become in danger of turning into you know what.

First para is spot on HTL. A basic lack of understanding from Ashley. Implies to me he, at least, misdirected KK.

Basically nobody knows the whole deal, we can ony make judgements of what we have seen.

Personally I'll believe a man like KK any day of the week over the two maggots who have been pulling the strings of the club.

How anybody can see other wise is beyond me and no one who argues against KK has given me anything to change my mind.  They use the same old line "he spat his dummy out again" .  And thats ment to be proof.

Give the fuck over.

He realised that Ashley and his bitch had no intensions of taking the club forward or trying to stablise it.  They were going to gamble with its future.

Which they did in January, then we got relegated.

What more do you need to see.

HTL

Your first paragraph is pretty much correct appointing KK was madness really in those circumstances and it would never work how KK operates and i think we all knew it would end in tears,as for the second paragraph come on man Macca is entitled to his opinion and we all are and we will probably not find out the full truth after this court settlement anyway but we all have our thoughts on this scenario be it right or wrong.

I can understand your defence of KK but once again, you have all missed the major point here which is the financial implications Ashley inherited which has obviously forced drastic action for over a year now and IMO, will continue to do so until some rich benefactor takes over the club, if at all.

HTL

You dont need to be einstein to read into what has happened here and it is obvious there have been faults on both sides, but primarily, the situation changed because Ashley needed to debt manage. If he had conducted due diligence when he bought the club, he probably wouldnt have bought the club andI fear we would have been subsequently in the hands of administrators a long time ago.

I can understand your defence of KK but once again, you have all missed the major point here which is the financial implications Ashley inherited which has obviously forced drastic action for over a year now and IMO, will continue to do so until some rich benefactor takes over the club, if at all.

If the finances were so fucked why did Ashley let Fat Sam bloat the wage bill so much?

Mowen

Look at the transfers out as well. A few players left too. Furthermore, due to mhis l;ack of due diligence, I guess Ashley was only finding out the real extent of the debt well after subsidising Allardyce.

On top of that, it is well known that Ashley has paid off over 100 million pounds of debt out of his own pocket, something the pervious administration would never have done. He deserves some credit for that.

Your first paragraph is pretty much correct appointing KK was madness really in those circumstances and it would never work how KK operates and i think we all knew it would end in tears,as for the second paragraph come on man Macca is entitled to his opinion and we all are and we will probably not find out the full truth after this court settlement anyway but we all have our thoughts on this scenario be it right or wrong.

I know he's entitled to his opinion but most of the time he is putting it across as the truth...as solid fact.

HTL

You dont need to be einstein to read into what has happened here and it is obvious there have been faults on both sides, but primarily, the situation changed because Ashley needed to debt manage. If he had conducted due diligence when he bought the club, he probably wouldnt have bought the club andI fear we would have been subsequently in the hands of administrators a long time ago.

Did Ashley really need to debt manage? He's got a lot more money than some owners and while it's up to him how he spends it, Newcastle was a daft choice if he wanted to buy a football club to run on a shoestring.

Nobody has missed that, tbh. People have been talking about the club debt for a long, long time. How thick can Ashley be?

What you appear to have missed is that Ashley did not understand he would have to spend money in order to (possibly) make money from owning the club.  I've thought from the start he was hoping the value of the club would simply go up over time as things generally go up over time. He's just very dumb about football and unfortunately it is Newcastle United that has to suffer for it.

HTL

We all kmow now he was the wrong choice as an owner. He admitted his purchase of the club was more from the fun aspect than business. I really dont believe he knew the extent of the problems he was getting into and therefore, the club is suffering and will continue to suffer until the debt is managed within the financial business plan being adapted.

On other matters regharding his wealth, it has been well reported regarding his massive losses in the last 12 months. When he bou8ght us, he was a double billionaire. Now, I believe that has been reduced to less than half a billion, still a significant amount but obviously, due to his other business interests, propping up the club is well down the list of priorities.

By the way, I am not trying to put everything I say as the truth. I have stated several times that it is my opinion and I dont expect everyone to agree with me.

If you dont like it, dont read it and comment otherwise.

HTL

Spending money to make money? He has not done that, has he?

Well, he spent money on Bassong, didnt he? What was his profit on him? Same with Beye, same with Faye and he sold Milner for over 3 times what we paid for him.

Furthermore, I would say the debt reduction from his own pocket was a fairly significant amount, wouldnt you?

HTL

Spending money to make money? He has not done that, has he?

Well, he spent money on Bassong, didnt he? What was his profit on him? Same with Beye, same with Faye and he sold Milner for over 3 times what we paid for him.

Furthermore, I would say the debt reduction from his own pocket was a fairly significant amount, wouldnt you?

Aye and how thin was our squad before the season started and how thin was it when we got relegated and how thin is it now in a new campaign.

NG

Yes, very thin but much of the blame should be laid at the feet of the previous regime who were responsible for the purchase and subsequent sky high salaries of such flops as Luque, Owen, Boumsong, Babayaro etc. How many clubs would pay in excess of 35  million pounds for a player who returned nothing................Michael Owen

This, unfortunately, is the legacy that Ashley inherited and should not be under estimated because we are still paying even though they left the club ages ago.

Mowen

Look at the transfers out as well. A few players left too. Furthermore, due to mhis l;ack of due diligence, I guess Ashley was only finding out the real extent of the debt well after subsidising Allardyce.

On top of that, it is well known that Ashley has paid off over 100 million pounds of debt out of his own pocket, something the pervious administration would never have done. He deserves some credit for that.

We only spent about £10m net on transfer fees iirc, but it's further evidence of Ashley's incompetance that he allowed the wage bill to expand the way it did whilst apparently trying to tighten purse strings. A lot of high earners have been brought in on his watch. Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't well known Ashley spent £100m of his own money paying off debt, doesn't he want it back as part of the sale?

Mowen

We only spent about £10m net on transfer fees iirc, but it's further evidence of Ashley's incompetance that he allowed the wage bill to expand the way it did whilst apparently trying to tighten purse strings. A lot of high earners have been brought in on his watch. Also, I'm pretty sure it isn't well known Ashley spent £100m of his own money paying off debt, doesn't he want it back as part of the sale?

I think it is possibly THE single most well known fact from the Ashley era, that he spent his own money to pay off most of our debt.

It was all over the papers for weeks and weeks and Chris Mort was particularly public in thanking him (on behalf of the club) for doing that!

The thing that is NOT known, I think, is whether Ashley will expect this £100M+ back, as part of the sale, or not . . .

Mowen

I think it is possibly THE single most well known fact from the Ashley era, that he spent his own money to pay off most of our debt.

It was all over the papers for weeks and weeks and Chris Mort was particularly public in thanking him (on behalf of the club) for doing that!

The thing that is NOT known, I think, is whether Ashley will expect this £100M+ back, as part of the sale, or not . . .

My point is that if he expects it back, he hasn't paid it off. If I buy you a pint, but then ask for the money I've not really done you that much of a favour. He will have saved us some money on interest payments if I understand it correctly though.

Also, I think "THE single most well known fact from the Ashley era" is that the cunt got us relegated.

Mowen

New owner, new manager, need for players, reason to impress the fans were probably all contrbuting factors to Ashley allowing Allardyce to over expend on wages.

As for the loan, I dont thing anyone of us knows exactly what the terms of the sale of the club is under Ashley except that he wants 100 million for a club he paid 134 million for 2 years ago.  Common knowledge that he put a further 110 million in to service part of the debt is also evidenced. If I was in hios position, I would want to get as much back as possible.

Mowen

My point is that if he expects it back, he hasn't paid it off. If I buy you a pint, but then ask for the money I've not really done you that much of a favour.

Also, I think "THE single most well known fact from the Ashley era" is that the c*** got us relegated.

Yes, I agree your last sentence!