RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NG

You know there was more to it than that. Like throwing away a 12 point lead because KK tactically didnt know how to defend and grind out results.

Anyway, my comments was relating to SBR and how close we came in 2003.

I think you'll find it was  number of factors which didn't see us past the post first.  I would say lack of experience was the main one and secondly a few of our regulars ran out of steam.

We were a hell of a lot closer to winning the league under KK then SBR and had a better team to boot.

Can you remember Alex fergusons title challenge before the prem when his Man U team blew a 12 pt lead? 

I think keeping Venison may have made a difference, but as I now see from the replies to the tripe posted earlier, people have already mentioned the remarkable run by manure, for which they get no credit such is the eagerness to put the boot in to Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan.

The classic cliché is that Keegan losing it live on air cost us the title, absolutely staggering that anyone can think that.

I think keeping Venison may have made a difference, but as I now see from the replies to the tripe posted earlier, people have already mentioned the remarkable run by manure, for which they get no credit such is the eagerness to put the boot in to Newcastle United and Kevin Keegan.

I fucking hate Eric Cantona  :angry:

He was their inspiration in that run.

Peter Schmeichal won them the title with his first half display at SJP imo. Unbelievable player.

Re where are the Ashley supporters...

Haven't you seen them ? Where have you been man ?

There are loads of them to be seen walking up to SJP on matchdays with ASHLEY printed on the back of their shirts, they sing pro-Ashley songs during the match and wave banners with things like "Cockney Mafia In" and "Boycoutt Keegan burgers" printed on them.

During the week they organise meetings at pubs in places like Felling, Winlaton and Bamburgh trying to convince people how great Ashley is.

Benwell Lad in denial

Pwned.

Thanks go to UV for posting this earlier. Just had to repeat it. It's not to be missed.

NG

You know there was more to it than that. Like throwing away a 12 point lead because KK tactically didnt know how to defend and grind out results.

Anyway, my comments was relating to SBR and how close we came in 2003.

I think you'll find it was  number of factors which didn't see us past the post first.  I would say lack of experience was the main one and secondly a few of our regulars ran out of steam.

We were a hell of a lot closer to winning the league under KK then SBR and had a better team to boot.

Can you remember Alex fergusons title challenge before the prem when his Man U team blew a 12 pt lead? 

I did mention their run.

Lets say Keegan wins his case and the club has to pay him approx 8-10 million quid.  Ashley has not sold the club and is not willing to put more of his personal money into the club.  In order to balance the books we have to sell 8-10 million quids worth of players in the transfer window.  We fail to get promoted off the back of this.  Who is that bad guy there Ashley or Keegan?  For all Keegan did for this club his is a prize t*** for suing us.  Leave the job fair enough but if he takes the money out of this club and hurts us further he should be shot.  Ashley for all his daft decisions has never taken money out of the club (as far as we are aware).  He is going to make a loss on his money.  The so called people we trust regularly take money away from the club.

If KK is proven right in court and the cub have to pay him 10 mil, then its AShley at fault again.  Seems to be a reocurring situation doesn't it.  Ashley seems to be at the centre of all the problems at the club and KK still gets the blame.

laughable.

possibly been pointed out but i don't think it's going to court. more of an arbitration panel so we'll still probably never find out.

How on earth did this thread turn into a Keegan debate as well? :lol:

Because a load of Ashley supporters desperately need to try and deflect at least some of the blame for the club's current state away from their beloved leader? If it wasn't for dastardly Keegan, the way Ashley was running the club would have worked & we'd now only be a couple of years from challenging for everything don't ya know.

;)

who are these ashley supporters ? most agreed when he came in we couldn't keep going as we were financially, haven't got a clue what happened with keegan and think ashley got it totally wrong with kinnear etc.

or is it a case that some think if you have any criticism of keegan or the previous board then you must therefore think that ashley has done everything right ?

:coolsmiley:

Being on the defensive in this way EVERYTIME someone makes this kind of comment sends out a message, madras.

Thought I'd mention it.

as pointed out numerous times i'll defend him,fred,stalin when they do things i consider to be right and condemn them when i think they do wrong. you do remember back in  the old days when i did defend fred quite a bit until the point where i personally thought he's going backwards and isn't going to turn it round.

i'll not blindly back one for their entirety. that goes for keegan aswell. like i've said too many times now as to why keegan left, i don't know and i'll await evidence before i blame him,ashley,wise or nayone else.

I f***ing hate Eric Cantona  :angry:

He was their inspiration in that run.

Cantona and Schmeichel. A number of games towards the end where they won by a single goal thanks to those two.

Imagine if the FA had kicked him out after the Palace kung-fu kick like was mentioned at the time.

Re where are the Ashley supporters...

Haven't you seen them ? Where have you been man ?

There are loads of them to be seen walking up to SJP on matchdays with ASHLEY printed on the back of their shirts, they sing pro-Ashley songs during the match and wave banners with things like "Cockney Mafia In" and "Boycoutt Keegan burgers" printed on them.

During the week they organise meetings at pubs in places like Felling, Winlaton and Bamburgh trying to convince people how great Ashley is.

Benwell Lad in denial

Pwned.

Thanks go to UV for posting this earlier. Just had to repeat it. It's not to be missed.

Thanks for that, I'm honoured that you and someone else even bothered to re-visit it.

You were talking about your intelligence earlier, the level of which should be enough to recognise my post was a provocative one intended to create debate about what was a very emotive subject at the time. Yes my standpoint was somewhat for the defence against the masses but not really in a supportive way.  I did it on purpose.

I just wish there was a platform where such things could be debated rationally and not just hundreds of pages of childish insults, repeated "tripe" and profanity.

For the record I was not besotted with Ashley's arrival in the way many on here were originally (where are they now ?) I prefer (maybe it's age) to take a more level headed view on anything good or bad which happens to our club.

Personally I wish Ashley was gone and replaced by someone who can take the club forward in a stable way. His tenure has been a disaster, much the same as Keegan's return as manager was.

Played 6, won 5, drawn 1= 16 points= Ashley thinking that in a few months he could be selling a club on its way to or in the Premier League= no sale for good while.