RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There will be a statement tomorrow.

Its a bank holiday in USA today.

Its Columbus day here in the US on Oct 12.   But that means nowt.  Wall St was still trading and the banks were open today - I walked in a deposited a cheque.

I'm calling it like it is.. BS..

It was a bank holiday.  Some banks just stayed open for their customers, but the federal reserve which is the back bone of the banking system was closed along with the government.  Nothing official could be completed today. 

Its a federal holiday.  Federal govt closed, bond markets were closed but the banking system continued.  On Wall St the DJ 100 industrials closed near to 10,000 (see http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/12/markets/markets_newyork/index.htm?postversion=2009101218).  Out in the street, people filled their cars with gas, stores sold goods and there was generally nothing much different from a regular Monday.  Given all those financial transactions the fed has to settle these and there's no "don't settle" on a federal holiday rule in the ACH book I've studied.

Regardless of the state of the US federal govt, why would a US federal holiday stop a charitable organization or hedge fund or whatever SS has up his sleeve from announcing anything about a venture in the UK?  THe statement about a bank holiday is convenient, but it doesn't pass a reasonableness test.  Pure hogwash!

Guest ToonBart

Everyone's still biting.

it whiles away a grey old day

Not much going in the taxi business?

Not much going in any business right now, however Monday and Tuesday to a taxi driver are like Saturday and a Sunday to other folk.

Everyone's still biting.

Not much going in any business right now, however Monday and Tuesday to a taxi driver are like Saturday and a Sunday to other folk.

In other words you start your day at home with a bottle of scotch and wake up next to a smelly transvestite in a low-key establishment somewhere in Eastern Europe?

Guest ToonBart

Everyone's still biting.

In other words you start your day at home with a bottle of scotch and wake up next to a smelly transvestite in a low-key establishment somewhere in Eastern Europe? Whitley Bay  :lol:

I guess we see a little article in a paper today.

With a "statment" from a unknow source, who claims the money is there or some s***.

I simply cant see anything happening today.

Hope i am terribly wrong...

Its all a little too quiet for me.  :shifty:

I guess we see a little article in a paper today.

With a "statment" from a unknow source, who claims the money is there or some s***.

I simply cant see anything happening today.

Hope i am terribly wrong...

Its all a little too quiet for me.  :shifty:

Aye thats because all hope is slowly slipping away

from the chronicle

THE North West-based businessman spearheading a transatlantic bid for Newcastle United has claimed their group finally expect an answer this week from Mike Ashley.

The Chronicle revealed Geoff Sheard was fronting the bid for American company the Star Foundation on August 25.

Since then, they insist they have remained in the running, although United managing director Derek Llambias has played down their chances.

Sheard now claims that the matter is in the hands of UK legal giants Halliwells, representing the Americans, and Ashley’s lawyers Travers Smith.

Sheard told the Chronicle today: “We will push it forward this week and it will be resolved. It’s all done as far as we are concerned.

“It’s all down to the solicitors now. There has been no contact with ourselves or Derek Llambias or Mike Ashley, just between legal teams.

“We are not aware of any other significant interest from elsewhere.”

from the chronicle

THE North West-based businessman spearheading a transatlantic bid for Newcastle United has claimed their group finally expect an answer this week from Mike Ashley.

The Chronicle revealed Geoff Sheard was fronting the bid for American company the Star Foundation on August 25.

Since then, they insist they have remained in the running, although United managing director Derek Llambias has played down their chances.

Sheard now claims that the matter is in the hands of UK legal giants Halliwells, representing the Americans, and Ashleys lawyers Travers Smith.

Sheard told the Chronicle today: We will push it forward this week and it will be resolved. Its all done as far as we are concerned.

Its all down to the solicitors now. There has been no contact with ourselves or Derek Llambias or Mike Ashley, just between legal teams.

We are not aware of any other significant interest from elsewhere.

This could take weeks with legal wankers involved.  The amount of time they sit on letters before passing them on.  Wankers

Guest johnson293

So, assuming Ashley doesn't sell us (which is f***ing nailed on, tbh): what's his plan?

Probably small - minimal investment in January, hopefully we'll still be doing ok, and heading fro promotion - and if we do go up, expect the sale signs back up in May with a £150-200m price tag again!