RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think many mistake revenue/turnover for cash on here - for instance we stated £99m in turnover in the June 2008 accounts but £29m of that was internal management charges which didn't generate any cash whatesoever. 

Additionally, part of that was sponsorship, the cash being already banked by Shepherd previously - so our actual income in cash terms wasn't any greater than £70m for the year ended June 2008.

We had a cr*p year last year with falls in revenue in media, sponsorship and gate receipts - so I'd be curious as to what people actualy think we made this last year.

Next year aside from parachute payment, we get a piddly amount from TV money, no setanta, huge drop in sponsorship and a drop in gate receipts.

What internal management charges?  The £99m came from:

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

Commercial revenue - £26m

= £99M

This is what happens when you ask a bod to do some digging for you and they look at the wrong accounts - you are correct, apologies - I was given an anlaysis of one of the intercompany accounts! :crazy2:

I think many mistake revenue/turnover for cash on here - for instance we stated £99m in turnover in the June 2008 accounts but £29m of that was internal management charges which didn't generate any cash whatesoever. 

Additionally, part of that was sponsorship, the cash being already banked by Shepherd previously - so our actual income in cash terms wasn't any greater than £70m for the year ended June 2008.

We had a cr*p year last year with falls in revenue in media, sponsorship and gate receipts - so I'd be curious as to what people actualy think we made this last year.

Next year aside from parachute payment, we get a piddly amount from TV money, no setanta, huge drop in sponsorship and a drop in gate receipts.

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

Yes - although Slugsy could well be right with what he says about some of the sponsorship income already having been spent. The words Northern Rock and Michael Owen come into my head for some reason.

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

This is what happens when you ask a bod to do some digging for you and they look at the wrong accounts - you are correct, apologies - I was given an anlaysis of one of the intercompany accounts! :crazy2:

No problem mate.  Like quayside says you've probably got a point about the sponsorship and some of it already being spent by Shepherd (on Owen).  Though it'll be very hard for us to know how much of it Northern Rock paid up front and how much they're giving us per year.

quayside, do you know how much our sponsorship deal is worth per year?

Guest ObaStar

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

No problem mate.  Like quayside says you've probably got a point about the sponsorship and some of it already being spent by Shepherd (on Owen).  Though it'll be very hard for us to know how much of it Northern Rock paid up front and how much they're giving us per year.

it doesnt matter how they pay us. if the money has been spent, its been spent.

No you've mis-understood.  As far as I know its not that we've spent money that we expect to get back from future sponsorship.  I think we actually got future sponsorship money up front from Northern Rock (someone correct me if I'm wrong here).  That's what I meant when I said it would be hard to know how much of our yearly sponsorship they gave us up front and how much they still owe per year.  I'm unsure how that money would be recorded in the accounts (as the agreed yearly payment or as it was actually paid).  Also I don't think we spent it all, just some of it and we don't know how much.

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

No - but the annual slice of it would be included in the figure of £26 million for commercial revenue. With Northern Rock my understanding is that they gave us a 4 or 5 year sponsorship deal back in 2005 and paid the whole lot up front, and it was used to fund our transfer activities that summer.

Just read your post above and yes there is a difference between how it is recorded in the accounts and how the cash is received. If it was say £20 million for a 4 year deal the accounts will record income of £5 million per year, regardless of when the cash is received.

Guest Roger Kint

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

No - but the annual slice of it would be included in the figure of £26 million for commercial revenue. With Northern Rock my understanding is that they gave us a 4 or 5 year sponsorship deal back in 2005 and paid the whole lot up front, and it was used to fund our transfer activities that summer.

Something like £15m over 5 years i think it was said.

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

Really?, all of it?  I knew some of it had come in up front but I didn't think he'd spent all of it, that's completely mental  :kasper:

Guest kirkpatrick9

Proves how s*** we've been managed when we were the only f***ing club not playing European football, in the big top 20 European finances, and as little as 12 year ago when we were managed correctly we were top five.

For the advantage we have constantly had being in the top 20 finances without European football, player recruitment has been shambolical.

Guest icemanblue

This thread is so interesting.

Point taken  :thup:

But whats happened with the club in the past and what is going on now is to do with money and nothing else unfortunately.

:sadnod:

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

Really?, all of it?  I knew some of it had come in up front but I didn't think he'd spent all of it, that's completely mental  :kasper:

I think that's what happened, it may have been £15 or £20 million. I haven't got the 2006 accounts.

When can we expect the 2009 financial report to be filed?

10 Months after the FYE

Yes that's the latest.

It could be sooner if they want them out for PR reasons - last year's were filed about 7 months  after the year end I think.

Match day revenue - £32m

Media revenue - £41m

= £99M

I think that's what happened, it may have been £15 or £20 million. I haven't got the 2006 accounts.

My 'bod' has come in useful - £25m over 5 years

When can we expect the 2009 financial report to be filed?

I'm sure we were paid up front by Northern Rock and Adidas and that's gone, I'm not sure if it still shows up as income over the full period of the deals which are almost at an end.  We've got the rest of this season with Northern Rock, 2009-10 is the last season of the deal which brought in an estimated £25 million.  We're also tied into Adidas until 2010, the Adidas deal was worth an estimated £20.

The financial year for us ended on 30th June and will probably be signed off in October, the accounts should be on the internet some time in January 2010, the last ones came out during January 2009.

Guest prestonj1989

Did anyone just see that report from David Craig on SSN? Just missed it and was wondering if he had any more news.