RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has given Barry Moat a deadline of 5 o’clock this afternoon to buy the club. It is believed that Ashley is close to accepting that he will have to keep the club for at least another year. Sources close to the retail magnate said that he has still not received word from Moat that Barclays, Newcastle’s lender, has approved the sale. The bank must agree to roll the £40 million borrowings over to Moat’s consortium before he can buy the club.

I think this is it lads.

This is the deadline.

The deadline that leads to the deadline that leads to the deadline that leads to the deadline that leads the deadline that will lead to a resolution to this.

Let's say this is true, hypothetically.

I think this is because of the Taylor bid - selling more players makes the club difficult to sell, but Ashley needs to get the debt down and can't refuse offers for players, really. Therefore if Moat can get get close to buying the club today, they don't need to sell Taylor. If Moat is still miles away, Ashley will sell him as he will continue to treat NUFC as his business.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6804972.ece

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has given Barry Moat a deadline of 5 oclock this afternoon to buy the club. It is believed that Ashley is close to accepting that he will have to keep the club for at least another year. Sources close to the retail magnate said that he has still not received word from Moat that Barclays, Newcastles lender, has approved the sale. The bank must agree to roll the £40 million borrowings over to Moats consortium before he can buy the club.

Love the spin that it's Moat's side that has not fulfilled their side of the deal. The reality is that Ashley has priced himself out of a sale.

Let's say this is true, hypothetically.

I think this is because of the Taylor bid - selling more players makes the club difficult to sell, but Ashley needs to get the debt down and can't refuse offers for players, really. Therefore if Moat can get get close to buying the club today, they don't need to sell Taylor. If Moat is still miles away, Ashley will sell him as he will continue to reat NUFC as his business.

I do agree with that and was thinking the same. If Moat agrees to buy the club then Taylor stays. If not then Taylor leaves and Sol Campbell signs.

What if the club has indeed been sold to the nameless Middle Eastern consortium Thomo told us about?

What if the sale is only validated once the wages have been reduced to a certain amount (hence the player sales)?

What if Moat has just been in on an elaborate scheme to help keep the media and fans "entertained" while all of this takes place behind the scenes.

What if I am ITK?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just listened to the Lambias interview. Couldn't quite hear properly but did he really say that they are happy with what they have got in terms of our squad.

And he didn't say we are there or thereabouts?

He DID say we are there or thereabouts. Listen again

What if the club has indeed been sold to the nameless Middle Eastern consortium Thomo told us about?

What if the sale is only validated once the wages have been reduced to a certain amount (hence the player sales)?

What if Moat has just been in on an elaborate scheme to help keep the media and fans "entertained" while all of this takes place behind the scenes.

What if I am ITK?

What if we did go to the moon, landed and found Skeletor sitting naked playing chess with Beastman.

What if I am ITK?

What if we did go to the moon, landed and found Skeletor sitting naked playing chess with Beastman.

I'd be wondering how the fuck he gets online from up there.

What if I am ITK?

I'd be wondering how the f*** he gets online from up there.

interplanet connection?

:pow:

Just listened to the Lambias interview. Couldn't quite hear properly but did he really say that they are happy with what they have got in terms of our squad.

It's been taken out of context though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

In what sense?

Guest toonlass

Has anything at all happened?

Yes, the club has been sold. We're just not talking about it.

Read the thread title. :lol:

Thanks Dave  :thup:

In what sense?

'The Barry Moat situation; are they close?'

'We're in negotiations with Barry, and, you know, I'm not going to talk about the individuals that are there or thereabouts...'

Like I said, it's slightly different to what the papers have said, which is that the Moat deal itself is 'there or thereabouts'.

What he actually said could mean anything, basically.

Has anything at all happened?

Yes, the club has been sold. We're just not talking about it.

Read the thread title. :lol:

You sure I can't find anything on the official site?

was it moat in the end then?

Guest sicko2ndbest

In what sense?

'We're in negotiations with Barry, and, you know, I'm not going to talk about the individuals that are there or thereabouts...'

Like I said, it's slightly different to what the papers have said, which is that the Moat deal itself is 'there or thereabouts'.

Your right just re-listened.

The most positive bit is the part where he is talking about parties being 'more or less at signing stage'

In what sense?

Your right just re-listened.

The most positive bit is the part where he is talking about parties being 'more or less at signing stage'

It would be positive, if it hadn't come from Lambias.