RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In case it hasnt been posted already. Interview with Lliararse and Roberts about their bid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8213087.stm

just listened to that for the first time and the most annoying thing is the pair of imbecilic interviewers cutting him off all the time.  If they let the goon speak he would have spilled much more beanage

Guest antz1uk

Btw As a matter of fact, Monday will probably come and go without any announcement.

FYP

whats FYP alexander?  :idiot2: simples

If true, I reckon this is it.

- Ashley takes the club off the market and speaks of his intent to return to running the club and getting them back into the Premier League.

- Says that he was concerned that Moat didn't have enough funds and couldn't secure the backing, being the caring man that he is, didn't want to leave the clubs in the hands of a man who might not be able to support it financially.

- He will hire Chris Hughton as manager

- One week of the transfer deadline left, ready to work hard to bring in a number of targets. Working with Hughton and Calderwood to put a list together.

- One s**** player will come in midweek

- Last day of the transfer window, Ashley and Llambias will be in training ground all day. David Craig will be invited in and will stand outside reporting bollocks all day.

- Nobody will sign and Ashley will express his disappointment but how strong he feels the squad already is.

- In the summer, he will put the club back up for sale and again fail to find a buyer that meets his valuation

You could write a f***ing book about this :(

I'm afraid that sounds scarily accurate :(

The announcement will obviously be that the club is off the market, if the club has already been sold why wait until monday to say owt?

Agreed. Sounds to me like there actually is a deadline too.

If true, I reckon this is it.

- Ashley takes the club off the market and speaks of his intent to return to running the club and getting them back into the Premier League.

- Says that he was concerned that Moat didn't have enough funds and couldn't secure the backing, being the caring man that he is, didn't want to leave the clubs in the hands of a man who might not be able to support it financially.

- He will hire Chris Hughton as manager

- One week of the transfer deadline left, ready to work hard to bring in a number of targets. Working with Hughton and Calderwood to put a list together.

- One s**** player will come in midweek

- Last day of the transfer window, Ashley and Llambias will be in training ground all day. David Craig will be invited in and will stand outside reporting bollocks all day.

- Nobody will sign and Ashley will express his disappointment but how strong he feels the squad already is.

- In the summer, he will put the club back up for sale and again fail to find a buyer that meets his valuation

You could write a f***ing book about this :(

spot on, imo.

If the club is taken off the market it will be interesting to see who is appointed manager, despite the doom mongering I can't see it being Hughton.

Will be Hughton until Kinnear is fit enough to return. Oh good times ahead.

I've done this before but:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article5406711.ece

"I am happy to end the uncertainty the fans may have had about the future direction of Newcastle United.

"I know just how important that is to you.

"I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 er, 2009 will be the year in which we drive the club forward together.

"Even when I haven't been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being first to congratulate [manager] er, manager Joe [Kinnear] Chris [Hughton] whenever there's a good result."

Ashley revealed the club had failed to find a suitable buyer. He added: "When I took the decision to put the club up for sale in September May I made a point of saying two things were very important.

"Firstly any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

"And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge. Well, apart from being relegated."

:thup:

Piece of piss.

If the club is taken off the market, and then someone bids for the club, it's not as if Ashley is going to turn around and say "no". Think all it'll mean is Monday is the point where he'll start acting as owner again.

Just in time for pre-season!

Oh. :rolleyes:

If the club is taken off the market it will be interesting to see who is appointed manager, despite the doom mongering I can't see it being Hughton.

7 points out of a possible 9, the lads seem to like him (see: Nolan and Ameobi interviews after Reading), 'great squad', 'good atmosphere in at training ground', plus he has the one thing that works brilliantly in his favour, he's cheap.

Can't see it being anyone else tbh.

If the club is taken off the market, and then someone bids for the club, it's not as if Ashley is going to turn around and say "no". Think all it'll mean is Monday is the point where he'll start acting as owner again.

Why not act as an owner from the off and listen to offers while still maintaing a mesure of professionalism.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Llambias starting to talk in public for the first time, to re-establish communication lines

Its all fitting into place and it stinks

Why not act as an owner from the off and listen to offers while still maintaing a mesure of professionalism.

I guess because when he was actively seeking to sell the club, he couldn't make decisions that prospective buyers would oppose.

Guest Geordiekev

7 points out of a possible 9, the lads seem to like him (see: Nolan and Ameobi interviews after Reading), 'great squad', 'good atmosphere in at training ground', plus he has the one thing that works brilliantly in his favour, he's cheap.

Can't see it being anyone else tbh.

Aye, good laugh in training (able to take the piss and get away with it), in other words a soft touch.. And you nailed it with the cheap comment..

Llambias starting to talk in public for the first time, to re-establish communication lines

Its all fitting into place and it stinks

Ready to try and win us back on board, I hope not and desperatley hope they fook right out of our club..

Guest sicko2ndbest

''We have parties that we are more or less at the signing stage so it is all about getting money into the bank." DL 20/8/09

He is going to come in for some criticism should the announcement say they are staying on board

Guest antz1uk

what the feck was all that on the radio interview last night then? no deadline etc... how the hell can you go out on a limb and totally contradict what has been said less than 24hrs earlier

they are sooooooo friggin incompetent