The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

Guest neesy111

the problem now is ppl going on their hols, i'm away from the 4th-9th to barcelona and then 11th-13th in doncaster for the races

Harumph... aye, tis the 15th. Suppose the best way of doing it is just for people to say when they're available in August... if August is a bit of an iffy time (understandable, with holidays and whatnot) then we'll think about September.

Personally, i'm free in August until the 26th-30th.

Sorry - being a bit frantic here i know. :blush: Just on such a buzz from today, was so so good.

Guest Heneage

Harumph... aye, tis the 15th. Suppose the best way of doing it is just for people to say when they're available in August... if August is a bit of an iffy time (understandable, with holidays and whatnot) then we'll think about September.

Personally, i'm free in August until the 26th-30th.

Sorry - being a bit frantic here i know. :blush: Just on such a buzz from today, was so so good.

Make a new match thread those interested put their name and unavailable dates down. We pick a weekend from there.

Actually, one thing that summed the reds up this game was Pilko in the second half: 50/50 ball came out and I won it, turned Pilko one way, then ran down the wing with him jostling behind me, turned him inside out again only to find Dino blocking the way, ended up threading the ball over to Ken, where Pilko had suddenly emerged, still battling away (despite being fooked) and eventually won the ball.

If certain Blue Team players had this attitude in the first half, we wouldn't have gone in 3-nil down and facing a dressing down from our stand-in 'coach'

PS: Yorkie, Nixon was captain. He even lost our captain's armband at the end...

Guest Heneage

Actually, one thing that summed the reds up this game was Pilko in the second half: 50/50 ball came out and I won it, turned Pilko one way, then ran down the wing with him jostling behind me, turned him inside out again only to find Dino blocking the way, ended up threading the ball over to Ken, where Pilko had suddenly emerged, still battling away (despite being fooked) and eventually won the ball.

If certain Blue Team players had this attitude in the first half, we wouldn't have gone in 3-nil down and facing a dressing down from our stand-in 'coach'

PS: Yorkie, Nixon was captain. He even lost our captain's armband at the end...

Did no one in the bar have it? Someone' picked that up for sure.

Just wanted to drop this in, cos if i'm honest - as sad as it is - i got a little bit of a buzz out of it. In the pub afterwards, Pilko got ID'd so i went in, went to the same lass that refused to serve him, and got served no probs. Obviously i asked for the same stuff, so she was like "if i see that young lad with this Fosters, he's outta here." Told her the bairn was having the Coke.

Pretty uppity but just a nice little moment for me, really.

:lol:

I've had some pretty generous ratings like, cheers lads.

Well and truly heat-stroked like, i'm fucking ruined.

get a cap,... i got bollocked off stupee for mine, so took it off and got sunburned, not listening to that keegan hater again.

get a cap,... i got bollocked off stupee for mine, so took it off and got sunburned, not listening to that keegan hater again.

...or grow your hair a bit longer.

One of these solutions allows you to head the ball...

...or grow your hair a bit longer.

One of these solutions allows you to head the ball...

not so easy when its thining on top in yr 40s, youll be there one day, Mr Mullet.

Im shit in the air, ala, my attempt when collided with the keeper, i told you this and said I wanted to play on the right of a cf.

Next time I will play behind the front two, as this is where things are breaking down.

or dm..

Btw,the service to the forwards was apalling, think i got 2 pases to my feet in 90 mins, ...some of the passes were 20 yds off target,, to chase down,...not aimed at you stupee more yorkie.

Aye btw stupeedo that part you mentioned where I ran half the pitch to catch you then to slide tackle Ken and win the ball, the problem was I spent about a minute just gasping for air after that :lol:

Aye btw stupeedo that part you mentioned where I ran half the pitch to catch you then to slide tackle Ken and win the ball, the problem was I spent about a minute just gasping for air after that :lol:

Aye, I could tell you were fooked but that was the point I was making...you didn't give up after the first couple of attempts (albeit, you could have chased me all day and still never won the ball O0) - you kept going until you'd seen that the ball was cleared before collapsing for air

I've got a nasty knot in in my right calf. Really sore. It's from the cramp I got in the last five minutes, jumped up for a header and bang, felt like someone  shot me in the leg.

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6.5 - Sometimes good, sometimes sloppy, had a decent game overall.

Neesy: 6.5 - Traitorous former blue, quite annoying to find out that we traded him for Nixon (particularly at HT), had a solid game.

Optimistic Nut: 9.5 - Just on top form, single-handedly kept his side in the lead in the second half.

Neil: 6 - The Beast to NUT's beauty, did the simple things reasonably well.

Dino: 7 - Had a decent game, was knackered after an hour though. Kept Wullie reasonably quiet.

stubrown: 8.5 - Meh.

Pilko: 7 - Turned up for the first time, got involved, won a header (albeit, uncontested). Clearly wanted it.

Wayne: 6.5 - Kept the ball well, passing wasn't that accurate beyond 5 yards tho.

Slim:  6.5 - Didn't really know who this was (AC Milan top?) but if I remember rightly he took the corners for the reds, had a decent game, won a couple of tackles, made a few passes.

dan b: 7 - Quietly effective, always an outlet for his side. Faded in the second half.

Gimp: 6.5 - Didn't see much of him until the second half when he dropped into DM. Scored the second goal but I did wonder why it took so long between the defence crashing into each other and the red team to start celebrating...

NewcastleRocker: 7.5 - Put in a couple of good tackles, slotted in at right back to man-mark Nixon's brother during first half.

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6.5 - Sometimes good, sometimes sloppy, had a decent game overall.

Neesy: 6.5 - Traitorous former blue, quite annoying to find out that we traded him for Nixon (particularly at HT), had a solid game.

Optimistic Nut: 9.5 - Just on top form, single-handedly kept his side in the lead in the second half.

Neil: 6 - The Beast to NUT's beauty, did the simple things reasonably well.

Dino: 7 - Had a decent game, was knackered after an hour though. Kept Wullie reasonably quiet.

stubrown: 8.5 - Meh.

Pilko: 7 - Turned up for the first time, got involved, won a header (albeit, uncontested). Clearly wanted it.

Wayne: 6.5 - Kept the ball well, passing wasn't that accurate beyond 5 yards tho.

Slim:  6.5 - Didn't really know who this was (AC Milan top?) but if I remember rightly he took the corners for the reds, had a decent game, won a couple of tackles, made a few passes.

dan b: 7 - Quietly effective, always an outlet for his side. Faded in the second half.

Gimp: 6.5 - Didn't see much of him until the second half when he dropped into DM. Scored the second goal but I did wonder why it took so long between the defence crashing into each other and the red team to start celebrating...

NewcastleRocker: 7.5 - Put in a couple of good tackles, slotted in at right back to man-mark Nixon's brother during first half.

Did fuck all in the second half tbh. I blame everyone else (apart from Stu, as when he passed it forward, we had chances).

Worst Player: Gimp. Get up, man

WTf the fuck I went over on my ankle as my foot got stuck in the 3 G pitch but my momentum carried my body over the top of it.