The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

Did I miss all of this Slim-action?? Sorry if he played a key role on Sunday but I'm still a bit confused as to who you're talking about..??

No, he just took some shots at me in the warmup and I swear I've never seen anyone strike the ball with such power, shame he didn't use it in the match.

Slim looked a good player actually, even if he got megged by a carthorse like me. :razz:  He was down the left hand side all game and the Reds attacked more narrowly (given we had a deep defense and a high midfield, loadsa space in the middle of the park) - so Slim didn't see too much of the ball in the second half especially. That's how i saw it anyway (given i was 'marking' him)...

How long did the Reds have 12 for? I notice when Stu brough up they just ignored him.  :lol:

We didn't have 12 men, NR was at the side of the pitch in his red shirt.

Nah I thought we had 12 but I was just confused. I thought it was the person who hit the ball over the fence who went to get the ball but it was the sub who did so there were only 11.

Hey, blues, we know the truth - take some comfort/pride in the fact that they played the majority of the second half with an extra man and we still won it 1-0.

Let that help you crawl out of the pit of shame that our first half display dragged us into...

Guest neesy111

spanked the bar and ON made a goal-saving challenge. there's level scores right there without going near any half-chances/mis-hit shots etc

yeah well but it's all about shots on target and the keeper didn't have much to do, while we still had a number of 1 on 1's 2nd half

spanked the bar and ON made a goal-saving challenge. there's level scores right there without going near any half-chances/mis-hit shots etc

yeah well but it's all about shots on target and the keeper didn't have much to do, while we still had a number of 1 on 1's 2nd half

none were mine fyi... I was more of a creative FORCE... If I get a sitter, it'll end up in the net... ROCKER  :laugh:

if it's about shots on target, I recall NSG making one save against Rocker in the 2nd half. claimed a few crosses...

He didn't claim any crosses! Gimp completely missed the ball once on one attempted header and Rocker decided to do a reverse 180 pirouette on another header attempt, rather than the more standard 'head ball towards goal' technique (Which NSG "saved", if you can really call it that).

Hey, blues, we know the truth - take some comfort/pride in the fact that they played the majority of the second half with an extra man and we still won it 1-0.

Let that help you crawl out of the pit of shame that our first half display dragged us into...

they juast caught us cold stupee, once we gained our composure,.. we won 1-0.

they juast caught us cold stupee, once we gained our composure,.. we won 1-0.

Yes, thats right we had no chances in the second half whatsoever, it was wave after wave of attacking football from the blues, for a second I thought it was Everrton from the 80s.

Not.

All I know is if I am not as good a keeper as NSG (which I am not), how did we win 3-1 if you had more chances and the blues are the better side.

yous were lucky

All I know is if I am not as good a keeper as NSG (which I am not), how did we win 3-1 if you had more chances and the blues are the better side.

yous were lucky

yous were shite tbh.  Without Stupeedo you would have been caned, mainly because of StuBrown and Nut.

yous were lucky

yous were shite tbh.  Without Stupeedo you would have been caned, mainly because of StuBrown and Nut.

without stu brown you would have been caned, works both ways

Guest Heneage

yous were lucky

yous were s**** tbh.  Without Stupeedo you would have been caned, mainly because of StuBrown and Nut.

That's ridculous tbh, KenDahl, Gaz, and Stu's mate all put in very good shifts. Had you not had Stubrown you'd not have won.