The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

What's this rumour about Nixon requesting a transfer to the Red Team?

Someone in the pub said that he'd been given a free transfer after the match??

Again?!?!?!

Impossible I'm afraid he signed a 10 match contract with the blues.

who negotiated that, freddy shepherd?

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6.5 - Good stops but a few iffy moments

Neesy: 7 - One of the few people who knows how to SHOUT and generally good performance at RB

Optimistic Nut: 10 - Could've lost without him tbh

Neil: 7.5 - Rio Ferdinand but alot worse at football

Dino: 7.5 - Improved alot as game went on

stubrown: 8.5 - By far the most talented footballer on the reds

Pilko: 7 - Played well when IN POSITION

stu browns mate (england top): 6 - Didn't have the PASSION that the rest of the reds had

Slim: 7

dan b: 8 - Amazing linking play by an exceptionally sexy footballer

Gimp: 7

NewcastleRocker: 2 - AWFUL header.

BLUES (less in formation, apologies)

NSG/Nick: 6.5 - Rushed out well in general, but rounded by the gimp...

Prophet: 7 - Better at DM then LB imo.

Nicks mate (big guy!): 6.5 - Was alright, but aint got nothing on the nut

Ken Dahl: 7 - Alot better im mf

stupeedo: 7.5 - seemed to control anything the blues mustered up. (not a huge compliment...)

Nixon: 7 - seven cos of assist, but chu aint no LB

Nixon's bro: 7 - learning trade etc

cp40: 6.5 - no sign of that venomous shot

Wullie: 6.5

Yorkie: 7

"James" (not sure if that was someone else, sorry): Divvn't nah

-----------

The Ref: 6.5 did fuck all.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Ouch. erm... lets go with CP40, cos he said he was gonna cripple me or something shit like that.

Most Improved Player ON vs Dino.

Man of the Match ON

Tackle of the Match Rocker to set up goal

Shot of the match Stu goal

Block of the match shit award

Pass of the match my assist. fuck you all.

Sportsmanship award me. now fuck off.

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Neesy: 7 - One of the few people who knows how to SHOUT and generally good performance at RB

stu browns mate (england top): 6 - Didn't have the PASSION that the rest of the reds had

stupeedo: 7.5 - seemed to control anything the blues mustered up. (not a huge compliment...)

-----------

The Ref: 6.5 did f*** all.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Ouch. erm... lets go with CP40, cos he said he was gonna cripple me or something s*** like that.

Man of the Match ON

Block of the match s*** award

Pass of the match my assist. f*** you all.

Sportsmanship award me. now f*** off.

CP40 done nothing the whole game and is only .5 worse them me.  Jeezuz!

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

-----------

The Ref: 6.5 did fuck all.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Ouch. erm... lets go with CP40, cos he said he was gonna cripple me or something shit like that.

Man of the Match ON

Block of the match shit award

Pass of the match my assist. fuck you all.

Sportsmanship award me. now fuck off.

would have done, but i missed you,..did you play today??

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

-----------

The Ref: 6.5 did f*** all.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Ouch. erm... lets go with CP40, cos he said he was gonna cripple me or something s*** like that.

Man of the Match ON

Block of the match s*** award

Pass of the match my assist. f*** you all.

Sportsmanship award me. now f*** off.

CP40 done nothing the whole game and is only .5 worse them me.  Jeezuz!

I was being kind with their ratings tbh. Consider a blue rating at least 1.5 points lower than it really was.

btw, for those of you doing player ratings "James" was my mate on the blue team, started off in CM (altho he drifted to the right quite a bit) but played CB in the second half. Had a decent game, I should have probably put him in defence to begin with - apologies Ken.

Impossible I'm afraid he signed a 10 match contract with the blues.

who negotiated that, freddy shepherd?

Naa Mike Ashley thought he'd start dabbling in transfer proceedings too as he's been so amazing at everything else he's put his mind to.

Once a red, always a blue. ;)

Thought that was a good game today actually. Thought it was very even and was only the difference in finishing that won it.

Thought that was a good game today actually. Thought it was very even and was only the difference in finishing that won it.

Not even that mate, your tackling stopped us before we could pull the trigger...I keep replaying that 1-2 with Wullie and still can't work out how you managed to sweep your leg around to take the ball (granted, your following leg took me out but you'd already won the ball IMO)...one of the best tackles that I've ever witnessed. Thought I'd done enough to take the ball away from you :(

Also, on the subject of finishing, when Gambling Gorilla was giving away free chances to Wullie and CP40...what the hell was going on? how did we not score?!!? a couple of chances in the first half spring to mind!

Guest Heneage

to be fair to Dan, mini-Nixon, he was playing with a broken toe

He told me that on the train home, he said he didn't want to say anything because he thought I wouldn't let him play.

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6.5 - Not at fault for the goal, claimed it well, one or two poor kicks, but the lads ankle was ruined.

Neesy: 7 - Slotted in at right back well, was getting doubled up in the second half though.

Optimistic Nut: 10 - Sebastian Bassong

Neil: 7 - Few air kicks, but very solid at the back, good game.

Dino: 7. - Was miles better than last time, didn't get overan, good game.

stubrown: 8.5 - Great with the ball at his feet, kept our morale and shape intact.

Pilko: 7 - Did really well at DM to be honest, needs to have a bit more aggression at times.

stu browns mate (england top): 7- Kicked off at one point because a pass didnt reach me, but was confident on the ball.

Slim: 7.5- When switched to CM was great, likes getting stuck in, too.

dan b: 1.8 - Woeful crossing and ran round like a headless chicken.

Gimp: 7.5- Hardworker and cracking goal. Injured at one point.

NewcastleRocker: 7- Ran around a bit, got an assist, enjoyed drinking water.

Prophet: 7 - Seemed decent, elbowed me in my throat  :iamatwat:

Nicks mate (big guy!): 7 - Was good was gaz, but was left stranded alot.

stupeedo: 7 - Alot of agression, but good when he got the ball, but wasnt very oftern IIRC.

Nixon: 6 - Didnt know what position he was playing sometimes. Assist though.

Nixon's bro: 6- Nervous on the ball, but expected from a young-un.

cp40: 6.5 - Collision with keeper was all i seen really, other end of the pitch to me.

Wullie: 6.5- Didnt get the service as last time.

Yorkie: 7- Decent game by this fella

Ken (not sure if that was someone else, sorry): Also no idea.

-----------

The Ref: There was a ref?

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: I dont like slating someone, but Nixon was nowhere to be seen at some points.

Most Improved Player ON

Man of the Match ON

Tackle of the Match- Rocker to set up goal

Shot of the match- Stu goal

Block of the match- Pilko's one.

Pass of the match- No idea.

Sportsmanship award- Whoever carried who off.

Also, well done to the Blues who raised their game after HT. Much, much better by everyone.

BLUES

GK Nick (NSG) - 7 - The good, the bad and the downright ugly. Made some cracking saves and kept the reds on the backfoot with quick distribution in the second half, flapped at a couple of corners/crosses, will want to put the second goal behind him asap (first time I've seen him beaten in a 1v1 though)

RB Matt (Yorkie) - 7 - Wins the award for dark horse of the match, half-expected him to be gash (I mean, who plays in specs and not contacts...someone who never plays football, right?!). Started off a bit shaky but clearly just needed to get into the game, had a strong finish to the first half and continued that throughout the second half.  Had so much room at the end that I thought his Mam might turn up and ask why he had been left on his own...

LB Kris (Nixon) [c] - 4.5 - Would have been a 6 or 7 based on his second half performance, but unfortunately for Nixon he didn't seem to start playing until 3-0 down and only 45 minutes left. Got an assist which he'll no doubt bang on about, but he shouldn't let that mask his poor attitude. Didn't want to play CM, fair enough, but needs to switch with someone else instead of buggering off up front. Didn't want to pass to his team-mates once he'd beaten the third man, but needs to man up and accept that he made the wrong choice instead of whingeing like a girl, trying to justify himself, while the opposition go up the other end with the ball.

CB Gav (NSG's mate) - 6.5 - Had a solid game, decent distribution but drops marks, along with Ken and NSG, for the second goal howler. Had dan_b in his pocket during the second half (he'd probably fit, too)!

CB James (Stu's mate) - 7 - Started off in midfield before switching to his more natural position at CB for the second half, unsurprisingly, the reds didn't score and the Blue defence looked less likely to concede, although this may have been down to...

DM Ian (The Prophet) - 7.5 - ...who put the brakes on the red midfield when he swapped places with the disintered Nixon during the first half. Crunched his way through the opposition 8 times out of 10, helped raise the game of the Blue team. Would have scored higher but needs to start putting his foot through the ball more.

CM Ken/Tom? (KenDahlTomasson) - 7.5 - Took his goal well, spanked the ball against the bar, helped establish the Blue Team fightback in the second half. Looked shaky at times in central defence as he fluffed his lines clearing it once or twice but put in a good stint in midfield during the second half and deserved his goal.

CM Stu (Stupeedo) - 7 - Far from his best game and struggled to contain the red midfield, on his own at times, during the first half. Was the first player to start running at the defence during the dismal first half, which seemed to inspire a couple of Blues to raise their game. Berated Nixon at HT which seemed to spark a turnaround in the LB's performance.

RWF Wullie (Wullie) - 6.5 - Didn't reach the high standards of the last game, seemed to want too much time in front of goal when gifted a couple of half-chances by their defence/keeper. Started linking up better with his team mates during the second half camping session.

LWF Dan (Nixon's brother) - 6.5 - Was causing the Red Team problems in the first half so they had to move Rocker from attack to RB just to try and contain him. Almost had a golden chance to score at the beginning of the second half but narrowly mistimed his run. Is only 15 and was playing with a broken toe, so he did pretty well. Maybe Brother Nixon put too much weight on his shoulders tho...

CF Lee (CP40) - 6.5 - Kept drifting to the right wing, which wasn't the worst idea but it meant that we were lacking his physical presence in the area for the few crosses we managed to put through. Left his shooting boots at home today but kept fighting until the end, literally at times.

-----------

The Ref: Steve Catchpole - did a good job of letting the game flow and working on his tan. Didn't have any major decisions to make.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Nixon was gash in the first half, although he wasn't really playing football, more avoiding it...CP40 didn't have his best game, neither did I.

Most Improved Player- For all the abuse he received in the last 2 games, Pilko finally showed up and played!

Man of the Match- ON

Tackle of the Match- ON's last ditch tackle on me as I was about to make it 3-2

Shot of the match- Stu Brown's goal, beats KenDahl's crossbar rattler because it actually went in

Block of the match- Rocker's block tackle for the Red's third goal, turned a Blue break (3 v 3) into a Red goal.

Pass of the match- Nixon's assist was canny, as was Wullie's return on our 1-2

Sportsmanship award- Nixon, for letting the Reds play with a man advantage in the first half.

ill will hold my hands up to having a mare today, didnt like the pitch at all...stupeedo,... i was winning leagues as a right winger when you lot wern't born,.. hence the tendency to drift that way, its  my natural game to look for space over the fullbacks shoulder,some canny balls that way, but i coudnt get onto them.i was crap.,..

get us a pitch that hasnt got a 6 inch shagpile.

ankle deep in fking rubber pellets.

The Ref: Steve Catchpole - did a good job of letting the game flow and working on his tan. Didn't have any major decisions to make.

That throw-in decision he made early in the game was one of the weirdest I've seen mind. :lol:

Going to feel brilliant not having to hobble around for the next week like after the last two times.

RWF Wullie (Wullie) - 6.5 - Didn't reach the high standards of the last game, seemed to want too much time in front of goal when gifted a couple of half-chances by their defence/keeper. Started linking up better with his team mates during the second half camping session.

Fair comment, I should have put one of those away. More pleased with my effort in front of goal in the second half, wish I'd been at less of an acute angle with the diving header cos I got good contact on it.