Terry

Cole

RW

Lamps

Barry

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

The unnamed are the three up for grabs IMO.

CB? I don't know. I just don't rate Rio anymore, he's not what he used to be. Green and Lennon for GK and RW atm. SWP should be nowhere near that first team, he just doesn't have it at international level.

GK

Johnson

CB

Terry

Cole

RW

Lamps

Barry

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

CB? I don't know. I just don't rate Rio anymore, he's not what he used to be. Green and Lennon for GK and RW atm. SWP should be nowhere near that first team, he just doesn't have it at international level.

Fucking hell. Heskey.

GK

Johnson

CB

Terry

Cole

RW

Lamps

Barry

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

f***ing hell. Heskey.

Decent to lineup in particular games, but overall he wouldn't be in my first eleven. He just doesn't add as much to the game from what I've seen. Plus he doesn't score enough goals, if we're going to have Rooney in the team, I reckon we need an out-and-out goalscorer.

Defoe is fine as a sub but I've already been on a rant about how important Heskey is. I can't understand how people still can't see it. On another note, I don't think Defoe has done anything more than Bent has to be included.

GK

Johnson

CB

Terry

Cole

RW

Lamps

Barry

Gerrard

Rooney

Defoe

f***ing hell. Heskey.

Decent to lineup in particular games, but overall he wouldn't be in my first eleven. He just doesn't add as much to the game from what I've seen. Plus he doesn't score enough goals, if we're going to have Rooney in the team, I reckon we need an out-and-out goalscorer.

You're kidding me. Heskey in the team makes Rooney much more of an out and out goalscorer, remind me who the top scorer in European qualifying is? He also frees up Gerrard and Lampard by holding up the ball, something that Defoe can't do and Rooney is wasted doing. Which team are the top goalscorers in European qualifying again? Heskey is absolutely essential to our Plan A. Defoe is a very good Plan B, nothing more.

Defoe is fine as a sub but I've already been on a rant about how important Heskey is. I can't understand how people still can't see it. On another note, I don't think Defoe has done anything more than Bent has to be included.

Heskey's role for England is so under rated,I agree.

Rooney isn't an out and out goalscorer? He's the top scorer in the European qualifiers, he has 9 in his list 8 internationals or some crazy shit like that. :lol:

Just because he doesn't get loads for Man United doesn't mean he'll be the same in the England side.

Rooney is England's best player, and the side is rightly specifically tailored to get the best out of him, and the two next best attacking players, Gerrard and Lampard. I can't understand why some people are so keen to have Jermaine fucking Defoe starting they'll sacrifice this new found cohesion.

You are starting to remind me of the Spain of old, that bigged itself up after mauling their qualification groups like that meant something  ;)

It's quite a strange one actually. Personally I don't think this England team is anything special, yet we've underperformed in the past with a better group of players. Just now we have a brilliant manager who is actually picking the best team and not just a set of individuals.

You are starting to remind me of the Spain of old, that bigged itself up after mauling their qualification groups like that meant something  ;)

I'd say most people are only cautiously optimistic at best actually. The last two world cups reams of people were predicting victory, we've been burnt now though. In reality we're a very good team at the moment with an exceptional manager, but I certainly wouldn't have us as anything much more than about a 1 in 8 shot to actually win the world cup.

Thing about international competitions is that they span so little time that are more about form than real class/manager talent.

I don't think Spain's *that* good, but when I look at the classic or modern powerhorses (France, Italy, Germany, Argentina...) most of them seem to be in a transitional state at best, so that gives us a shot. Still Brazil for me, though.

Massive lottery international tournaments. Nobody in their right mind would have predicted an Italy-France final last time, it's pretty much just about who clicks in the tournament provided you're at a decent level. Even the likes of Argentina, currently struggling big time, will have a decent shot at it if they get through. They've got the players, they just need to click.

Massive lottery international tournaments. Nobody in their right mind would have predicted an Italy-France final last time, it's pretty much just about who clicks in the tournament provided you're at a decent level. Even the likes of Argentina, currently struggling big time, will have a decent shot at it if they get through. They've got the players, they just need to click.

Spot on. That's kinda what makes World Cups exciting. I really hope Brazil doesn't win. Nothing against them at all, just too predictable.