The England Thread

Pilko

Struggling to see why Carroll is a good move, like. Fair enough over the last month he's hoyed himself about a bit but jesus, he's looked more or less hopeless for 16 months. Not that Crouch is my favourite player, but certainly has a cracking record for England. Suppose Hodgson might be trying to install the players thatll be with him for his tenure, but then again can see Gerrard included when he really doesn't deserve it.

Jesus, not sure I can bring myself to support an England team with Carroll in, especially up against Cabaye and HBA.

Along with Johnson and Gerrard as well. Haven't Roy noticed how fucking shit Liverpool have been this season?

I must be missing something with Micah Richards... I think he's absolute class but no manager seems to make him first choice.

Aye, same here. Really don't get it at all.

Gary Neville talked about him a few months ago on the mnf on how he gets lapses in concentration and gets caught out a lot so Mancini can't trust him in big games? Maybe they've picked up on that? Honestly don't know but he can't be any worse then Johnson..

Guest BooBoo

I'll be honest, I'm not remotely interested. Im looking forward to the tournament but England? Nah, sick of them.

Struggling to see why Carroll is a good move, like. Fair enough over the last month he's hoyed himself about a bit but jesus, he's looked more or less hopeless for 16 months. Not that Crouch is my favourite player, but certainly has a cracking record for England. Suppose Hodgson might be trying to install the players thatll be with him for his tenure, but then again can see Gerrard included when he really doesn't deserve it.

i can't see why people can't see it :lol:

we absolutely will not out-football the teams we're going to play so why try?  hodgson should and probably will look to be defensively solid and direct, i'd rather have carroll for that every day of the week

Guest Craig-NUFC

I must be missing something with Micah Richards... I think he's absolute class but no manager seems to make him first choice.

Aye, same here. Really don't get it at all.

Gary Neville talked about him a few months ago on the mnf on how he gets lapses in concentration and gets caught out a lot so Mancini can't trust him in big games? Maybe they've picked up on that? Honestly don't know but he can't be any worse then Johnson..

This. Plus with Neville in the coaching set up, he would have had some say in the selection.

Richards looks good against average opposition because he has the pace and strength to get back, but against a good winger he is likely to be repeatedly caught out positionally, hence Mancini plays Zabaleta.

Basically just sounds like no one like Richards because he's thick as shit.

Despite not playing much for City, I would have had Adam Johnson in there as well. Bit of a wild card that could be useful to throw on if we're chasing a game. Gerrard being there is a fucking piss take.

Hart, Ruddy, Stockdale.

Richards, Jones, Terry, Cahill, Baines, Cole, Smalling.

Walcott, Johnson, Young, Scholes, Lampard, Parker, Lennon, Carrick.

Rooney, Crouch, Welbeck, Sturridge, Defoe.

Would take Jones as he can play a few positions, Carrick as he can keep possession and an extra striker due to Rooneys ban. Not gonna happen like, probably going to be the same old.

Genuinely think we will struggle in our group. France will beat us, we never beat Sweden and Ukraine are a home nation.

Guest NufcBano

This is the best squad:

GK Hart, Forster, Ruddy

RB Johnson, Richards

CB Terry, Cahill, Lescott, Jones

LB Cole

CM Parker, Lampard, Barry/Carrick, Milner, Gerrard

LW Young, A Johnson

RW Walcott, Lennon/Ox-Chamberlain

FW Rooney, Carroll, Welbeck, Sturridge

Dont care about back up keepers.

Terry can Cahill are a genuine partnership, kept a clean sheet v Barca. Lescott or G Johnson can cover for LB, Baines is a waste of a space. Rio isnt good enough, whats with the drama?

Cant decide between Barry/Carrick. Whoever Woy prefers, not bothered.

If Lennon or Adam Johnson dont get in then if its for Oxlade Chamberlain, I wont complain.

Carroll to start first 2 games. Bent isnt fit. Peter Crouch can f*ck off. Holt not good enough.