Toon Ultras 09/10

kane2005

As an outsider the TU come across as being a bit up their own arses, like theyre the only people who make any noise. Perhaps I get a skewed perspective but I can only tell it as I see it.

Perhaps the TU should see if NUSC can provide them with some space on their website in exchange for a bit of web design advice. We all need to work together to drag the club out of the mire, put on a united front.

you say tu are a bit up their own arses then recommend they should join up with nusc?

you couldn't make it up.

Im sorry Fading Star but , I am going to have to 100% agree with wshmag on this one.

I can understand how you would think the TU are stuck up there own arse , but to be honest we have helped alot. Not saying we make the atmosphere but as a group we have contributed largley in my opinion.

I have a lot of time for TU in many ways, but theyre becoming a disruptive element. More concerned with themselves than the greater good. Too quick to cast themselves as better supporters than the rest of us. I hope its just case of a small minority creating false impression, but have to say Im starting to have my doubts.

So here's a chance for both groups to help each other really.

The NUSC could show that they're keen to get an atmosphere in the ground, and the TU can finally get rid of their name, appeal to more supporters, and have a bit of guidance, etc.

As an outsider the TU come across as being a bit up their own arses, like theyre the only people who make any noise. Perhaps I get a skewed perspective but I can only tell it as I see it.

Perhaps the TU should see if NUSC can provide them with some space on their website in exchange for a bit of web design advice. We all need to work together to drag the club out of the mire, put on a united front.

you say tu are a bit up their own arses then recommend they should join up with nusc?

you couldn't make it up.

Im sorry Fading Star but , I am going to have to 100% agree with wshmag on this one.

I can understand how you would think the TU are stuck up there own arse , but to be honest we have helped alot. Not saying we make the atmosphere but as a group we have contributed largley in my opinion.

I have a lot of time for TU in many ways, but theyre becoming a disruptive element. More concerned with themselves than the greater good. Too quick to cast themselves as better supporters than the rest of us. I hope its just case of a small minority creating false impression, but have to say Im starting to have my doubts.

The NUSC could show that they're keen to get an atmosphere in the ground, and the TU can finally get rid of their name, appeal to more supporters, and have a bit of guidance, etc.

I agree,  it was something i suggested months ago, much better for 2 groups to join together.

Guest fading star

Didn't NUSC have a meeting with board members as well?

No, they invited themselves to the supporters panel.

They have though started to develop a good relationship with the media, provided an alternative voice to the goons who perform for the cameras. That in itself is of more value than anything TU have achieved. They also have a established plan to give the supporters real representation, and have been reaching out to the community.

TU by comparison are an insular group with no interest in anything but themselves. It used to be about bringing back the noise, now it’s all about how much noise they think they make.

I don’t want to slag off TU, but their hostility towards other supporters leaves me with no option other than to highlight their failings.

Guest fading star

As an outsider the TU come across as being a bit up their own arses, like they’re the only people who make any noise. Perhaps I get a skewed perspective but I can only tell it as I see it.

you couldn't make it up.

I have a lot of time for TU in many ways, but they’re becoming a disruptive element. More concerned with themselves than the greater good. Too quick to cast themselves as better supporters than the rest of us. I hope it’s just case of a small minority creating false impression, but have to say I’m starting to have my doubts.

I wasn’t suggesting they were absorbed by NUSC, but yes there might be an opportunity for them to help each other out.

For NUSC it might be a good way of shaking off the misconception they’re just a protest group, and for TU it would remove the need to fund a web presence. They’re could be more scope for co-operation. NUSC might be able to able to fund the production of some banners etc for example, but the starting point is some mutual respect and to the best of my knowledge I’ve never heard NUSC slag of the ultras.

you couldn't make it up.

I wasnt suggesting they were absorbed by NUSC, but yes there might be an opportunity for them to help each other out.

For NUSC it might be a good way of shaking off the misconception theyre just a protest group, and for TU it would remove the need to fund a web presence. Theyre could be more scope for co-operation. NUSC might be able to able to fund the production of some banners etc for example, but the starting point is some mutual respect and to the best of my knowledge Ive never heard NUSC slag of the ultras.

You seem rather biased towards NUSC if i'm honest.

Guest Brummiemag

I'm an NUSC member and I think it would be great if TU worked together/joined up with NUSC.

Fucking hell we have enough enemies, why do so many people seen to want to have a go at either or both groups when at the end of the day they both consist of genuine fans who want to do the best for the club?

Shouldn't have called themselves Ultras. I know you don't want the jibes etc, but it immediately made people cautious of associating with you. I reckon if that hadn't happened, you'd have a much greater populous.

Anyway, that aside, I love the atmosphere in L7 around Ultraville. So much so that I would much prefer to sit there than sit milburn centre etc. Whats the point in having the best view in the world if I cant call the ref a cunt every 3 seconds without feeling self conscious.

Guest fading star

As an outsider the TU come across as being a bit up their own arses, like they’re the only people who make any noise. Perhaps I get a skewed perspective but I can only tell it as I see it.

you couldn't make it up.

I have a lot of time for TU in many ways, but they’re becoming a disruptive element. More concerned with themselves than the greater good. Too quick to cast themselves as better supporters than the rest of us. I hope it’s just case of a small minority creating false impression, but have to say I’m starting to have my doubts.

I wasn’t suggesting they were absorbed by NUSC, but yes there might be an opportunity for them to help each other out.

For NUSC it might be a good way of shaking off the misconception they’re just a protest group, and for TU it would remove the need to fund a web presence. They’re could be more scope for co-operation. NUSC might be able to able to fund the production of some banners etc for example, but the starting point is some mutual respect and to the best of my knowledge I’ve never heard NUSC slag of the ultras.

You seem rather biased towards NUSC if i'm honest.

Nahh, I can only assume that’s your own prejudice shining through.

Guest foreverer

Shouldn't have called themselves Ultras. I know you don't want the jibes etc, but it immediately made people cautious of associating with you. I reckon if that hadn't happened, you'd have a much greater populous.

Anyway, that aside, I love the atmosphere in L7 around Ultraville. So much so that I would much prefer to sit there than sit milburn centre etc. Whats the point in having the best view in the world if I cant call the ref a c*** every 3 seconds without feeling self conscious.

They should of called themselves ultras if they really were ultras. They are just an singing group, they haven't done any big tifos or anything.

That was said from pretty much day one, I remember many saying so on here. Shot themselves in the foot with that, unfortunately.

That said if they've been in the Leazes corner this year thay've made a decent noise.  Fook me, I've tried to sing in the East Stand and on the Milburn Balcony and it's like an indictable offence.

Guest WashyGeordie

Anyway, that aside, I love the atmosphere in L7 around Ultraville. So much so that I would much prefer to sit there than sit milburn centre etc. Whats the point in having the best view in the world if I cant call the ref a c*** every 3 seconds without feeling self conscious.

They should of called themselves ultras if they really were ultras. They are just an singing group, they haven't done any big tifos or anything.

Yet.

Guest toonlass

I have and absolute heater of a banner for next years Toon Ultras, hollaer if interested.

Be canny for the winter fixtures

:lol:

I am coming around to the idea however still not 100%.  If I get a vote in everything that is done with the money, i.e. if money is to be spent on a banner or a display I would like a vote.

This idea could easily work, but until the above is properly announced I won't be paying a fiver, as then I will be paying a fiver to view a forum I have been able to view free for years.

Joining with NUSC in my opinion is not the best idea, nothing against them but they are two seperate groups with slightly different aims.  The name Ultras however I  do agree with needs changing which I am sure many of you may know has been discussed previously.  What to change it to and how to go about it has not been discussed to my knowledge.

PS:  I am not a charva, charva tend not to graduate from uni ;)

• 4 months later...
Guest WashyGeordie

Didn't know where to put this.

But we're going have a footy tourno on Sat @ Westgate, 1pm.

It's roughly £2.50 per player, and a max. of 8 players per team.

The main idea is to raise money for TU, however I just thought I'd ask on here if anyone would be interested in entering a team?

Cheers in advance, Dominic.

Guest SupermacTheLegend

I Sat there for the Doncaster Match and the further you get to the back, the more kids and chavs, me and my mate sat in ROW L which was in the middle kinda, and there was some amazing banter from older fans around 20-45, Amazing chants aswell, loved it! getting my season ticket there next season!

So what do you get for a fiver? Access to the Toon Ultras website? Not worth it imo. And if half of the people are moving to the Strawberry corner what happens if you donate a fiver and the displays are not in the end you stand in? Which Ultras are moving to the Strawberry Corner, cos I would have thought that making the Leazes corner louder and better than last year would have been a better idea than dividing the number of people willing to sing and chant?

Were you under the impression running a website costs nothing?

I agree the split seems a bit farcical like.

No, cos I have contributed to the Ultras website fund before, just as I contributed to the fund for this website to move. I have also contributed banners to the Ultras.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2uib240.jpg