The 2009-2010 Betting Thread

Kaizero

You can return the favour by having Everton actually winning when I bet on them next season. Only Wigan fucked me over more times this season than you guys.

Depends what games you bet on us as to whether I reckon you have a fair case for being annoyed.  :shifty:

Did you bet on Wigan regularly?  :nope:

You can return the favour by having Everton actually winning when I bet on them next season. Only Wigan fucked me over more times this season than you guys.

Depends what games you bet on us as to whether I reckon you have a fair case for being annoyed.  :shifty:

Did you bet on Wigan regularly?  :nope:

I didn't often back Wigan, but they didn't even the courtesy of losing when I bet against them. Pricks.

Got a stupid random 5-way accy on, won 3 of em and there's a match later on and one tomorrow.  I was backing the home team here, got lucky:

Albinoleffe [3 - 2] Salernitana

62' [0 - 1] F. Dionisi (pen.)

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

90' [3 - 2] M. Cellini (pen.)

Got a stupid random 5-way accy on, won 3 of em and there's a match later on and one tomorrow.  I was backing the home team here, got lucky:

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

surely not the A.Capone ?

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

How is that lucky?

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

How is that lucky?

They were 2 nil down, won 3-2 perhaps.

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

How is that lucky?

Well yeah, they were 2-0 down on 80 minutes and I'd written it off.  Rapid Bucharest won in injury time for me as well.

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

How is that lucky?

It was a good comeback, doesn't mean it's lucky, the game lasts 90mins + stoppages, so the time is not the issue, maybe the 2 goals for the away team were lucky to go in? Maybe the first penalty should not have been given? Would they still have been 'lucky' then? No.

I didn't see the match so I can't say for certain but they probably weren't lucky, they are the stronger team in general playing at home and came through a tough match, not through luck (unless the goals were genuinely lucky).

People seem all too keen to label late goals as luck when most of the time it just isn't luck, unless it is genuinely a lucky goal that could happen at any point in the game.

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

How is that lucky?

It was a good comeback, doesn't mean it's lucky, the game lasts 90mins + stoppages, so the time is not the issue, maybe the 2 goals for the away team were lucky to go in? Maybe the first penalty should not have been given? Would they still have been 'lucky' then? No.

I didn't see the match so I can't say for certain but they probably weren't lucky, they are the stronger team in general playing at home and came through a tough match, not through luck (unless the goals were genuinely lucky).

People seem all too keen to label late goals as luck when most of the time it just isn't luck, unless it is genuinely a lucky goal that could happen at any point in the game.

I think he's reffering more towards it being lucky for him that a team he had no knowledge of managed to turn around their game in the last ten minutes, winning him his bet, rather than any luck factor for any of the two teams involved as he wasn't even watching the game.

Lucky for him does not equal "the team playing got lucky".

Got a stupid random 5-way accy on, won 3 of em and there's a match later on and one tomorrow. I was backing the home team here, got lucky:

64' [0 - 2] A. Capone

80' [1 - 2] S. Laner

85' [2 - 2] F. Ruopolo

How is that lucky?

:lol: Are you for real?

I think it's fair enough to say (in betting terms) I felt quite lucky that the result came off for me. As mentioned above I'd given it up when they were 2-0 down with ten minutes left. To someone making a bet that feels like a stroke of luck. Wasn't making any kind of wider level point on some random team in Serie fucking B ffs. :lol: Or football as a whole.  It's the betting thread.

It shouldn't feel like luck though, at 2-0 down at home to by far the worst team in the league you have every right to feel unlucky, but you shouldn't feel lucky that they eventually beat a vastly inferior team at home.

Ah reet, you've convinced me.  Wasn't luck, it was skill.

Do you honestly not get the concept?  Regardless of the disparity in ability between any 2 given teams, it's a highly unusual event for a side to overturn a two goal lead with ten minutes left and actually win the match.  When you're betting every week you realise how little things like that happen, hence the reason I felt lucky.  I can't believe I'm actually having to break down this point. :lol:

Do you honestly not get the concept?  Regardless of the disparity in ability between any 2 given teams, it's a highly unusual event for a side to overturn a two goal lead with ten minutes left and actually win the match.  When you're betting every week you realise how little things like that happen, hence the reason I felt lucky.  I can't believe I'm actually having to break down this point. :lol:

I can't believe it either, honestly :lol:'ing for real here. :lol:

I find it quite funny that you are trying to educate me in probability/sports/betting when I make my living at this point in time from betting and trading, although you weren't to know, it's not great to make assumptions.

My experience has told me that bets are never over until they are over, I don't consider normal late goals that go against me bad luck and I don't consider late goals that go for me good luck, maybe I have just successfully managed to remove emotions like that from betting through some fantastically good and terribly bad experiences.

All I'm saying is that part time betters and general football fans see late goals and just think "that's lucky", when in reality they have no clue whether it is lucky or not.

Ah reet, you've convinced me. Wasn't luck, it was skill.

Do you honestly not get the concept? Regardless of the disparity in ability between any 2 given teams, it's a highly unusual event for a side to overturn a two goal lead with ten minutes left and actually win the match. When you're betting every week you realise how little things like that happen, hence the reason I felt lucky. I can't believe I'm actually having to break down this point. :lol:

I find it quite funny that you are trying to educate me in probability/sports/betting when I make my living at this point in time from betting and trading, although you weren't to know, it's not great to make assumptions.

My experience has told me that bets are never over until they are over, I don't consider normal late goals that go against me bad luck and I don't consider late goals that go for me good luck, maybe I have just successfully managed to remove emotions like that from betting through some fantastically good and terribly bad experiences.

All I'm saying is that part time betters and general football fans see late goals and just think "that's lucky", when in reality they have no clue whether it is lucky or not.

Jesus. Areet then Probability Pedro - how often do you see a team turn around a 2 goal deficit in the last ten minutes? Further, what do you reckon the in-play odds on a home win were on 80 mins? 20/1? 30/1? Higher?  Who knows, but they were high because it was unlikely. It doesn't happen very often.

You seem annoyed I used the word lucky. I'm making no comment on teams scoring in the closing stages and calling it luck. Play til the end, it's a huge part of the game. But I felt lucky as a gambler that they overturned that deficit. I still can't decide if you're on the wind-up.

Off to bed anyway man, gutted cos I'm vaguely entertained here.  Never mind. :lol:

Imagine a bookmakers giving you evens in them circumstances man, f***ing hell.

I would love someone to have taken my Evns, though I would have been very unlucky to lose. :lol:

What the hell are you lads on about?  :lol:

Actually, slightly linked to this is when you hear a commentator describe how a great shot from distance smashes against was "so unlucky". Eh? No it wasn't unlucky whatsoever, it didn't go in plain and simple. Great attempt perhaps but hardly unlucky.

Right I'm rambling myself now, ffs.  :lol: Pleasing win tonight, Helsingborgs had me going but relieved they pulled through. Now, how to piss those winnings up the wall...

Minimum of 10-1 on any 6 World Cup group winners with William Hill.

i do that nearly every major tournament and theres always at least fucks it up.

instead i've gone england/holland/brazil/spain to win their groups and germany/italy to qualify from theirs.

forest to qualify tonight at 1.92.