BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

NUFC.com

spot on with their assessment of shepherd coming back, an utter disaster waiting to happen

IMO this last stunt from Ashley (choosing to put the club up for sale at exactly the wrong time) has relegated him into a different league of incompetence to Shepherd.  I'd prefer someone else in the long run obviously.  But Shepherd does have his plus points looking at things in a short term view and he may end up as our only option (we need things sorted now not next month!).  I just hope if he does come in that he won't actually own the club himself.

Guest neesy111

As big a disaster as getting relegated to the Championship? Doubt it.

:facepalm:

:dontknow:

i've discussed this earlier in the thread, don't want to argue with other's again

Don't think the fact we've just been through one disaster should make us welcome the next one!

The next disaster would be to end up going into the new season with a 60m pound wage bill, a squad full of uninterested want away wasters and no manager.  Shepherd coming back is like a trip to Amsterdam with 5 grand spending money in comparison, sad but true IMO.

Don't think the fact we've just been through one disaster should make us welcome the next one!

The next disaster would be to end up going into the new season with a 60m pound wage bill, a squad full of uninterested want away wasters and no manager.  Shepherd coming back is like a trip to Amsterdam with 5 grand spending money in comparison, sad but true IMO.

Well that's a different disaster.

For what it's worth if it is a straight choice between the status quo and FS then obviously we have to hope this deal goes through. I just hope it isn't as clear cut as that, and someone else emerges. Or failing that, that Shepherd is just a front man for this consortium and they have a lot more intelligence and wealth behind them.

My opinion on Shepherd hasn't changed one iota, it was his mis-management of the club and jobs for the boys which left us in such a poor state in the first place. But that doesn't mean I won't welcome him back. He might have been thick but he never lacked ambition, and I know he'll have a good go at getting the club back in the top flight, something which Cockney Wanka wouldn't even begin to contemplate.

My opinion on Shepherd hasn't changed one iota, it was his mis-management of the club and jobs for the boys which left us in such a poor state in the first place. But that doesn't mean I won't welcome him back. He might have been thick but he never lacked ambition, and I know he'll have a good go at getting the club back in the top flight, something which Cockney Wanka wouldn't even begin to contemplate.

:thup:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Positive

Shepherd has learned from his mistakes

Negative

Shepherd is a one trick pony

Looking at the poll I am quite surprised that 35% are so set against Shepherd. Despite his obvious flaws he's clearly got more to offer than Ashley, and if the other consortiums won't beat Shepherd's offer what does that say about them? Who's to say they won't be even tighter than Ashley? At least with Shepherd you know he will have a go.

Looking at the poll I am quite surprised that 35% are so set against Shepherd. Despite his obvious flaws he's clearly got more to offer than Ashley, and if the other consortiums won't beat Shepherd's offer what does that say about them? Who's to say they won't be even tighter than Ashley? At least with Shepherd you know he will have a go.

Exactly. Shepherd may have his bad points but I think at the moment, it's a good calculated risk from our point of view getting him in with this consortium.

Guest fading star

Exactly. Shepherd may have his bad points but I think at the moment, it's a good calculated risk from our point of view getting him in with this consortium.

Agreed.  Whatever the future holds it won’t arrive until Ashley has gone. Until then the club will continue to rot away. If Shepherd has learnt from his mistakes he’s good a choice - knows the business and gives a shit about the club. If he hasn’t learnt from his mistakes NUFC will go bust, but that’s where were heading under Ashley anyway.

Whoever buys the club it won’t happen soon. The world’s most complicated business transaction looms.

'Ambition' seems a key word here and a main reason why people are willing to contemplate FFS's return; something NE5 used very regularly and got laughed off the forums for and now its the buzz word, the justification.

Strange the way things turn out.

I'd take Shep back any day.  Its really the only hope we have right now isn't it?

Those content waiting, how long would you wait? Ashley IS NOT going to do a single thing with this club until it is sold, what if we sold 1 week before the start of season, our team has been picked apart and sold up for peanuts, we lost men like Beye and Taylor, and feilding the likes of Ameobi in our starting 11. We'll set ourselves up for further pain, heartache and laughter. Perhaps dropping another divison.

FS has amition, albeit in the past some blinded and risky ambition/shady dealings, but for god's sake I can't even sit and read about more speculation week over week, this is draining the life out of me.

Guest Jungle Barry

I'd take Shep back any day.  Its really the only hope we have right now isn't it?

Those content waiting, how long would you wait? Ashley IS NOT going to do a single thing with this club until it is sold, what if we sold 1 week before the start of season, our team has been picked apart and sold up for peanuts, we lost men like Beye and Taylor, and feilding the likes of Ameobi in our starting 11. We'll set ourselves up for further pain, heartache and laughter. Perhaps dropping another divison.

FS has amition, albeit in the past some blinded and risky ambition/shady dealings, but for god's sake I can't even sit and read about more speculation week over week, this is draining the life out of me.

Agreed, if shepherd is how it has to be then thats how it has to be but this nightmare needs to be put to bed ASAP.

i just want this sorted dont mind who it is because i cant imagine anyone could screw up as bad as MA. if its FS who comes back then brill we need to get right behind whoever it is and move forward from the sorry state the club is in right now

i just want this sorted dont mind who it is because i cant imagine anyone could screw up as bad as MA. if its FS who comes back then brill we need to get right behind whoever it is and move forward from the sorry state the club is in right now

Im tired as f**k seeing these dozens of embarressing articles day in and day out. This needs immediate stopping FFS.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Shepherd and Shearer would work.

Shepherd loves big Al as much as the terrace fan, and would give him complete and utter control on football matters. Shepherd knows Shearers value to club financially and emotionally and would give him all of the tools he requires to be succesful

I am extremely excited by a Shearer and Shepherd combo

:fwap:

whats embarressing about it?

Are you joking? How is not embarresing to see we have no manager, the owners dont talk so and so, we have Hughton in charge for hte 19th time....

Thats f*ng embarresing if you ask me. The club is being run by a bunch of idiots and I'm sick of it.