BBC: Freddy Shepherd £60m offer for NUFC likely to be accepted

jimmymag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's being picky because we don't know who the other bidders are.  I'd be much happier with the known quantity of Shepherd considering the position we're in, rather than gambling on someone who could take us down another level.

Well, hell, who's to say Shepherd couldn't take us down? He already took us from a club capable of challenging for a Champions League place to a club paying out some of the highest wages in the league to hang around hopelessly in lower mid-table racking up further debt.

Like I say, he's a known quantity and from that I think he'll at least have us challenging for promotion in my opinion.

It was sticking with Shepherd that got us underachieving mid-table, but it was ending up with a mystery man in charge that no-one thought could be any worse than Shepherd that got us relegated.

Guest Roger Kint

Like I say, he's a known quantity and from that I think he'll at least have us challenging for promotion in my opinion.

It was sticking with Shepherd that got us underachieving mid-table, but it was ending up with a mystery man in charge that no-one thought could be any worse than Shepherd that got us relegated.

What if Shepherd doesnt get us promoted though, will he have the funds to survive a second season down, we could be financially cabbaged by the time he gets us up? :undecided:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

I think Fat Fred is the best we can get. The last thing we need is a owner who know nothing about football and Newcastle United.

Guest Roger Kint

I think Fat Fred is the best we can get. The last thing we need is a owner who know nothing about football and Newcastle United.

How do you know thats the alternative? Theres plenty of recent owners with no experience of the actual clubs or football that are running them right. You cant tarr everyone with Ashleys brush to be fair.

We don't have any choice but to borrow.

If you balance the books, sell all of your players and replace them with cheap Championship substitutes chances are you will stay in the second tier. And when that happens, fans stop turning up because they see a club without any ambition, languishing in the Championship. And when fans stop turning up, revenues plummet, and pretty soon you find yourself balancing the books all over again, and sliding down the league. After two years the parachute payments disappear and it's a long way back then.

Anybody who thinks we can get out of this trouble without resorting to a bank loan isn't being realistic. There are no sugar daddy's ready to buy us, they'd have bought us ages ago and met the asking price with ease. Freddy is as good as it's going to get, and longer the club fannies around the deeper we sink. We're neck deep in it at the minute. I'd have thought this is obvious, but an alarming number of people seem happy to wait around even longer.

The only realistic way out of this viscious cycle is money coming in from outside the club. Whether that's from a rich man's pocket or Freddy loaning from the bank, we'll be f*cked without it. We are well capable of getting back up within a year, provided there's a bit of investment. Look at the teams the mackems have come up with, dross all over the pitch.

:facepalm:

Even as we sit ownerless, managerless, squad full of rubbish obscenely paid cloggers, no signings lined up and no clue when all this will be resolved people can assume we will go back up? Now that is bollocks, that level of delusion and arrogance is exactly why most football fans in this country find us soo easy to mock.

As for bookies favourites? When was the last time a team went down and wasnt for gods sake? Difference is most the time they dont need to revant the entire club in the space of a month like us.

Absolutely spot on.

If you balance the books, sell all of your players and replace them with cheap Championship substitutes chances are you will stay in the second tier. And when that happens, fans stop turning up because they see a club without any ambition, languishing in the Championship. And when fans stop turning up, revenues plummet, and pretty soon you find yourself balancing the books all over again, and sliding down the league. After two years the parachute payments disappear and it's a long way back then.

Anybody who thinks we can get out of this trouble without resorting to a bank loan isn't being realistic. There are no sugar daddy's ready to buy us, they'd have bought us ages ago and met the asking price with ease. Freddy is as good as it's going to get, and longer the club fannies around the deeper we sink. We're neck deep in it at the minute. I'd have thought this is obvious, but an alarming number of people seem happy to wait around even longer.

The only realistic way out of this viscious cycle is money coming in from outside the club. Whether that's from a rich man's pocket or Freddy loaning from the bank, we'll be f*cked without it. We are well capable of getting back up within a year, provided there's a bit of investment. Look at the teams the mackems have come up with, dross all over the pitch.

Finally a sane voice. The truth of the matter is, cost-cutting could only work on the premise we stayed in the Premier, in the end this was taken to such an extreme it ended up costing us far more. We do not want any more owners with this niggardly mindset otherwise we are finished.

Finally a sane voice. The truth of the matter is, cost-cutting could only work on the premise we stayed in the Premier, in the end this was taken to such an extreme it ended up costing us far more. We do not want any more owners with this niggardly mindset otherwise we are finished.

Are we/will we be a viable borrower?

Are the banks even lending yet?

Hmm.

Wha'? I thought there were big businesses still unable to get the loans they wanted? Heard it on the radio the other day, anyway. :dontknow:

Are we/will we be a viable borrower?

We don't even know that the prospective buyers will be looking to borrow yet, or if they do, on what terms. The point is, there's still a club here with massive potential if it can be bought at the right price. All i know is that there's not much point in buying it then thinking small.

Guest natolars

I'm no Ashley apologist, but selling the club back to Fat Fred would be like selling our soul to the devil.

It'll come back and haunt us.