NUSC obtain trust status

binnsy

Also the boycotting of games that really doesn't sit well with me when its ultimately boycotting the support of the team. Any Boycotts should have been aimed at the club shops and Mike Ashley's shops, at no point should our support of the team be put to one side, even if it does mean a bit of money into Ashley's pockets.

This is a classic example of what I was saying earlier.

People believing one thing that is actually the total opposite of the truth.

The NUSC has never once called for the boycott of games, in fact we've made it clear from the start that fans should be at the games.

Guest toonlass

Also the boycotting of games that really doesn't sit well with me when its ultimately boycotting the support of the team. Any Boycotts should have been aimed at the club shops and Mike Ashley's shops, at no point should our support of the team be put to one side, even if it does mean a bit of money into Ashley's pockets.

The NUSC has never once called for the boycott of games, in fact we've made it clear from the start that fans should be at the games.

Mark Jensen from The Mag (who if I am not mistaken supports NUSC) was saying stuff about Newcastle fans boycotting their season tickets. I would be interested to know if he has chucked his in, cos I don't think he will have.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Right then, so I stand corrected on that issue.

I'd like to hear on the other issues I've raised though, I'm not totally opposed to people joining the NUSC, just don't think its for me at the moment.

Not sure on the guy from The Mag, don't tend to read the Fanzines that much as they can whip on a frenzy more often then not.

I'm not for or against NUSC, but a reminder might be necessary if people are still thinking otherwise.

Guest toonlass

I'm not for or against NUSC, but a reminder might be necessary if people are still thinking otherwise.

:snod:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:thup:

With regards to representation on the board, there are loads of issues other than manager and player recruitment (which critics seems to focus on), where fans opinions would be positive.  Where you have an owner and MD with little knowledge of the area and history of the football club, I think considering a fans viewpoint would be beneficial at times.

As a side I'm not sure why you seem to be taking this so personally, I never questioned your decision on joining the NUSC, only gave my reasons why I haven't. I gave my reasons on what it would take for me to consider it, which seem to have went without a reply, so I can only assume they're issues the NUSC aren't interested in at the moment.

These things that would make you consider it are what you mentioned earlier? interclub relationships, cheaper tickets, free cup tickets for ST holders, a fight against seat relocation and the online football team?

interclub relationships first then, what would you like to see? how about us creating links with other Supporters Clubs and being heavily involved in the FSF?

Cheaper tickets / free cup tickets - nobody has come to us and said they think this is a priority and frankly I dont think it is for many people, club stability and moving forward is whats more important. Again though, any member is free to raise this as a motion and see what people think.

Fight against seat relocation - Has anyone really been affected by this? again, I dont believe we've had any emails on this subject.

Online football team - You'll have to explain this one to me.

Thanks for the responses Peasepud.

Please don't take what I said as criticism, we'll have to agree to disagree on some things though, I will always see NUSC as a lobby group for instance, and to be honest there is nothing wrong with that, for instance your lobbying against the stewards.

To be honest, since Shearer got appointed NUSC has done well, and if you had been like that since day one, I'd have joined.

The three things mentioned specifically as criticisms by me have been analysed in great detail elsewhere, from my perspective I could have probably overlooked the countdown clock if it was an isolated incident, the Llambias interview made me uneasy that you were reported as talking over other fans, and it worried me that it might affect dealings with the club where NUSC could have a genuine influence.

The worst bit of the lot is the fact that whatever democratic process you have, one of your committee members goes and stands in front of the cameras and speaks out of turn accusing of Ashley of spoiling SBR Day you've lost all my trust for the whole process, as if I was a member that guy would have been speaking for me, and I would have been deeply ashamed.

When NUSC formed, my reaction was to wait and see what it was like, and for the reasons stated, I can't trust NUSC yet. This isn't a criticism though, it is a challenge for NUSC, keep doing what you were doing since Shearer took over, avoid the ultimatums, avoid the heckling, avoid the inappropriate comments and you've earned my membership. If things are all sorted by say October 2010 without any turbulence or change in stance in between you have my promised membership, and if someone like Dave wants to remind me on this to make sure I keep my word, all the better.

By the way, for the website, I am running a 1650x1080 resolution on a Samsung 2032mw which is wired up to my laptop, GeForce 9200M (512mb) through Firefox, hope that helps.

Is there any chance you could get me a screenshot cos it works fine on Firefox. You did mention about colour blind, do you have some visual impairment as to be honest Ive got no idea how the site does look to people with differing sight difficulties. I would however be more than happy to speak to anyone with any kind of visual problem to see what the site does for them and if I can change anything.

By the way, for the website, I am running a 1650x1080 resolution on a Samsung 2032mw which is wired up to my laptop, GeForce 9200M (512mb) through Firefox, hope that helps.

Is there any chance you could get me a screenshot cos it works fine on Firefox. You did mention about colour blind, do you have some visual impairment as to be honest Ive got no idea how the site does look to people with differing sight difficulties. I would however be more than happy to speak to anyone with any kind of visual problem to see what the site does for them and if I can change anything.

I'm off out, but if I haven't sent you a screen by tomorrow, remind me.

I'm not colour blind but I have a minor issue with focus even with glasses, like on N-O now, I'm quite a way from the screen, on your webpage, I'm having to push my head forward and strain my eyes to make the words stand out in the white box in the middle, I can use the website, but maybe others can't which was why I pointed it out. I think there is someone on the forum with eyesight issues perhaps you could track him down, he might be able to give a better assessment.

Right then its about time these fkers did something for the fans and sorted out a march a "WE WANT ACTION, WE WANT SHEARER" march, at least take Al on on a rolling contract until the sale is done kind of deal.

We cannot sit back any longer and just watch this shit go on day after day.

Right then its about time these fkers did something for the fans and sorted out a march a "WE WANT ACTION, WE WANT SHEARER" march, at least take Al on on a rolling contract until the sale is done kind of deal.

We cannot sit back any longer and just watch this s*** go on day after day.

Skirge, i think you're going to have a hear attack soon mate, calm down lad....

by the way,  are you a member of NUSC?  just wondering why you want them to do something when if you feel strongly enough get off your ass and do it yourself!!

We cannot sit back any longer and just watch this s*** go on day after day.

Skirge, i think you're going to have a hear attack soon mate, calm down lad....

by the way,  are you a member of NUSC?  just wondering why you want them to do something when if you feel strongly enough get off your ass and do it yourself!!

This stress really could kill me mate... and no am not a member but the they go on about how good they are, so prove it, mind wont make a fkn difference so we should just wait for the riot to kick off coz its fkn coming man I cna see it.

I think they should develop a changing of the guard type strategy. Each member of the NUSC must take their turn outside Fat Mike's house and at each change of the member or guard they should take a dump on his doorstep.

Should look at getting some of this information on the NUSC website.  What NUSC have achieved and where people might have their wires crossed.

Should look at getting some of this information on the NUSC website.  What NUSC have achieved and where people might have their wires crossed.

To be fair the information on the site fails to mention any of there boycotts at all under past events.

To be fair the information on the site fails to mention any of there boycotts at all under past events.

If they say what they have done in the past, what they are doing at the moment and what their plans are for the future people can at least make an informed decision if they want to join.

I agree with you, I was just saying it's as if they want to distance themselves from any of the boycotts and only want to mention to good stuff. Which is fair enough but like you say they should mention it all really.

If they say what they have done in the past, what they are doing at the moment and what their plans are for the future people can at least make an informed decision if they want to join.

And they'll see more changes in direction than a Tory policy.

(at least the NUSC are on the right track now though...)