Back The Squad In A Revolt ?

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So if one player came onto SSN live to make a statement on behalf the squad, saying how they feel very worried about their futures and the futre of the club and how much they want Shearer as their manager and the club sold as soon as possible.

Could , should we be angry over that?

As if that would ever happen. Remember these are footballers we are talking about here, they don't know the meaning of industrial action or solidarity or any of that. The players will do NOWT, as long as they are getting paid they will moan and bitch about having no manager but that's it. The only time they'll get worried is if the stop getting their enormous and unrealistic wages.

Seems to me that the player talking about a 'player's revolt' is also one who's most vociferous about leaving the club, and possibly has a move with a massive pay rise in the pipeline.

If it is true though, as a few have said here, why would we give a shit about this lot - they didn't give a shit about us and the club or actually earning their wage for the past few years.  Neither did actually having some sort of leadership give them any sort of professional comittment to actually perform.

Guest Phil K

Most of them only want to "revolt" because they want away NOW (like Bassong) it's not for us or Newcastle, it's for THEMSELVES :rant:

F*CK 'EM. They didn't give a sh*t about us or the team last season, they seem to care even less now.

That's the last thing I'd support. Those overpaid cunts striking just because they've got a temporary manager is not sympathy inducing in the slightest. They'll continue not trying very hard and blaming anyone but themselves as always. If they gave the slightest fuck about the fans they'd have put some effort in last season.

Would possibly back it if it was an armed revolt and there was a good chance of some of the money grabbing deadwood having their contracts permenantly voided by the authorities (unless of course there is some clause in there about them getting paid even if they turn up to training full of bullet holes or something).

Would possibly back it if it was an armed revolt and there was a good chance of some of the money grabbing deadwood having their contracts permenantly voided by the authorities (unless of course there is some clause in there about them getting paid even if they turn up to training full of bullet holes or something).

I'd be more in support of it if there was a sporting chance of one of them dying, yes.

I'd be more in support of it if there was a sporting chance of one of them dying, yes.

Just the one?

Just the one?

It's a start.

The players have a right to be heard, but not in the public domain as its only damaging.  I can't see any good developing from it.

I don't back them.  They are paid fucking millions to play football.  They should be thinking about how hard they will be training to get us back up next season and that's it.