If someone offered you 21st place for next season now, would you take it?

thedudeabides

wum

Not at all, I just think that people don't actually appreciate how much s*** (especially financially), we are actually in.

I don't think that's the case.  They are aware of it, it is just in the back of their minds.  Some people just don't like thinking about it and therefore lack a pessimistic imagination.  Delusions about Ameobi scoring 20 goals are nicer, so why bother with reality?  The biggest problem is how the Championship is being comically underestimated. 

Then there are a few who think that expensive players = good players, and will never be shaken from that view point so long as there is a manager (or an interim manager) to blame it on instead.  There is nothing our squad can do to prove their shitness to these poor people, because we will ALWAYS be one managerial appointment away from sorting it all out.

wum

Not at all, I just think that people don't actually appreciate how much s*** (especially financially), we are actually in.

I don't think that's the case.  They are aware of it, it is just in the back of their minds.  Some people just don't like thinking about it and therefore lack a pessimistic imagination.  <b>Delusions about Ameobi scoring 20 goals are nicer, so why bother with reality?</b>  The biggest problem is how the Championship is being comically underestimated. 

Then there are a few who think that expensive players = good players, and will never be shaken from that view point so long as their is a manager (or an interim manager) to blame it on instead.  There is nothing our squad can do to prove their shitness to these poor people, because we will ALWAYS be one managerial appointment away from sorting it all out.

:lol: Much, much nicer.

Hmmm....I'm not sure.

Some see this as a knee-jerk but I beg to differ. I think we will be very lucky to survive a season in the Championship under Ashley's 'stewardship', tbh.

But at this stage I would just take basic survival, yes. I've been thinking about it for longer than just this evening and with the mess (and potential implosion we face) our club is currently in survival is key, obviously.

A long season awaits us...

If we're talking another chapter in the Ashley regime, with Kinnear or someone in that mould at the helm, then i'd say yeah - cos i'm pretty certain we'd have a relegation battle on our hands. Not only cos of the shite management in general, but because we're gonna lose players and won't replace them (anywhere near adequately) with Kinnear as boss.

But there is still time atm. The transfer merry-go-round hasn't really kicked off in our league yet.

As things stand, i'd say we're more likely to go down again than go up - but that doesn't mean i think either will happen.