Absolutely sickening - Robson's charity to foot the bill for charity match

James

Guest toonlass

I saw this earlier and thought it was not good like. But you can't expect Mike Ashley to donate the Stewarding and Policing for the match can you  :cheesy: Its a load of bollox to be fair, shame that Ashley has to get his cut.

Guest toonlass

Bugger it, I am going to chuck a tenna into any collecting tin for Bobby's fund tomorrow to ensure that the charity gets it and Ashley doesn't get his hands on it.

Bugger it, I am going to chuck a tenna into any collecting tin for Bobby's fund tomorrow to ensure that the charity gets it and Ashley doesn't get his hands on it.

Aye, hope there's plenty tins about. I'll be on the drink all day so will be up for throwing a randomly high amount in once I'm pissed :D

Guest toonlass

Aye, hope there's plenty tins about. I'll be on the drink all day so will be up for throwing a randomly high amount in once I'm pissed :D

:snod:

An agreement was reached between the three parties that, following the event, Newcastle United would be reimbursed in relation to the costs it incurs in staging the game i.e. Police, ambulance, stewards etc.

An agreement was reached between the three parties that, following the event, Newcastle United would be reimbursed in relation to the costs it incurs in staging the game i.e. Police, ambulance, stewards etc.

Aye the 3 parties being Toast, The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and the club.

Nowhere does it say Bobby himself is to pay.

Guest toonlass

The foundation does, and that is the shitter, its taking money out of the foundation which could be used to research and treat cancer.

Ultimately it is Bobby Robson's charity missing out on money they would have otherwise received, and therefore it is reasonable to perceive it as Robson footing the bill.

Why are you toontastic people out in force on the windup tonight?

Ridiculous thread title, they're not making him pay it personally ffs.

But yeah, it's a bit naff that the club aren't willing to put this on as a goodwill gesture.

The foundation does, and that is the shitter, its taking money out of the foundation which could be used to research and treat cancer.

pretty sure mostr every charity ie testimonials etc have to pay the costs of policing etc (in most cases for the transport and lodgings of the oppo aswell)

would be worth finding out who paid for shearers testimonial.

Sir Bobby has also kindly agreed to make a donation to the Newcastle United Foundation from the proceeds of Sunday's game.

Think that is the quote that he was looking to post.  I presume the Newcastle United Foundation means Mike Ashleys pocket.

Ultimately it is Bobby Robson's charity missing out on money they would have otherwise received, and therefore it is reasonable to perceive it as Robson footing the bill.

:jesuswept:

What's he said that's wrong like?  ???

Toontastic 'people'? Shaking with rage? You need a long lie down tbh.  :lol:

Not really a wind up, you implied by your title that Robson, personally, was to foot the bill.

Guest toonlass

What's he said that's wrong like?  ???

Toontastic 'people'? Shaking with rage? You need a long lie down tbh.  :lol:

:lol:

Not really a wind up, you implied by your title that Robson, personally, was to foot the bill.

Read Mattyp's post. The statement itself suggests that it is Sir Bobby, by extension, whom is footing the bill.