Fraser Forster joins Brist.. er Norwich City on loan

stozo

Are fans of a League 1 team a good judge of what is top class? If the Championship is anything to go by the standard in League 1 will be miles away from Premiership standard.

I see no reason to sell Forster or Krul. Forster is contracted until June 2014 and Krul is contracted until June 2011 according to: -

http://www.nufc.com/2009-10html/squad.html

Loan one out for next season to a Championship club and have the other one as cover for Harper.

It's not that long ago Norwich fans were watching Premiership football. And to be fair, a good save is a good save at the end of the day. Being able to judge a goalkeeper in more depth ie. positional sense and command of area, has little to do with what level of football your team plays at, more your own knowledge and grasp of the game.

I sort of agree but there's a difference in saving shots from the likes of Rooney, Torres, etc. every week and the shots Forster will face in League 1. I'm not saying Forster won't turn out to be a really good keeper, I'm just saying League 1 is nowhere near the standard of the Championship never mind the Premiership so it's not the best yard stick.

Guest The Enforcer

Aye, I thought you were just saying they wouldn't know, because they watch a lower level of football. Now I know what you mean and I agree. He has to prove himself at a higher level now, but it's great he's taken the first step, much like Carroll has this year (albeit playing for us, but he got lucky with us being relegated, I guess). Whenever I hear about these prospect we have over the years, I much prefer seeing them actually do the business at a decent level and make gradual steps up, rather than making a name for themselves in the youth and reserve teams and failing to make the massive step up from there to our first team.

Well done to him for making the most of the opportunity and lets hope his progress continues.

Guest neesy111

we should give harper next season and that's it

krul and foster are going to be international's imo, the fact arsenal are sniffing around both tell's it own story

Guest palnese

krul and foster are going to be international's imo, the fact arsenal are sniffing around both tell's it own story

Shame there's only room for one of them.

Not necessarily. Wenger is on a par with Fergie when it comes to buying keepers.

I'm not too bothered about whether they're inexperienced, I'm bothered about whether they're the best.

I can understand keeping Harper in if it's tight between them, but if Forster or Krul are significantly better than Harper, then they should be number 1.