Mussie complaints over football song

NG32

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8185209.stm

German football song irks Muslims 

FC Schalke 04 are contenders for the Bundesliga title

An anthem sung by fans of the German football club FC Schalke 04 has drawn protests from Muslims because of its reference to the Prophet Muhammad.

The Gelsenkirchen club, which plays in Germany's top league, the Bundesliga, has asked an Islam expert to consider whether the song might be insulting.

The third verse contains the words: "Muhammad was a prophet who understood nothing about football".

"But of all the lovely colours he chose [schalke's] blue and white," it goes.

The club has received hundreds of e-mails from angry Muslims recently, since Turkish media carried reports about the song.

Police in Gelsenkirchen, in the industrial Ruhr region of western Germany, say they are taking the Muslim complaints very seriously.

The head of Germany's Central Council of Muslims, Aiman Mazyek, said his council would not call for a ban on the anthem, but would like "an explanation of its background".

The song is called "Blue and White, how I love you" and in German the lyrics about Muhammad read: Mohammed war ein Prophet, der vom Fussballspielen nichts versteht. Doch aus all der schoenen Farbenpracht hat er sich das Blau und Weisse ausgedacht.

The German news website Deutsche Welle says the song was written in 1924 and it is not clear when the Muhammad reference made its way in.

:facepalm:

Muhammad was a prophet who understood nothing about football

I would imagine that to be true.

Unless anyone can point out where the offside rule is the Quran

Also because football won't have been invented, pardon my ignorance if thats a stupid comment, i dont know much about religeon

Guest Roger Kint

Prophet Muhammad is gay.

Not at all. Despite them being 12 or 13 he definately went for females ;D

Guest Iron_Duk3

Nothing.

Muslims are far too touchy and militant about this sort of thing. If we as a nominally Christian nation got pissed off about everything that Muslims clerics in the middle east say about us then we wouldn't ever talk about anything else.

The bloody PC brigade are just as much to blame though for kow-towing to this sort of thing. Really yanks my chain.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The head of Germany's Central Council of Muslims, Aiman Mazyek, said his council would not call for a ban on the anthem

There are a lot of Mussies in the form of Turks and others in germany.  An awful lot of resentment against them. Not in the least surprised the Germans would come up with a song that would piss off Mussies. Lets face it, it takes fuck all to offend them its almost like taking candy from a baby.

Anything that makes mussies understand that Mohhammed was a prophet (debatable) nothing more or less is excellent. It's the only way they will learn.

Isn't there any way we can entice a few muslims onto this site in order to be offended? All this seems a bit pointless otherwise.

Im a muslim BUT im on this site cos i support Newcastle United

I suspect as someone has suggested the paper in the OP is the German version of the Daily Mail - love sensationalising things

There probably was a some people complaining BUT making it out as if muslims are up in arms over this is nonsense - also another thing to add is there are reportedly 1 Billion muslims in the world, the actions of a minority (very very small minority) is not representative of all muslims, just like the charva's outside SJP are not representative of newcastle fans

Isn't there any way we can entice a few muslims onto this site in order to be offended? All this seems a bit pointless otherwise.

I suspect as someone has suggested the paper in the OP is the German version of the Daily Mail - love sensationalising things

There probably was a some people complaining BUT making it out as if muslims are up in arms over this is nonsense - also another thing to add is there are reportedly 1 Billion muslims in the world, the actions of a minority (very very small minority) is not representative of all muslims, just like the charva's outside SJP are not representative of newcastle fans

well said.

There are 1.4 billion of you lot.

The minorty of which happen to be very vocal and hold the power of Islam in their hands so that decent folk either have to go along with it or keep schtum (if I might be allowed to use a Yiddish expression around Islamic folks)

They made up this song to piss off Muslims. Pure and simple. Hell they could have picked Jesus who knew nothing about the offside rule.

The minorty of which happen to be very vocal and hold the power of Islam in their hands so that decent folk either have to go along with it or keep schtum (if I might be allowed to use a Yiddish expression around Islamic folks)

They made up this song to piss off Muslims. Pure and simple. Hell they could have picked Jesus who knew nothing about the offside rule.

He didn't need to he was great on the end of a cross.

Well someone had to say it.

and you know this how exactly?

Personally i dont see how its insulting BUT obviously there are some sensitive folk out there - much like the fella on this board who thought Oba could have delayed his move due to SBR passing away

As for the minority being vocal - that sadly is true and it is indeed the responsibility of the majority to combat that BUT its not an easy thing to do since muslims come in different "shapes" and "sizes" - also the media plays an influential role, they love seeking out the mongs like Abu Hamzah and trying to pass of his idiotic thoughts as that of the minority instead of seeking out the more sensible people