On the eve of the new season - dont read if suicidal

Guest dover

Guest dover

So tomorrows the kick off to our new season in the championship, to put to bed the horrors of last season and restore some pride to the toon army. In preperation for this we have:

Sold our two best defenders

Sold our two best strikers

Invested nothing in the squad

Installed Chris "im not a manager" Hughton as...MANAGER

An owner who doesnt want to own and doesnt want to sell

I am fucking livid this morning, fucking livid. YOU FAT FUCKING CUNT MIKE YOU FAT FUCKING CUNT

Guest Roger Kint

Erm, i dont know what people expected, we have a team full of players on prem wages.  It had to be cut.

Did people think we would hold on to some of these players????

This

Even through all the shit we've been through this pre-season I am actually looking forward for tomorrow's game. Yes we are in a shit position but at least for a couple of hours saturday afternoon we can all forget the shit and get on with the reason we support this club and hopefully win a football match!!

Its the lack of pace (deja bloody vu) that concerns me, we literally have no pace in the side and add to that most of our players aren't physically strong/dominant to compensate, I think we are really going to struggle.

I was hoping to have a manager in place by the start of the season at least.  At the minute we're a rudderless ship drifting towards the waterfall.

We had a shit, understrength squad last year with either one or no players to play in key positions and we are in a worse position now we have lost six players (I'm NOT including Cacapa in that) from a threadbare squad, and now news is that Guthrie is out with a hamstring injury, which will probably keep him out for a few games.

Guest Roger Kint

I have full faith our surrender monkeys will try their best tomorrow, if only to enhance their chances of leaving. Shola however.......

Erm, i dont know what people expected, we have a team full of players on prem wages.  It had to be cut.

We still have alot of players on prem wages. Smith, duff etc are going to be here all season on 60k making no impact whatsoever.

We sold martins, also on 60k, who would have atleast scored a few goals. I'd swap both duff and smith for martins back in a second. We've let the wrong players go.

True, we wouldn't have gotten a transfer fee for our midfield shiteaters but who cares, our team would instantly improve without them.

Only club without a manager and only club not to sign anyone I think... Magic :lol:

I've got over anger now, fuck it. I'm going to enjoy this season regardless, can't wait for the day out tomorrow and actually having something tangible to support and follow. Besides, we're guaranteed to get promoted anyway.

We still have alot of players on prem wages. Smith, duff etc are going to be here all season on 60k making no impact whatsoever.

We sold martins, also on 60k, who would have atleast scored a few goals. I'd swap both duff and smith for martins back in a second. We've let the wrong players go.

True, we wouldn't have gotten a transfer fee for our midfield shiteaters but who cares, our team would instantly improve without them.

So you know for a fact Smith and Duff will be here all next season?

I suspect more to leave, you cant pay 60k a week for players in the championship unless you are funded by an oil drunk arab.

We aren't we are owned by some market stall style trackie bottoms salesman.

More will leave.

The problem with Duff and Smith is that they're so s*** the only likely was to get them out the club is to give them away - but the money that they are on probably means that we will have to subsidise thier wages to whatever team picks them up.

We may rate them as shit but a lower prem side could buy experienced prem players on the cheap, especially when he transfer window starts to close down and teams get desperate for players.

We may rate them as shit but a lower prem side could buy experienced prem players on the cheap, especially when he transfer window starts to close down and teams get desperate for players.

But that's part of the problem though as going to a Burnley, Wolves or Stoke we will end up paying half their wages after selling them on for a knockdown price.  Might as well keep them if that's the case.

So if someone like Wigan offer us a couple of million for smith and offer to pay 30 k of his supposed 60 k wages and we pay the other 30k, you would rather keep him instead of shifting 30Ks worth of wages of our wage bill.

Madness.

It has to go man.

.......and installed Alan Smith as captain.

I'm one of Smith's harshest critics, mainly because he is either a striker who hasn't scored for years or he's a midfielder who fouls opposition players in and around our box. He may be a 'proper' professional but he doesn't inspire any confidence in me.  :facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

So if someone like Wigan offer us a couple of million for smith and offer to pay 30 k of his supposed 60 k wages and we pay the other 30k, you would rather keep him instead of shifting 30Ks worth of wages of our wage bill.

Madness.

It has to go man.

Give him away for £500k and they can afford the wages then, win-win really

I couldn't see us getting a couple of million for either of them though - if they do go it will be for an 'undisclosed', nominal fee.  The other side of the coin is that when we dump these fuckers we need to get other players in to fill the gaps in the squad and we need any money brought in to do that.  If we are only taking half of thier wages off the bill and getting next to nothing from the sale then it's not a great deal really.