The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I think if you boys were a manager, desperately needed a win and could only choose one of the above to play for you, it probably wouldn't be Zinedine Zidane. But if so, each to their own.

then again if i was looking to build a team around one player for a season,not just one game, it would have been zidane.

Love to know how many of these Zidane fans watched him play between world cups.

Yeah remember him winning Champion's League with Madrid a couple of times  once and also Euro 2000 with France...he also had 2 exceptional world cups...98 and 2006.

Ronaldo?

FYP

That totals about 20 games, i'm convinced.  O0

Seriously though, each to their own. But goals win games and for almost 10 years Ronaldo was the best in the world at doing that.

Duh. Zidane, Maradona, Sócrates, Van Basten, Zico, Francescoli... players that I think were better at their prime than Ronaldo. But comparing players of different positions is tricky. Ronaldo has a case for better striker I have seen in my lifetime. I love Van Basten though.

Until you mentioned Enzo Francescoli,i was with you.

I know I know... my love for Francescoli is not usually understood... but I just loved how he would never look at his friggin' feet. Just get the ball, keep running at the same speed as if nothing had happened, and then pick up a great pass. I think he was amazing. He brought such flow to the game.

The things Van Basten could do with a football, though, never seen a centreforward which so much technique (and also as deadly). Ibrahimovic reminds me of him in a way. And the bastard seemed to score an overhead kick every other week.

Duh. Zidane, Maradona, Sócrates, Van Basten, Zico, Francescoli... players that I think were better at their prime than Ronaldo. But comparing players of different positions is tricky. Ronaldo has a case for better striker I have seen in my lifetime. I love Van Basten though.

Until you mentioned Enzo Francescoli,i was with you.

I know I know... my love for Francescoli is not usually understood... but I just loved how he would never look at his friggin' feet. Just get the ball, keep running at the same speed as if nothing had happened, and then pick up a great pass. I think he was amazing. He brought such flow to the game.

The things Van Basten could do with a football, though, never seen a centreforward which so much technique (and also as deadly). Ibrahimovic reminds me of him in a way. And the bastard seemed to score an overhead kick every other week.

I agree with you about Marco Van Basten...the most lethal finisher but with all of the other attributes you need in a centre forward...except of course durability.Going to Italy fucked him...he was kicked from pillar to post whilst he was there.

Yeah remember him winning Champion's League with Madrid a couple of times  once and also Euro 2000 with France...he also had 2 exceptional world cups...98 and 2006.

Ronaldo?

FYP

Seriously though, each to their own. But goals win games and for almost 10 years Ronaldo was the best in the world at doing that.

I'll be honest with you,I'd put Romario on a par with Ronaldo at the very least.

Ronaldo?

FYP

I'll be honest with you,I'd put Romario on a par with Ronaldo at the very least.

Romario was more gifted than Ronaldo, but his work ethic let him down. And that's part of being a successful player too.

Hopefully for Chelsea, whilst they rape Man U for the next decade.

Why?

Because I despise Man U and like Chelsea.

Fair enough. I can't understand why, like.

I find Chelski "fans", glory hunters they may be, to be more likeable and actually possible to have a discussion with compared to the fucked up Man U "fans".

Hopefully for Chelsea, whilst they rape Man U for the next decade.

Why?

Because I despise Man U and like Chelsea.

Fair enough. I can't understand why, like.

I find Chelski "fans", glory hunters they may be, to be more likeable and actually possible to have a discussion with compared to the fucked up Man U "fans".

I dunno. I only know I went about 20 years without ever seeing a Chelsea shirt in Newcastle and now I fucking see them all the time.

Ronaldo?

FYP

Romario was more gifted than Ronaldo, but his work ethic let him down. And that's part of being a successful player too.

Aye, Bobby's autobiography says that one best. He struggled to get Romario onto the training pitch and couldn't get Ronaldo off it.

Strangely, I have yet to meet a Chelsea fan. However, I seem to meet Liverpool and ManU "fans" almost daily, and god do they make sure I know how good they are and how magnificient and storied their clubs are. I don't think there are that many Chelsea gloryhunters as one would believe, at least overseas.

Strangely, I have yet to meet a Chelsea fan. However, I seem to meet Liverpool and ManU "fans" almost daily, and god do they make sure I know how good they are and how magnificient and storied their clubs are. I don't think there are that many Chelsea gloryhunters as one would believe, at least overseas.

Give it time. When they win the CL, it'll be fucking horrific.

Give it time. When they win the CL, it'll be f***ing horrific.

Honest question, are Barça fans as obnoxious? I can totally understand that we might be. People of my age grew up when Barça won the league once a decade, but the young'uns are pretty spoiled.

Ronaldo?

FYP

Aye, Bobby's autobiography says that one best. He struggled to get Romario onto the training pitch and couldn't get Ronaldo off it.

Mint quote. Sums it up perfectly.

I still think he was never as good as he was before he did his knees.

Honest question, are Barça fans as obnoxious? I can totally understand that we might be. People of my age grew up when Barça won the league once a decade, but the young'uns are pretty spoiled.

In England? Not, really. There must be thousands and thousands of people in Newcastle alone who own a Barca shirt, but for the most part, I just add them to the pile of people who own Brazil shirts: people who appreciate attractive football.

I can understand kids idolizing teams like Chelsea, Barca, etc., but their parents should beat it out of them sharpish, tbh. It's a fine line between admiring Messi and being some kind of X-Factor, celeb whore.

:dave: