The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Altidore scores again but it's waved off for a reason only the ref knows.

This kid is a horse, man. f***ing Hull!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, refs in CONCACAF systematically favour opponents of the US in games. That was a horrible, horrible decision by the ref.

You're right about Gooch though, the US look really ropey at the back.

It was a weird call because I can't even what the ref even saw.

The thinking seems to be that he thought Dempsey followed through when he played the ball through to Altidore. It's just the kind of bullshit decision you get when a ref is sympathetic to one side.

Altidore scores again but it's waved off for a reason only the ref knows.

This kid is a horse, man. Fucking Hull!

He cant save them on his own!

:lol: Nothing can save Hull. They're in a Final Destination movie. Phil Brown to be baked like bread in a tanning bed.

I just hope they don't sign him.

It was a weird call because I can't even what the ref even saw.

The thinking seems to be that he thought Dempsey followed through when he played the ball through to Altidore. It's just the kind of bullshit decision you get when a ref is sympathetic to one side.

What made it weird was that it looked like the ref was deflecting blame towards the linesman, but then even the linesman was like "I didn't see shit!" or the spanish equivalent. Yo -- -- nada mierda

Guest Heneage

While I haven't seen him for Estudiantes recently I would assume Veron is a bit old for the national side, you'd think a country like Argentina would have more options.

34 I think the commentator said, Maradonna has fallen out with Riquelme too.

:nods: Remember hearing something about that as well.

I was thinking Gago? Or even Biglia or Battaglia. They need 2 holding midfielders here, and possibly drop Tevez for Milito. They have no one now who really slots passes in, and the little guys up top are getting bossed by the basham brothers in Lucio and Luisao. Even picking the defenders he has shows a real naivety. When you have a fit Kaka, Robinho and Luis Fabiano you need your most experienced Centre backs. Burdisso, Colocinni, Heinze, Demichells . Zanetti on the right and go for a home based player on the left, FM legend Monzon for example. Brazil attack through the middle and rarely put crosses in as they favour a square midfield, 2 piano carriers at the back Gilberto and Melo normally, then your piano players in Kaka and Elano. He should lined up like this.

Zanetti    Demichelles   Colocinni   Heinze

Mascherano   Battaglia

Maxi

Messi                                      Aguero

Milito/Lisandro.

El Salvador's defence is unbelievably deep. This is so open.

It's as if the pitch doubled in size. I've never really seen that much room in midfield.

I think they're playing with a sweeper who has just decided to stay back there.

The US still need more defensive experience in the middle. Donovan and Dempsey are great going forward, but players like Bradley give the ball away far too much. That said, the US seem to have tightened it up in the last 5 mins.

Zlatans goal today was one of the most mental moments of my life. Practically out of the WC if we draw. Additional time is up. Elm launches it, Zlatans poor touch, and then it's just a massive blackout. That didn't happen.

Disgraceful from Portugal though, probably Queiroz last appointment..couple of failures for him now

Out of intrest, how did Hungary look, much of a chance against Portugal on Wednesday?

Don't think so. They were very poor. Didn't pose much of an attacking threat except for the penalty, which was a terrible decision. Although, Portugal struggled against Albania, drew twice with Sweden (we should have won at home if it wasn't for Elmander not being a goalscorer), lost at home to Denmark and now only managing a draw away. Queiroz is clueless.