The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Anyone else think Huddlestone might be 'on the plane'? I don't think he'll take Carrick as he's been poor and is injured I think? But I can't think who might replace him. Maybe Milner and then an extra winger.

I've rated him for years, always said he was one of the most underrated players in the league. Huddlestone still lacks something though, I don't know what it is ... for a player who can pass and shoot like he can he lacks the anticipation, movement and positioning that someone like Carrick has to offer. Will probably come with age though.

Guest je85

Spanish national team can't be pleased with that. I know they've got a frightening amount of CM's waiting in the wings, but still.

Spanish national team can't be pleased with that. I know they've got a frightening amount of CM's waiting in the wings, but still.

club > country

and actually Xavi, Cesc and Iniesta have all injury issues at this point.

Huddlestone is another player whose style really makes him look lazy.  He gets around the pitch a fair bit but never looks in a hurry because he's so composed on the ball.  Like a midfield Berbatov without all of the class on the ball (although there still is a lot there).  Would absolutely love for him to be in our midfield.

Huddlestone is another player whose style really makes him look lazy.  He gets around the pitch a fair bit but never looks in a hurry because he's so composed on the ball.  Like a midfield Berbatov without all of the class on the ball (although there still is a lot there).  Would absolutely love for him to be in our midfield.

He almost plays like a quarterback in the way that he picks out a pass. Should be given a WC call, would make him a better player.

So, Pompey would be 18th now if it weren't for the point deduction? Still mathematically relegated, but a good show given all the crap that's surrounded the club.

Their form post-deduction has been reasonable, as though the pressure's just completely off and they've cultivated some underdog spirit inspired by 'injustice' and as such have performed 'ok'. If they hadn't had a points deduction, I doubt they would've got as many 'ok' results as they have recently.

Guest palnese

Liverpool: Reina, Mascherano, Kyrgiakos, Carragher, Agger, Gerrard, Lucas, Maxi, Aquilani, Benayoun, Kuyt.

Subs: Cavalieri, Babel, Ngog, Degen, El Zhar, Ayala, Pacheco.

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Alex, Ashley Cole, Lampard, Ballack, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba, Anelka.

Subs: Hilario, Joe Cole, Zhirkov, Paulo Ferreira, Deco, Sturridge, Belletti.

Referee: Alan Wiley (Staffordshire)

Chelsea ftw.