The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest neesy111

the refs in spain are complete utter nutters, and should be locked away for some of the decisions tonight

Guest Geordiesned

Books the keeper for time wasting in injury time then doesn't add any time on!

Guest je85

According to @InfostradaLive on twitter  Higuain and Ronaldo have now equalled the all-time La Liga partnership record of 53 goals by Eto'o and Messi from 2008/2009 season

Man, I'm sure I'm going to die of heart complications in 10-15 years. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy football  :thup:

Massive win, now Valladolid at home.

Incidentally, here's the relegation scrap:

16. Valladolid 36

17. Málaga 36

18. Tenerife 36

19. Rácing 36

20. Xerez 33

Even Xerez have a chance to make it, insane.

Man, I'm sure I'm going to die of heart complications in 10-15 years. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy football  :thup:

Massive win, now Valladolid at home.

Incidentally, here's the relegation scrap:

16. Valladolid 36

17. Málaga 36

18. Tenerife 36

19. Rácing 36

20. Xerez 33

Even Xerez have a chance to make it, insane.

Surely Xerez has no chance, do they not have a worse head to head than atleast 1 of those teams?

The La Liga rules for more than two teams on same points are incredibly arcane. Points obtained in matches against the other teams are counted, in case of still two teams being equal after this, then head to head GD with all the teams you're tied to is counted, then overall amount of goals scored. I won't do the math, but people claim that if they win and some combinations of 3-4 teams above them lose (and Málaga and Valladolid are playing Madrid and Barça), they would stay up.