The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Yep, that new directive. No handballing.

Even Hansen saying "general consensus - dreadful decision"  :idiot2:

He doesn't know what Dunne is meant to do. Not block the ball with his arm raised above his head perhaps.

And are overhead kicks now classed as dangerous play ?

What happens if one of the teams on those glass panels goes out of the league through relegation or promotion? Thought of Claridge with a scraper. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

It might have been said in another post but I cant be arsed to look.

Did anyone hear Linekar saying 'Four Keane Hell'?

It tickled my giggle gland.

Would be funny as oot if the mackems lost today.

Looking at their fixtures: Bolton, Chelsea, Blackburn, Stoke, Hull, Burnley and Wolves.  You couldn't realistically wish for a better start.  They still haven't set the world alight and with games against Man U and Liverpool to come if they don't win today they'll start to panic.

They won't go down like, but considering Bruce's teams always seem to knock off 8 or 9 games early for the summer, they could really do with getting some points now. So, hopefully they won't.

Yeah, I don't think they'll go down but it would be funny to see the PL's third highest spenders(!) in a relegation battle.

Gotta say, Jeff Stelling made a couple of somewhat patronising remarks yesterday; firstly calling it a 'massive shock' for Preston to go to Leicester and win, and then he was reading out some goals from the lower divisions (all of which were equalisers or teams taking the lead I believe), and then shouting;

"BUT ALL OF THAT IS INSIGNIFICANT COMPARED TO WHAT'S HAPPENED AT THE BRITANNIA STADIUM!"

And all it was was a 2nd Man Utd goal. Aye Jeff, don't let Sky Sports' bias be too obvious, ey?

What are Sunderlands next fixtures?, say the next 6, I'm just interested, to see where they can (hopefully lose points). I wouldn't say I'd want them to go down, us coming up is more important, if they go down that would be a bonus, not that I can see it happening though, Hull and Portsmouth have each claimed a relegation spot, and their is a few worse then Sunderland to fill the last relegation spot.

Anyway, I have Keogh (or whatever he is called) in my dream team, so a hatrick today for him wouldn't go a miss.

Nice to see Darren Bent having a Skysports interview in a Newcastle bar though .O0

ALso nice for Skysports to say twice that Sunderland are the only Premiership team in the NE now, but atleast they brought those smb's back down to ground when he said the last time that happpend, Sunderland went down. Same again please.

Gotta say, Jeff Stelling made a couple of somewhat patronising remarks yesterday; firstly calling it a 'massive shock' for Preston to go to Leicester and win, and then he was reading out some goals from the lower divisions (all of which were equalisers or teams taking the lead I believe), and then shouting;

"BUT ALL OF THAT IS INSIGNIFICANT COMPARED TO WHAT'S HAPPENED AT THE BRITANNIA STADIUM!"

And all it was was a 2nd Man Utd goal. Aye Jeff, don't let Sky Sports' bias be too obvious, ey?

Leicester iirc were unbeaten at home for more than a year, so it was a surprise tbh.

Leicester iirc were unbeaten at home for more than a year, so it was a surprise tbh.

Aye 20 something games he said.

That's true but Preston are a very good side themselves, he made it sound like Plymouth had gone there and outplayed them.

Guest firetotheworks

That's true but Preston are a very good side themselves, he made it sound like Plymouth had gone there and outplayed them.

You're splidding hairs, Alan.

Plymouth showed up to?!? No wonder they won that's gotta be cheating.  O0

But to be fair, if you are undefeated at home in so many games you are expected to even give the top teams a good game. In betting terms I'd assume Leicester were favourites.