The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I wonder if Redknapp accepted our job offer in January 08? Where could we be right now? I am sure a whole better than where we are right now. The best English manager byt a mile.

He's had the luck of having a lot of money to spend on players, so managers like Tony Pulis could be the best English manager, with him not having much money at his disposal

I wonder if Redknapp accepted our job offer in January 08? Where could we be right now? I am sure a whole better than where we are right now. The best English manager byt a mile.

He's had the luck of having a lot of money to spend on players

Aye, everyone seems to forget that. The man who managed to financially cripple Portsmouth, and who spent £12m on Palacios, £8m on Defoe, £9m on Crouch, £12m on Keane, etc etc. But he's a good "wheeler dealer" apparently.

He's as much of a wheeler dealer as I am a member of the US senate.

Guest Haris Vuckic

''He's walked out on every job he's had''

Guest kingdawson

Aye, everyone seems to forget that. The man who managed to financially cripple Portsmouth, and who spent £12m on Palacios, £8m on Defoe, £9m on Crouch, £12m on Keane, etc etc. But he's a good "wheeler dealer" apparently.

Look who we've sold though since Harry's come in....

Bent - 10m

Boateng - 4m

Zokora - 8m

chimbonda - 3m

Gunter - 2m

So we've recouped 27m which isn't half bad.

Financially cripple?

Portsmouth made a big profit on pretty much every single one of his deals.

Financially cripple?

Erm, think about the wages of the likes of Muntari, L.Diarra, Crouch, Defoe, Campbell, Distin, G.Johnson? He didn't really think well in terms of a sustainable business model. That's why Crouch and Defoe were sold, because they had no choice.

Why else do you think Portsmouth had all that money trouble recently?

Guest kingdawson

Bentley, Pavulychenko and dos Santos will surely be on their ways out KD?

Pav and Dos Santos will probably be gone in January but he might keep Bentley at least until the end of the season. So yeah, Pav, Dos santos, Hutton and possibly Bentley too could all be out in January.

The talk of Defoe being the first player to score five since Shearer has made me realise how much I miss the big man :weep:

I'm pretty sure I won't see the likes for us again in my lifetime, legend.

Financially cripple?

Erm, think about the wages of the likes of Muntari, L.Diarra, Crouch, Defoe, Campbell, Distin, G.Johnson? He didn't really think well in terms of a sustainable business model. That's why Crouch and Defoe were sold, because they had no choice.

Why else do you think Portsmouth had all that money trouble recently?

He brought well, the chairmen obviously knew what the wage budget was going to be after all those signings, the fact remains, each one of those players listed did very well and Portsmouth made money from their eventual sales.  They weren't forced to sell - as they held out on the fee's.

He wasn't responsible for their financial trouble, he was obviously within his budget otherwise those players wouldn't have been signed.

Guest Heneage

f***ing hell, just watching the highlights from Malaga/Zaragoza, one of the Malaga players spat in a Zaragaza player's mouth when they went head-to-head. :lol:

That was the most mental game, Malaga could have won it but Forresteri (sp?) took a bad dive.