The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

I wonder if Redknapp accepted our job offer in January 08? Where could we be right now? I am sure a whole better than where we are right now. The best English manager byt a mile.

He's had the luck of having a lot of money to spend on players, so managers like Tony Pulis could be the best English manager, with him not having much money at his disposal

Except of course he's Welsh.  O0

The likes of Lennon and Defoe, on top form, against an opposition who seemingly can't be arsed anymore, will cause total and utter carnage. Often you say a team 'should have scored X goals'. Today was simply Tottenham delivering what the game threatened after they went 4-1-ish up.

They're really called Real Salt Lake? What's it mean?

Isn't some American City called the "Salt Lake City"?

I think I've just got this from a snippit of a song I have in my head after hearing that name. :lol:

"The salt lake city's gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire."

They're really called Real Salt Lake? What's it mean?

Isn't some American City called the "Salt Lake City"?

I think I've just got this from a snippit of a song I have in my head after hearing that name. :lol:

"The salt lake city's gonna set my soul, gonna set my soul on fire."

Aye, it's a city. The Winter Olympics was hosted there in 2002 or something.

Aye, but why Real Salt Lake? Is it like Real Madrid, except not?

From Wiki: "The title "Real" (Spanish pronunciation: [reˈal]) is derived from the Spanish language where it is traditionally used by certain Spanish football clubs such as Real Madrid of La Liga. It is translated into English as "royal" and it is taken by teams that make the King of Spain an honorary member of the club."

(Real Salt Lake's wiki)

From Wiki: "The title "Real" (Spanish pronunciation: [reˈal]) is derived from the Spanish language where it is traditionally used by certain Spanish football clubs such as Real Madrid of La Liga. It is translated into English as "royal" and it is taken by teams that make the King of Spain an honorary member of the club."

(Real Salt Lake's wiki)

Oh, right, so the King of America is an honorary member.

(Real Salt Lake's wiki)

Oh, right, so the King of America is an honorary member.

They have a relationship with Real Madrid IIRC.

Terrible quality so far - a bit like watching the Championship really.

Hoping for a Galaxy win as I go to their games during the year. Like any self respecting Newcastle fan I had a "boycoutt" during Ruud Gullit's reign. Last game (a month ago) I tried to get Warren Barton's attention and drag him into conversation.