The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

i hope it wasn't polite or non-violent.

he plays/played at a squash club a friend of mine played at. he played the part of the famous man around the club. when it was their turn to play, my friend whopped his arse and roger wasn't happy with people laughing from the spectators area. wouldn't speak in the changing area and left straight away instead of his usual "look at me i'm famous" stroll.

It wasn't polite and it started off about the way he used to pronounce Mirandinha on TV, I gave him some stick and he couldn't take it so stormed off in a huff.  Everybody around us were laughing and goading him as he went off in a strop.

:lol:

I did work experience at Tyne Tees, and can confirm that he's a bit of a tit.

Guest firetotheworks

Vela has failed to live up to that hype. He looks a painfully average player.

Aye, every time I've seen him, he's looked one paced, easily fought off the ball and had a shit finish. No doubt Wenger will turn him into a goal machine then.

Guest firetotheworks

It's class seeing Fabregas having gone from being the pupil to the mentor. Every time anyone in the midfield has the ball they're looking for him to take over.

Guest firetotheworks

That was one of those times when a player had 'the right' to go down. I normally hate that phrase, but its right in that situation.

Filipe is a fantastic prospect aswell. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Barcelona or Madrid in the next few years.

We tried to sign him this summer, but didn't meet Depor's valuation (€15m). Totally gutted about his injury, I really like him and I was hoping he made the WC squad.

yeah you guys went for the cheaper option in Maxwell. How is is doing since he left Inter? Don`t think he was that impressive there IIRC.

Filipe and Dani Alves as left/right back respectively would have been fantastic to see despite the holes there would inevitably be at the back.

Abidal has been truly excellent this season, so so far no regrets about our LB. Maxwell is decent as backup but nothing else, but he was very cheap (€5m). Of course Filipe Luis would still have been a cracking signing.

Guest firetotheworks

Im not just saying this, I've watched 3 and a half Arsenal matches with Theo Walcott this season, and in every single one of them he must have only completed 20% of his passes. He has been absolutely terrible, honestly.